You gotta respect Hyundai... they going riight for the 300C...

13»

Comments

• rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    rage wrote: »
    Hyundai really needs to stop being lazy and re-brand these luxury vehicles they trying to come out with

they are going to make the same mistake that Mazda made in the 90s and end up ? up their identity

a lot more customers would be willing to buy Hyundai's high end cars, but they can't get past Hyundai historic "cheap" label

I dont think they need to set up a whole new dealer network and infrastructure for the brand. Just rebadge the vehicles as pure Genesis and set a separate area in the dealership just for the Genesis brand with exclusive sales people/tech etc. Hyundai's proposition right now is great value for dollar, incurring more expense would reduce that proposition.

Kinda like Fiat is doing with SRT? I think it will work initially but once people realize its still Hyundai it won't matter. No matter what anyone says the new Viper is still a Dodge. As said it's all about marketing though.

Lexus was (and is still a Toyota) at one point. Hyundai and Kia are both rapidly shedding the budget stigma. Both of them keep having record sales months, quarters and years. I don't think the old school prejudices are going to be a problem within the next 5 to 10 years. German cars are getting exposed for being just as unreliable if not MORE unreliable than American, Asian cars. There was a reliability study done by a german magazine that took a survey of over 200,000 cars and owners and Hyundai came out on top, beating out Benz, Bimmer, Audi etc.

One thing you need to take into account.. Folks who buy German cars.. Do not buy them for reliability.. Reliability is probably at the end of their list of reasons why they buy German... A German car buyer IMO wouldnt even consider anything from Hyundai or Kia.. Whether they rebrand it or not... Although rebranding would probably help these auto makers..

I agree 100% even Hyundai execs will admit this to you. I dont think they are going after zee Germans, but by benchmarking the germans they are pounding on the ? like Acura and Infiniti...maybe a little Lexus.

I mean that's a helluva strategy.. To be the BEST.. You have to beat the Best...

That's my issue with Domestic cars.. I'm a first generation African American.. I picked up my foreign/German car obsession up while living in Ghana as a kid.. But at the same time.. I am a proud American.. If Detroit were to put out cars comparable to the German's I would seriously consider it.. I refer this example all the time.. THe Camaro.. When I got rid of my Range Rover... I seriously considered getting one.. But the ? interior ? me the ? off.. Navigation wasnt even an option back then.. How the ? can you bring such a well designed car to market and short change the customer on the interior?..

Granted it isnt supposed to be nor marketed as a luxury car.. But that car deserves a better designed interior.. With higher quality interior materials.. Even if it tacks on another 15k to the price.. You might lose some buyers but you would steal ones directly from the Germans..

LoL.. Thats my American car rant for the day. haha..

just need 8 years of a republican run government... you'll see another upswing in the muscle car group.
    believe that.

You sure?.. Cuz it seems to me under the last republican run government is when Detroit was struggling and was pumping out BS.. They have gotten better during the current administration...

Yup, the current admin is FAR FAR tougher on automakers in terms of MPG, Safety etc. This forces car companies to be innovative and push their designs further. This benefits the customers...I mean we have a 600hp cars getting damn near 30mpg (MP4-12c). The new LT1 has 26mpg with 25% less emissions. Its a great time for car lovers.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hyundai really needs to stop being lazy and re-brand these luxury vehicles they trying to come out with

they are going to make the same mistake that Mazda made in the 90s and end up ? up their identity

a lot more customers would be willing to buy Hyundai's high end cars, but they can't get past Hyundai historic "cheap" label

I dont think they need to set up a whole new dealer network and infrastructure for the brand. Just rebadge the vehicles as pure Genesis and set a separate area in the dealership just for the Genesis brand with exclusive sales people/tech etc. Hyundai's proposition right now is great value for dollar, incurring more expense would reduce that proposition.

Kinda like Fiat is doing with SRT? I think it will work initially but once people realize its still Hyundai it won't matter. No matter what anyone says the new Viper is still a Dodge. As said it's all about marketing though.

Lexus was (and is still a Toyota) at one point. Hyundai and Kia are both rapidly shedding the budget stigma. Both of them keep having record sales months, quarters and years. I don't think the old school prejudices are going to be a problem within the next 5 to 10 years. German cars are getting exposed for being just as unreliable if not MORE unreliable than American, Asian cars. There was a reliability study done by a german magazine that took a survey of over 200,000 cars and owners and Hyundai came out on top, beating out Benz, Bimmer, Audi etc.

One thing you need to take into account.. Folks who buy German cars.. Do not buy them for reliability.. Reliability is probably at the end of their list of reasons why they buy German... A German car buyer IMO wouldnt even consider anything from Hyundai or Kia.. Whether they rebrand it or not... Although rebranding would probably help these auto makers..

the bolded is true

but if there wasn't a possibility of German car buyers being open-minded to other brands, MB wouldn't be struggling to keep up with BMW

and BMW wouldn't be willing to put out all these new smaller cars

and of course I'm talking about mid-luxury car buyers (5-series, E-Class and down)

anybody buying high-end (6-series and up, CLS-class and up) more than likely doesn't care about maintenance and long term viability of their car
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hyundai needs to separate its name from the luxuary brand they come out with.... have folk think its two separate companies for its initial launch so it can get the casual car buyer who will think they are buying a "new luxury brand" the right promotion and people behind it ie celebrities " kind like how 50 pushed the 300" and Game had the "magnum in his videos" and they could get off the ground hype wise.... the thing that helped Toyota,Nissan, and Honda is that alot of people ie women/youth didnt know that Lexus/Infiniti/and Acura were under that brand. The Genesis is a beautiful car but too many folk wont buy it cuz its a "Hyundai" and they would rather spend that big amount of bread on a "known" luxuary brand. shot out to whoever mentioned that Mazda Millenia... It used to remind me of the the old Infini Q with the round face
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree 100% even Hyundai execs will admit this to you. I dont think they are going after zee Germans, but by benchmarking the germans they are pounding on the ? like Acura and Infiniti...maybe a little Lexus.

I mean that's a helluva strategy.. To be the BEST.. You have to beat the Best...

That's my issue with Domestic cars.. I'm a first generation African American.. I picked up my foreign/German car obsession up while living in Ghana as a kid.. But at the same time.. I am a proud American.. If Detroit were to put out cars comparable to the German's I would seriously consider it.. I refer this example all the time.. THe Camaro.. When I got rid of my Range Rover... I seriously considered getting one.. But the ? interior ? me the ? off.. Navigation wasnt even an option back then.. How the ? can you bring such a well designed car to market and short change the customer on the interior?..

Granted it isnt supposed to be nor marketed as a luxury car.. But that car deserves a better designed interior.. With higher quality interior materials.. Even if it tacks on another 15k to the price.. You might lose some buyers but you would steal ones directly from the Germans..

LoL.. Thats my American car rant for the day. haha..

just need 8 years of a republican run government... you'll see another upswing in the muscle car group.
    believe that.

You sure?.. Cuz it seems to me under the last republican run government is when Detroit was struggling and was pumping out BS.. They have gotten better during the current administration...

let us not forget that this was released during the Bush era:

leftfront.jpg

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    edited February 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^

This is true, Benz E classes are taxis in Germany, BMW 3 series are essentially civics there. In fact TUV did a reliability test of over 200,000 cars over 5 years and Hyundai came out on top beating all the German brands.
  • louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013

the bolded is true

but if there wasn't a possibility of German car buyers being open-minded to other brands, MB wouldn't be struggling to keep up with BMW

and of course I'm talking about mid-luxury car buyers (5-series, E-Class and down)

anybody buying high-end (6-series and up, CLS-class and up) more than likely doesn't care about maintenance and long term viability of their car

@ the bold, u do know these are all the same cars? 5-6ers & E-CLS....nothing high end about them, unless u add M or AMG
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    louis rich wrote: »

the bolded is true

@ the bold, u do know these are all the same cars? 5-6ers & E-CLS....nothing high end about them, unless u add M or AMG

nosign......I basically posted that as a guide to distinguish between $50K and up being a different luxury market than $50K and below

there is a difference between the average cat copping a 535 or E-Class, vs. a cat buying a 6-series or CLS

then if you throw in AMG and M the differences are even greater

real talk you can't even really consider your ? luxury unless you starting off at the least $50K with a V8......and even that is kind of low balling it