LeBron James Is Underpaid By $10 Million Per Year According To Study

Options
2»

Comments

• rooster_cogburn
    rooster_cogburn Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sooo.....everybody thinks they can make contact 3 outta 10 times? Only the pure greats can do that. Look @ docs, scientists, etc. its not only that they "generate money" its the fact that relative the rest of the pop, they have the talent and skill to do things others cant. Same with olympians.

? Van Gundy. If "effort" was all it took, why arent reg joes playing ball? Takes ? given talent with crazy work ethic.
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know of many Basketball players that have been generating millions if not billions since they were 16 . I don't know many basketball players that increase the value of a franchise without winning chips, got a $90 million dollar shoe before he played 1 pro game. That's not happening for while that's some 1 in a billion type ? he just doesn't generate revenue he generates a ? ton of revenue and not a lot of people are doing that .
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    This notion that pro athletes are overpaid is just dumb. The reason that Lebron, Pujols, etc get paid more than the UPS ? is because they are literally one in a million. Any ? can deliver packages, not every ? can do what these guys can do in their sport...thats why they are paid the way they are. Its no different than ANY other industry or profession.

fixed for ya homie

they get paid like that cause they generate money. not because their one in a million. saying that would be like
    saying lebron is the only ? who can dribble a ball, pujols the only ? who can swing a stick etc.

WTF?? You seriously believe that Lebron isn't one in a million, ? that billion?? You going to sit there and tell me that there are a million ? that can hit the ball the way Pujols does? Or can shoot a -18 at Agusta the way Tiger did??? ? is you Manti??

The fact that they are one in a million is what gives them the ability to generate money. People want to see the extraordinary, they want to see greatness and feats accomplished that they KNOW they could never ever pull off. What you think ? gonna pay thousands of dollars for seats to watch the UPS ? deliver a package? Stop being dense.

doggie you said one in a million. if thats the case he should be in a circus. and at first nobody got paid in the early stages of sports so you are out your league. they generate money ? . hell college generate money too and they aint one in a million but people come to be entertained. hell ? pay money to see the xgames too and nascar and so on and what do they all have in common? entertaiment. hell you might as well say actors are one in a million too. like yo nobody can say muthafucka like sam jackson even though everybody says muthafucka. see what im saying.

Are you slow?? So you are going to sit there and tell me Lebron, Durant, Tiger, Shaun White, Justin Verlander, Ray Lewis, Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretzky, Bo Jackson, arent one in a million?? You don't think A list actors are one in a million?? I'm done with you, this concept is obviously above your education level.
  • rage
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    This notion that pro athletes are overpaid is just dumb. The reason that Lebron, Pujols, etc get paid more than the UPS ? is because they are literally one in a million. Any ? can deliver packages, not every ? can do what these guys can do in their sport...thats why they are paid the way they are. Its no different than ANY other industry or profession.

fixed for ya homie

they get paid like that cause they generate money. not because their one in a million. saying that would be like
    saying lebron is the only ? who can dribble a ball, pujols the only ? who can swing a stick etc.

WTF?? You seriously believe that Lebron isn't one in a million, ? that billion?? You going to sit there and tell me that there are a million ? that can hit the ball the way Pujols does? Or can shoot a -18 at Agusta the way Tiger did??? ? is you Manti??

The fact that they are one in a million is what gives them the ability to generate money. People want to see the extraordinary, they want to see greatness and feats accomplished that they KNOW they could never ever pull off. What you think ? gonna pay thousands of dollars for seats to watch the UPS ? deliver a package? Stop being dense.

I think we all get that.., and if that's the angle you want to take then I'm sure Lebron isn't the only one underpaid, by a large amount.

My problem is singling out Lebron.

Oh I just think they were using him as an example of the disparity between what players make and its correlation to the overall revenue ? .
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options

fixed for ya homie

doggie you said one in a million. if thats the case he should be in a circus. and at first nobody got paid in the early stages of sports so you are out your league. they generate money ? . hell college generate money too and they aint one in a million but people come to be entertained. hell ? pay money to see the xgames too and nascar and so on and what do they all have in common? entertaiment. hell you might as well say actors are one in a million too. like yo nobody can say muthafucka like sam jackson even though everybody says muthafucka. see what im saying.

Are you slow?? So you are going to sit there and tell me Lebron, Durant, Tiger, Shaun White, Justin Verlander, Ray Lewis, Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretzky, Bo Jackson, arent one in a million?? You don't think A list actors are one in a million?? I'm done with you, this concept is obviously above your education level.

All subjective dun. The only think that is fact is they're entertainers and they generate that kind of money. Everything else is here-say.

Your A-list actors aren't my A-list actors. Your idea of a great b-ball player is definitely not my idea of what a great player is.

...? , let's look at rap, since this is a rap site. There's a lot of rappers that are well paid despite being terrible at what they do, yet they get paid X dollars because they generate that kind of money.... and they're far from being one in million... most of these rappers are a dime a dozen.
  • rage
    Options

fixed for ya homie

All subjective dun. The only think that is fact is they're entertainers and they generate that kind of money. Everything else is here-say.

Your A-list actors aren't my A-list actors. Your idea of a great b-ball player is definitely not my idea of what a great player is.

...? , let's look at rap, since this is a rap site. There's a lot of rappers that are well paid despite being terrible at what they do, yet they get paid X dollars because they generate that kind of money.... and they're far from being one in million... most of these rappers are a dime a dozen.

You are also and unsurprisingly completely missing the point. Its not about whose a better actor than ANOTHER actor or whose better the better professional athlete...its the very fact that THEY ARE PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES AND ACTORS. Even the ? player in the NBA is MILES better than the average YMCA/College player, and the YMCA/College player is most assuredly better than someone who doesnt even play the sport. This is what make NBA players, NFL players, NHL players, Hollywood Actors one in a million.

And this is the exact reason we find them entertaining, because we all know that we could never do what they do. That disparity of talent and physical ability is what we find admirable and fascinating.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    them ? still winning man im nowhere near a mill smh i lost
  • proud_babydaddy
    proud_babydaddy Members Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
  • rage
    Options
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder how this would look for the Yankees?

I'm sure A-Rod stole about $23 million of the 30 they coughed up to him last season.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    the white mamba
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everybody knows this. Lebron didn't care, he wanted a ring.
  • IamtheVILLE
    IamtheVILLE Members Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its not above my education level cause nothing ? on you. Mike epps is ? but he genrates money what about kat or kevin? What about nick cannon? He not a list but generate millions so are these cats one in a million?