If Lebron is such a "great team player" and Kobe is such a "selfish ball hog" explain....

P swayze166
P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
how Kobe (in 17 years) averages only 1.4 less ast for his career than Lebron.....(as well as less kobe has less turnovers avg a game).....and kobe has 2 seasons under 27 minutes a game, while lebron has played 39 40 + minutes a season since he came in....and by the way Lebron has handled the ball, and point guard duties almost the majority of every game and team he has played in and for, while kobe played majority of his career in a system that pretty much substantially deflates any assists for a player. example-

ron harper avg 5 asts or more every year until he played in chicago (in triangle) where he avg 2 to 3 ast a game minus 1 year he got 5

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/harpero01.html

derek fisher avg 3 ast a game for his career, avg over 4 twice when he played out of triangle on warriors
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/f/fishede01.html

gary payton (hall of famer not sum ? ass pg) avg 7 asts a game for career only 5 in triangle (playing with kobe and shaq I might add)

bj armstong avg 1 ast more the year he played in golden state out of triangle.

this adds to the how kobe was never given the green light to just score, he was also hindered in his playmaking opportunities as well.

so in this thread all you dummies who throw around useless bias stats I prove to you how you can use statistics to tell the truth and at the same time Numbers lie......Lebron is magic johnson like aka the most sharing of all players, but the typically regarded "biggest ball hog of all time" kobe bryant averages less than 1.5 ast less than him and played majority of career in a system that hinders playmaking opportunities.....

....funny how the ESPN love fest for Lebron and he's "a new magic johnson" type brainwashes the non basketball knowing people.

#etherous

kobe_shh180ez.jpg?w=600[IMG][/img]

Comments

• peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • P swayze166
    ^typical non knowing basketball ? ....when have I defended anyone? truth is truth....but u a kobe hate stan, so u catch feelings constantly
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    inferiority complex
    n.
    A persistent sense of inadequacy or a tendency to self-diminishment, sometimes resulting in excessive aggressiveness through overcompensation.
  • P swayze166
    the non knowing basketball ? realllll

Kobe-Shh.jpg[IMG][/img]
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the age of 27

Kobe had 3148 assists
    Lebron had 4751 assists

In his LIFE Kobe has never avg MORE than 6.0 assists a game
    In his LIFE Bron has never avg LESS than 5.9 assists a game (in his rookie year)

• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    come on dog u cant be this biased and stannish.... When has kobe eva averaged 7 assist in a season? Kobe leads the league by far in shot attempts....
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    you are an idiot.
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess simply put, James is one of those special players that could be put on ANY team and make them better. He can just fit in.

I think him being that over sized Magic helps him. His team didn't help him out in that regard last year with all the open shots they missed either.

He can play all positions. The majority of these centers are bums so he can play there at times too.

Throw out stats and rings and just use the eye test. It looks to me that Bryant wants players to fit in around him while James is willing to mold himself into what the team needs.

You could even say Wade would be the Kobe of the Heat. That's probably the best comparison.

• P swayze166
    edited January 2013
    so explain how the proclaimed "great team player" and the so called "greatest ball hog selfish player ever" are only 1 ast different in career averages and the "selfish ball hog" played 2 seasons under 26 min a game and in a system that has completely shown with STATS that it takes away your playmaking and assist opportunities....

anddddddddd silence from the weirdo kobe hate stans.

and this aint even about kobe its about lebron u fetish ass ? ...kobe just the example used against because he is called the "most selfish player ever" by you non knowing basketball ass ? and lebron always getting jocked for being the great team player.
  • aneed123
    it dont matter until I see Lebron drive baseline and shoot over the backboard instead of passing to the wide open teammate (Fisher) in the corner like I seen Kobe do there is not argument.... u know damn well Bron passes and looks for teammates more than Kobe yet u make a thread like this. come on dog
  • P swayze166
    aneed123 wrote: »
    it dont matter until I see Lebron drive baseline and shoot over the backboard instead of passing to the wide open teammate (Fisher) in the corner like I seen Kobe do there is not argument.... u know damn well Bron passes and looks for teammates more than Kobe yet u make a thread like this. come on dog

or lebron losses count less games because he is scared to take a shot and hopes his teammates will save him...doesnt mean he a "team player" means he is a ? .
  • aneed123

or lebron losses count less games because he is scared to take a shot and hopes his teammates will save him...doesnt mean he a "team player" means he is a ? .

if thats how u wanna describe passing to wide open guys and getting role players easy shots vs jacking the ball up 32 times in a game when u have talent on ur team....
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I been saying this for years. They not gon hear you though. That hate is a disease.
  • P swayze166
    edited January 2013

if thats how u wanna describe passing to wide open guys and getting role players easy shots vs jacking the ball up 32 times in a game when u have talent on ur team....

talent? lol....brian cook....smush....mihm....old glen rice.....32% fisher.....cmon now, u ignoring stats based on a play u saw once where u know like I do if it went in you'd be like ..."about right, thats kobe"

lebron did it your way to the tune of 1 ship and multiple playoff failures.....kobe did it his way in tune to only1.4 ast less a game, 5 rings 7 finals appearances and multiple game winners.....ask steve blake if kobe gives it up to his teammates...that ? had like 4 game winning tying or big shots in like 1 series alone last year LOL

.....and like 1 went in.
  • Undergroundraplegend
    Undergroundraplegend Members Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^I wonda when KD and rose(thats if he doesnt get injured that much.) are gonna get there
  • aneed123

talent? lol....brian cook....smush....mihm....old glen rice.....32% fisher.....cmon now, u ignoring stats based on a play u saw once where u know like I do if it went in you'd be like ..."about right, thats kobe"

lebron did it your way to the tune of 1 ship and multiple playoff failures.....kobe did it his way in tune to only1.4 ast less a game, 5 rings 7 finals appearances and multiple game winners.....ask steve blake if kobe gives it up to his teammates...that ? had like 4 game winning tying or big shots in like 1 series alone last year LOL

.....and like 1 went in.

i was talking about this year with the 32 shots comment he did that last week with Gasol/Howard/Artest/Nash all on his team.... the talent Kobe had in his first 2 post shaq years was better than that ? Bron had in Cleveland word to Ira Newble
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    if healthy, KD will smash all those Youngest scoring records
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    how Kobe (in 17 years) averages only 1.4 less ast for his career than Lebron...
    so explain how the proclaimed "great team player" and the so called "greatest ball hog selfish player ever" are only 1 ast different in career averages

According to basketball-reference.com, the site YOU originally quoted...

Lebron averages 6.9 assists a game. Kobe averages 4.7

Thats a difference of 2.2. Get your facts straight.
  • rage
    edited January 2013
    rage wrote: »
    By the age of 27

Kobe had 3148 assists
    Lebron had 4751 assists

In his LIFE Kobe has never avg MORE than 6.0 assists a game
    In his LIFE Bron has never avg LESS than 5.9 assists a game (in his rookie year)

I see the point you are making but the "by the age of x" is kinda weak in the Kobe/Jordan vs. Bron comparisons since Bron had a ? ton more games/opportunity than both by the age of x

Wrong...

Again Bron has never in his entire career avg less assists than Kobe.....IN HIS ENTIRE CAREER.
  • rage
    It's like this with the age thing

untitled-1-516.jpg

You see how much of a gap there was between Bron Kobe and Jordan when it comes to the age they reached 5000? Bron did it at a far younger age...then 10000 there's still a noticeable gap with Lebron reaching the mark at the youngest age....15000 another noticeable gap between Lebron and Kobe/Jordan (who pretty much are the same at this point) but then look at the 20000 mark...Lebron is the youngest but look how small the gap is at this point...so what does that mean? Lebron is slowing down at a quicker pace than both Kobe/Jordan did? Or we going with the "Lebron doesn't have to score" reasoning?

So you taking the fact that Bron has slowed down in scoring during a YEAR THAT HASNT FINISHED YET?? Are you ? serious?? Did you seriously include a year thats not even have way over as reason to say Lebron is slowing down?? Do you also not see that exact same dip the year Michael sat out?? Are you guys intentionally being dense when you throw on the cape for Kobe??
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    being a great team player is more than assists its how you pass how many different positions you can play and how you utilize your teammates/help them. Lebron is a better passer than kobe by miles. Furthermore his versatility can help his teammates out allot. For example the way lebron shut down D rose 2 years ago in the playoffs was a tribute to his versatility. Also a team player respects and tries to bring together teams. Kobe just yells a ? and ? but cant even keep his own ? vanessa under control.

Kobe wans't a team player off the court either. His parents called a 30 sec timeout and told him to get a prenup before he gets married. Kobe selfishly refused that cause he was in love. When he got married to his wife he outchea ? broad after broad which isn't being a team player either.

Look Kobe clearly has a better resume than Lebron but when it comes to being a team player though lebron has a better track record.
  • P swayze166
    coop9889 wrote: »
    so explain how the proclaimed "great team player" and the so called "greatest ball hog selfish player ever" are only 1 ast different in career averages

learn to read ? ....you quoting THIS SEASON ? ...not career......now go edit ya comment to hide ya stupidity
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    coop9889 wrote: »

learn to read ? ....you quoting THIS SEASON ? ...not career......now go edit ya comment to hide ya stupidity

Those are career averages. When caping goes horribly wrong
This discussion has been closed.