so can you be racist and love/like sports too?

Options
2»

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's pretty easy to understand really. Racist whites tend to have preconceived notions about blacks. To them we're poor, ignorant, lazy, villainous people who do nothing but leech off of society. Most of those don't apply to athletes or celebrities so in their minds racists just make exceptions for them. It's like they are black but not really black.

On top of that, white people take sports really seriously. It's like their feelings about sports outrank everything else.

I once saw this interview with a guy from the KKK. He was trying to explain that he didn't hate all blacks or think that all blacks were bad, just most. His examples of good blacks were Micheal Jordan and Magic Johnson. That tells you everything you need to know about their mind states. MJ is one of the biggest ? ever and Magic was a proven adulterer, but in this guy's mind, they were prime examples of "good" blacks.
  • IamtheVILLE
    IamtheVILLE Members Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man i aint worried about the word ? it is what it is. the question was how can you be....? it.
  • proud_babydaddy
    proud_babydaddy Members Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    Options
    In high school a lot of white families had not one problem with black students or athletes. Hell in order to keep black athletes out of the hood or out of trouble they would allow you to stay at their houses in the country club. Until it came down to dating there children. Then they wouldn't blatantly come out and say it. it would be some subtle behind the scene ? .

I think they have no care about the sports players on their team because they are no threat to them. They wont will be living around them or having a direct involvement in there lives.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Slave owners ? the ? out of black ? back in the day but were no less racist. Same concept
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOxOR3x8FBQ

upto the first minute...

but the whole ? is GOAT

LMAO The name callin at the end gets me everytime
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Slave owners ? the ? out of black ? back in the day but were no less racist. Same concept

That's the funny thing.

White people claimed blacks were subhuman back then akin to farm animals, so they were happily ? what they thought to be the same as cows and horses?

Of course not, they knew we were regular humans just like them. So they made that whole BS up knowing it to be BS. How crazy is that?