Options
    Wow, ocelot.

Shame on you.
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *shrugs*
    My favorite game of all time...
    What's crazy is I played it on my Vita to make sure it wasn't nostalgia and surprisingly it wasn't... I love that game.

Thank You Pizza Hut demo that headlined Tony Hawk.
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only good thing about FF8 is the OST.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    The one thing I hated about FF8 was how high the budget was. Sucks Xenogears was never truly finished because of that.
  • ohhhla
    Options
    That CGI was amazing even til this day.

Visual and Sound Quality was top-notch in '99.
  • ohhhla
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Junctioning was actually fun in FF8.

I never understood how people found that complex
  • ocelot
    Options
    FFVIII was so ambitious I look past it flaws... The music was GOAT... The graphics at the time were GOAT... Story was speaking from an introvert perspective(most of us on here are introverts)... The world had spirit and soul... There were a lot of forshadowing... The Characters were GOAT...The card game was GOAT...What's not to like?
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FF7
    FF6 (FF3 on SNES)
    FF3 (FF1 on NES)
    FF10
    FF10-2
  • ocelot
    Options
    ohhhla wrote: »

? was playing it wrong 9xs out of 10... You don't even have to junction to have fun... ? that complained about the GFs were playing it wrong... ? that complained about Monsters leveling up with you are ? ...
  • ohhhla
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »
    FFVIII was so ambitious I look past it flaws... The music was GOAT... The graphics at the time were GOAT... Story was speaking from an introvert perspective(most of us on here are introverts)... The world had spirit and soul... There were a lot of forshadowing... The Characters were GOAT...The card game was GOAT...What's not to like?

I'll give it to the Triple Triad

Even tho, I suck at it and the ? was unfair.

But you gotta admit why people dislike it.

I didn't mind drawing magic.

There were options like refining items, or cards.
  • ohhhla
    Options

? was playing it wrong 9xs out of 10... You don't even have to junction to have fun... ? that complained about the GFs were playing it wrong... ? that complained about Monsters leveling up with you are ? ...

The reason being because you can beat the game at Level 10 with godlike magic stats.

I used to just grind and farm for whatever I needed.
  • ocelot
    Options

Bruh play the card game again and get good at it... It will boost your love by 25%... Square is ? up by not making it a PSN game

I understand the hate... It's not FF4/6/9 for the elites and not FF7/10 for the first timers... A lot of yall complaints I can't defend... But at the same time I see a lot a people judging FF8 for what it wasn't instead of what it was... And Ill defend it everytime... I do the same for MGS2 too.
  • ohhhla
    Options

Bruh play the card game again and get good at it... It will boost your love by 25%... Square is ? up by not making it a PSN game

I understand the hate... It's not FF4/6/9 for the elites and not FF7/10 for the first timers... A lot of yall complaints I can't defend... But at the same time I see a lot a people judging FF8 for what it wasn't instead of what it was... And Ill defend it everytime... I do the same for MGS2 too.

FF8 was the FF13 before it was FF13.

Look at it, no on screen treasures, no armour, taking SeeD's to get gil.

Like look how FF12 did the ? . It was great and innovative.

It was annoying, tho.

Triple Triad is a good pro of FF8.

I don't need to like Triple Triad to know it was good.

I'm trying to be objective.
  • ocelot
    Options

The reason being because you can beat the game at Level 10 with godlike magic stats.

I used to just grind and farm for whatever I needed.

You can if you don't have the patience to grind... Think of all the noobs that probably never got past the Snake in FF7 because they didn't know better...

But if you do like to grind you get a challenge and rewarded with better items and magic... Everyone wins

If you grind you get better GFs... Better cards... Better side quests( I forgot about the GOAT side quests) but if you just want to get on with the story you can but won't get the full game... FFXIII never had that...smh
  • ohhhla
    Options
    What I mean is FF8 had a cast of awful characters.

Squall is the only decent character

The writer of FF8 made everyone blubbering idiots make Squall seem mature and competent.

It annoys each playthrough, Ocelot.

I'm very critical on anything.
  • ocelot
    Options

It was annoying, tho.

I hate FFXIII with a passion... The characters were ? and it was a 50 hr corridor... The story was confusing and they keep giving this terrible game sequels no one asked for... 8 was ahead of its time and was doing ? in 99 not a lot of games are doing now as far as ambitions...
  • ocelot
    Options

The writer of FF8 made everyone blubbering idiots make Squall seem mature and competent.

I understand... Squall punked out when Rinoa went down in the 3rd disc... Zell was comic relief... Selphie was Yukkie... Seifer was great... Quintis was great... Irvine was great... Rinoa was ass... Luguna and friends were GOAT...

But there were flaws in all the FFs... Clouds a cross dressing stan for Zack...
    Tidus yelling and fighting Seymore 20xs for no reason...
    Zidane a puppet...lol
    Serrrrahhhhh...lol
    Vaan being a undercover ? main character when it was Basch and Ashe story...

I can be critical of a lot of FFs...
  • ohhhla
    Options

It was annoying, tho.

I hate FFXIII with a passion... The characters were ? and it was a 50 hr corridor... The story was confusing and they keep giving this terrible game sequels no one asked for... 8 was ahead of its time and was doing ? in 99 not a lot of games are doing now as far as ambitions...

I'm sorry, man. I disagree.
  • ocelot
    Options

It was annoying, tho.

I'm sorry, man. I disagree.

*daps*
  • ohhhla
    Options

I understand... Squall punked out when Rinoa went down in the 3rd disc... Zell was comic relief... Selphie was Yukkie... Seifer was great... Quintis was great... Irvine was great... Rinoa was ass... Luguna and friends were GOAT...

Zidane a puppet...lol
    Serrrrahhhhh...lol

Man, that's why I don't like the new age FF.

I like 1-6.
  • ohhhla
    Options
    FF13 is the worst thing ever made by Square.

Sure FF8 was bad but it wasn't boring.

FF13, man it was hard to finish it
  • ocelot
    Options

Zidane a puppet...lol
    Serrrrahhhhh...lol

I like 1-6.

6 is GOAT and was 7 before 7

I finished it...smh

I don't know why but I felt like I had to...
  • ohhhla
    Options

Zidane a puppet...lol
    Serrrrahhhhh...lol

I like 1-6.

6 is GOAT and was 7 before 7

I finished it...smh

I don't know why but I felt like I had to...

I know, right?

I still hate FF7, that's when Square was going down for me.
  • ohhhla
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqdFt49s8KI

I hate this game but this is a cool video for it tho.
  • Wooden Chop Sticks
    Wooden Chop Sticks Members Posts: 59
    Options
    Behind FF7 I think FFX was the best...good storyline..great CGI...regret selling my PS2 now...too bad its not on PSN...FFXIII was horrible...a ? had to force himself to play it..I made it all the way to the last boss and once I figured out you had to beat the game to unlock the full Crystarium I just quit. The storyline and characters were garbage.

FFXIII-2 is ? ...they add a new main character but barely built up a background for the characters in FFXIII and they pretty much make everyone from FFXIII that is in FFXIII-2 irrelevant minus Hope/Sara.