Beginning of season 3, cops basically gave up on trying to get String

i swear yall ? sleep on that character
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    nawledge_? wrote: »
    McNulty Was A Self Centered Egotistical ? ...? That Dude

Exactly. the countless sexcapades and alcoholic binges got tiresome around season 3. i was glad when david simon and ed burns downgraded his character to more of a minor role in season 4. and his presence wasnt missed honestly
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ounceman wrote: »
    nawledge_? wrote: »
    McNulty Was A Self Centered Egotistical ? ...? That Dude

Exactly. the countless sexcapades and alcoholic binges got tiresome around season 3. i was glad when david simon and ed burns downgraded his character to more of a minor role in season 4. and his presence wasnt missed honestly

"You start to tell the story, you think you're the hero, and then when you get done talking..."

• Art-illery
    Art-illery Members Posts: 743 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DAMN... AIN'T NONE OF YA'LL MENTIONED MY GIRL... SHAME ON YA'LL ? :

The%20Wire%20-%20Kima.jpg

How can a ? forget how she beat the ? out of Bodie when he sucker punched that one cop!? KIMA WAS THE ONLY PERSON ON THE WHOLE DAMN FORCE TO TAKE SHOTS FOR THE TEAM, AND NOT SNITCH ABOUT IT. That one scene that she had with ol' girl with the fat ass damn near had a ? mouth waterin... You can't lose with 'dem Blasian women...

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Hold Marlo off from what ?

They lost the towers and had to find new places to stand

Marlo already had those same corners when Avon was out

What? Avon's crew had corners too. What do you think String was even running. And they had to hold off Marlo because he wasn't satisfied with those corners. He was trying to control everything, which eventually he did.

And the cops didn't give up on trying to get String. Police corruption and lack of funds made it so the put their manpower into other endeavors for show rather than sinking them into a long term and expensive operation to take down one person.
  • Art-illery
    Options
    But you can't forget about Omar... Yeah he was ? , but he had ? ducking for cover and he was die hard...

Brother Mouzone was the ironic type... He'll shoot the ? out of you, and then read you a book about self-improvement and discipline.

Cedric Daniels was the type to look out for his team, and play the system at the same time... But if you crossed him, he would make you pay. Plus he left his wife for a white woman like a smart ? would!! lol. j/k... His punchline was probably the funniest after Clay Davis'. ? McNulty's predictable "The ? did I do" corny ass ? :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bcy8bvhewtU

Clay Davis? What more can I say except:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1sLiIiATzqH2ZW3kPOJVOi_gWQXFHvEkbN_lARFwLVdoyo5gx
  • Art-illery
    Options
    And honorable mentions goes out to that lil' car theivin ass ? Donut and that class clown. Drake could learn a thing or two from this lil ? :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvB6oHE0ePg
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    C/S Donut, that ? was hilarious
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What? Avon's crew had corners too. What do you think String was even running. And they had to hold off Marlo because he wasn't satisfied with those corners. He was trying to control everything, which eventually he did.

And the cops didn't give up on trying to get String. Police corruption and lack of funds made it so the put their manpower into other endeavors for show rather than sinking them into a long term and expensive operation to take down one person.

NO

Marlo wouldnt come up off his corners and he wasnt playing ball with the co op

Avon wasnt feeling that and declared war
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Da Faq. ? I suggest you watch season 3 again. Them ? lost the low rise in season 2 then the towers season 3. Avan them was never on the corners until season 3 after the low rise anf the towers were completely gone. Them ? tired to push in on Marlo. And Marlo wasn't having it.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    NO

This doesn't contradict what I said. B&B lost the towers so they wanted the Corners because that's where the business was going. Marlo was already a player on the corners. It's just that the business there was nickel and dime until the towers fell. That pushed business to the corners and Marlo saw his chance to make a real name for himself. Avon wanted to take over all the corners to recover his status but to also push out the competition which was Marlo.

Nothing you said changes the fact that the Co-op weakened all of the other bosses, and the same would have been true whether or not Stringer died. In fact, it's what he wanted. He was trying to get everyone away from warring. As you pointed out. Marlo wasn't of that mindset. He kept his crew strong, and that's the reason why the Co-op had to turn to him when the NY cats was invading.
    MrSoutCity wrote: »

Da Faq. ? I suggest you watch season 3 again. Them ? lost the low rise in season 2 then the towers season 3. Avan them was never on the corners until season 3 after the low rise anf the towers were completely gone. Them ? tired to push in on Marlo. And Marlo wasn't having it.

What are you talking about. Nothing you said contradicted anything I said. In Season 3, B&B had corners but they weren't running everything like they were when they had the Towers. Avon wanted take all the corners and reclaim the throne as undisputed king of the West Side. Stringer wanted to do the Co-op thing and eventually get Marlo to join. Avon knew Marlo would never be down for that because he wanted the crown. Part of Avon's motivation was selfish. He was a street dude and he wanted to keep the organization street. But part of it was also because he knew String's idea wouldn't work because Marlo was like Avon in his goals.
  • MrSoutCity
    Options
    NO

This doesn't contradict what I said. B&B lost the towers so they wanted the Corners because that's where the business was going. Marlo was already a player on the corners. It's just that the business there was nickel and dime until the towers fell. That pushed business to the corners and Marlo saw his chance to make a real name for himself. Avon wanted to take over all the corners to recover his status but to also push out the competition which was Marlo.

Nothing you said changes the fact that the Co-op weakened all of the other bosses, and the same would have been true whether or not Stringer died. In fact, it's what he wanted. He was trying to get everyone away from warring. As you pointed out. Marlo wasn't of that mindset. He kept his crew strong, and that's the reason why the Co-op had to turn to him when the NY cats was invading.

What are you talking about. Nothing you said contradicted anything I said. In Season 3, B&B had corners but they weren't running everything like they were when they had the Towers. Avon wanted take all the corners and reclaim the throne as undisputed king of the West Side. Stringer wanted to do the Co-op thing and eventually get Marlo to join. Avon knew Marlo would never be down for that because he wanted the crown. Part of Avon's motivation was selfish. He was a street dude and he wanted to keep the organization street. But part of it was also because he knew String's idea wouldn't work because Marlo was like Avon in his goals.

You made sound like Marlo was going after avon corners.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    marlo is like adrien broner....no respect for the game.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    NO

You made sound like Marlo was going after avon corners.

Well eventually Marlo wanted it all, but nah he wasn't going after Avon's corners until after Avon was gone.
  • Rhyme_Religion
    Rhyme_Religion Members Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Slim Charles and Wee-Bey. I can't rennet exactly , I think he asked for a pit beef sandwich & horseradish, when he copped to them murders
  • Rhyme_Religion
    Rhyme_Religion Members Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, no edit post option?

* remember
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    so now that im watching the wire again....

bubs is a straight snitch that got alot of ? started becuz his boy tried to pass off fake money and got his ass beat.

for real for real....it was bubs that brought down avon an marlo took advantage of him while he was week.

think back to the red hat thing. bubs places names an faces to the foot soldiers an thats what really got ? weak for avon.

• MrSoutCity
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    so now that im watching the wire again....

bubs is a straight snitch that got alot of ? started becuz his boy tried to pass off fake money and got his ass beat.

for real for real....it was bubs that brought down avon an marlo took advantage of him while he was week.

think back to the red hat thing. bubs places names an faces to the foot soldiers an thats what really got ? weak for avon.

That and D weak ass couldn't take a beat down.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It amazes me how many ppl liked DeAngelo

I could disgusted everytime i watch him do some hoe ass ?
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Slim Charles and Wee-Bey. I can't rennet exactly , I think he asked for a pit beef sandwich & horseradish, when he copped to them murders

"Fuckit then, for another Pit Sandwich and some Tata salad, I'll go a few more."

• 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    omar...as ruthless as hell was caught feelings over his boyfriend gettin killed after they robbed avon,

? did all this ? an get mad at the repercussions
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    I'll go with a top 5 (no order)

01. Clay Davis
    02. Bunk
    03. Lester
    04. Bodie
    05. Randy

gotta drop 6-10 (no order)

06. Cutty
    07. Marlo
    08. Brother Mouzone
    09. Snoop
    10. Slim Charles

11-15 (no order)

11. Prop Joe
    12. String
    13. Michael
    14. Omar
    15. Kenard

• The Lonious Monk
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    omar...as ruthless as hell was caught feelings over his boyfriend gettin killed after they robbed avon,

? did all this ? an get mad at the repercussions

You completely missed the point. Omar wasn't mad that the guy got killed. He chalked that up to the game. He was mad at the way they tortured him and then displayed him. Omar thought that was a violation to the rules of the game. And don't forget that was the only reason Omar was gunning for Stringer. Remember Stringer put the hit out on him on a Sunday while he was with his Grandmother. That too was a violation of the rules, and Stringer was warned about that. Even Avon let stringer know that there were certain things that even gangstas abided by out there. Stringer didn't really understand that, and broke them at will. As a result, it came back on him.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bodie and Avon

Plus Chris and Michael