Highlights from the royal rumble shooting straight panels at RR access event

r.prince18
r.prince18 Members Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭✭

here are some tweet that was sent from the straight shoot panels at wm access

Time for Shooting Straight Panel #1: Montreal Screwjob. Bret/HBK shake hands. Jerry Lawler is sitting between them w Michael Cole hosting

"So Bret, let's open some old wounds here... spoken like a true journalist" - @MichaelCole #win #MTLScrewjobPanel

Bret: Felt like John Cena does today in mid 90s, people feeling sick of him and looking for next "torch bearer" #MTLScrewjobPanel

How their heat began: Bret made a big deal about Shawn posing in Playgirl, Shawn wasn't too happy how far Bret took it.

Would Bret have brought WWE title to WCW? He says lawsuits stemming from Alundra Blayze incident made that not doable. #MTLScrewjobPanel

Moment where "it hit the fan": when first found out about SS97 match - Bret: "I'll be professional w you" Shawn: "I won't be the same w you"

Lawler: "Back then I never used to want to go to production meetings, they were so boring" Cole: "You still don't go"

Shawn on Bret's spit in Vince's eye: "it was a good shot!" Bret: "I was always a good spitter" #MTLScrewjobPanel

Despite being at odds at the time, Bret says he and Shawn were friends once upon a time and truly didn't know at first if he was in on it.

Ever the ribber where no situation is exempt, British Bulldog stole Bret's towel while Bret was showering after the match.

Shawn wanted to tell Undertaker exactly what happened. Taker walked up to him, shook his hand and said "we're cool".

Bret didn't "do the honours" for Shawn because Shawn said he wouldn't put him over. Said if Shawn put him over first, he would have done it.

Bret says @KiddWWE @NatbyNature and @harrysmith are the reason he and HBK buried the hatchet. #MTLScrewjobPanel

Bret: he watched Shawn vs Taker at WM25, was so impressed. It rekindled his love of wrestling. Made him wanna rekindle. #MTLScrewjobPanel

Bret: Wrestling With Shadows doc actually wrapped in Sep 97 but needed an ending. Bret suggested his last WWE match. #MTLScrewjobPanel

Bret: he wanted to take the wire off before closed door meeting with Vince but "Shadows" director told him to keep it on. #MTLScrewjobPanel

Panel is over - if it were up to me, these would be a staple before every WWE Pay Per View event, let alone Fan Axxess.

Arda Ocal (@arda_ocal) is tweeting live from the event, as he did earlier with the "Montreal Screwjob panel. Tweet highlights below:

Michael Cole and Shawn Michaels pulling Shooting Straight Panel double duty. #DXPanel

"A friendly reminder that this is the PG era" - Michael Cole to HBK/HHH. #DXpanel

The "presidential address" promo was in response to an actual letter sent by USA network with those exact demands. #DXPanel

HHH/HBK show "best of Michael Cole being picked on by DX" video. Say in that shower promo Rick Rude actually beat Cole with a shoe. #DXPanel

Origin of DX crotch chop - in Europe, kliq used a generalized term to tell someone off (point to crotch) and morphed from there

HHH said there was an idea after Mr. Perfect left him for WCW for ? Tonk Man to be paired with him. He didnt like that idea. #DXPanel

HHH tried to talk HBK out of attending the WM14 post event press conference but he didn't listen, went on a tirade and quit. #DXPanel

HHH says Xpac wasn't fully signed until day of WM14. He returned next night on RAW. #DXPanel

All of DX (@RealBillyGunn @WWERoadDogg @TheRealXPac) out now. #DXPanel

HHH says XPac complained about the DX Nation parody calling it "stupid" all day, didn't want to be Mark Henry. But loved it after. #DXPanel

Re: DX invades WCW: Vince upset Nitro starts hour earlier, HHH: "I wish we could crash a tank into their show", Vince Russo: "we could!"

HHH says in hindsight during the WCW invasion segment they would have tried to get into the building first. #DXPanel

HHH said it was hard not to laugh during Nation parody. Had no idea Road Dogg would imitate D-Lo as good as he did. #DXPanel

Now showing DX parody. Hilarious line on commentary @JerryLawler: "Mizark, what's that mean?" @JRsBBQ: "You knizow!" #DXPanel

Rest of DX members wanted to keep the group going when HHH decided he wanted to turn heel. #DXPanel

HHH talking Chyna, saying she was just as integral in DX's funny moments- like when she got breast implants and DX made it into a segment.

"She would ? as loud as Billy would. She took so much protein they'd smell as bad too" - Road Dogg on Chyna

Panel loosely poke fun at Chyna/XPac but then XPac puts her over: "there will never be another one like her". #DXPanel

HHH re: Kliq in WWE Hall of Fame - "never say never. Maybe" #DXPanel

HBK says the 4 years away from wrestling (98-02) were the greatest years of his life personally, despite loving the business. #DXPanel

Road Dogg says other than his brothers being in WCW at the time, he couldn't have cared less about WCW. #DXPanel

HHH says @MikeTyson absolutely loved being in DX, loved doing the crotch chop and kept "hugging us all the time". #DXPanel

HHH informs the crowd that Abraham Lincoln was a pro wrestler... But "he was horrible. He would do jobs." #DXPanel

HHH talks about Stephanie - before Vegas wedding angle on RAW, he hasn't said 10 words to her. #DXPanel

Royal Rumble question asked. HHH: "here's your spoiler: @michaelcole is winning it" #DXPanel

"Voodoo Kin Mafia" TNA question was asked. Road Dogg says "Russo was writing and we got paid weekly. Bad time in my life, bro!" #DXPanel

HHH says these panels at Rumble were a beta test and they will likely do them more often. Couldn't be happier to hear that. #DXPanel

Comments

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    SOUND INTERESTING
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Is there video for the whole thing?
  • Dave2one6
    Dave2one6 Members Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i will speak on the dx thing. i liked them. all of them. hbk being dx was before my time because i stopped watching when hogan left for wcw. i wasnt mad, just had alot of ? going on in my life at the time. like high school, military, not having cable for my first 3 years lol.

but i never liked bret hart and hbk solo. and during that time, they was coming up. nwo was hot in wcw and i watched when i had a chance. i never flipped over to raw while channel surfing. i got lucky enough to see alot of wcw ppv's and i liked it. i would see the stone cold posters around and never knew anything about him. i thought he was a goldberg knock off.

but in 98. late. i flipped to raw, and saw the rock and stone cold and dx, and it sucked me back in.

chyna was a big part of dx. as well as xpac. he was my fav. it was dissapointed when she wasnt part of the reunion. but i cannot lie, those playboy pics were hot!