So I was watching forbidden Kingdom the other night (jet and jackie)

Options
Copper
Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
...and I completley forgot what a ? missed opportunity movie it was...and got ? off all over again the same way I did after I paid money to see it....the only saving grace was the scenes between jet and jackie...how do u have the deniro and pachino of modern kung fu flicks together and u center the film around some goofy white boi?

not to mention that Ive actually read the monkey king its and ancient famous chinese tale...how is a white boi the chosen one to go back to ancient china and be the "chosen one" there to save the poor people in a fabled chinese epic?

Forbidden Kingdom shoulda been nothing short of a classic/epic...it shouldve been atleast 3.5-4 hours long (2 films) and set in the exact time period and followed the book closely...and had an amazing all asian cast..jet and jackie still couldve played the ill tempered monk and the ? with a heart of gold..but the monkey king himself shouldve been tony jaa ( sort of like jet and jackie passing he torch) IDGAF if he is from thailand...and the female lead couldve still been the same...cho-yun fat couldve had the lead villian role....it shouldve been done like hero or warlords (jet li films) with that same intensity and seriousness instead of some kraka time traveling with some wack ass love plot between him and a asian girl that speaks a completley diff. language...I dont know why asians didnt ? on this film...it seems they love themselves some krakas....

that is all...