Car audio question

Options
qtipp73
qtipp73 Members Posts: 915 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have a ten speaker system in my lincoln. if I were to get a touch screen aftermarket deck would I lose any functionality in any of the speakers? I know most decks are only set to hook up four speakers. My system has two tweeters in the front also.

Comments

• MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You shouldn't, the aftermarket wire harness should deal with that..
  • Cinco
    Cinco Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You won't even use the channel outputs of the new deck. Only the pre-amp, RCA plugs which will send signal to your current aplifiers.
    Since your car has like 10- speakers I'm sure it has an amp prob behind the seat. So the new deck will JUST send it signal for it to keep doing what it's been doing.

You'll need a harness ($15) and likely a module to interface w the current amp (~$60-75)
  • qtipp73
    Options
    word. thanks for the info
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • rooster_cogburn
    rooster_cogburn Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dont expect that ? to sound as good as the stock head unit too... gon take some work to get it back...

Iono bruh...everytime I installed an aftermarket, the built in amp always made the speakers sound better.

I just put a pioneer avh2400 in my 04 gp gtp. I got 8 speakers w/ 2 tweeters and they sound WAAAAYYY better than they ever could with the factory deck. Best deck ive ever bought.

I lost all chimes and the date on my driver info center cause I.chose the cheap $30 harness instead of the $80 gm module that would have kept them. ? gm...them ? want every$$.
  • tha bause
    tha bause Members Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo just go to crutchfield.com and all your answers are there. Type in the make, model and trim of your car and they'll show you parts that only work for your car. And if you still have questions, the customer service is the best I ever dealt with
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dont expect that ? to sound as good as the stock head unit too... gon take some work to get it back...

Iono bruh...everytime I installed an aftermarket, the built in amp always made the speakers sound better.

I just put a pioneer avh2400 in my 04 gp gtp. I got 8 speakers w/ 2 tweeters and they sound WAAAAYYY better than they ever could with the factory deck. Best deck ive ever bought.

I lost all chimes and the date on my driver info center cause I.chose the cheap $30 harness instead of the $80 gm module that would have kept them. ? gm...them ? want every$$.

Car manufacturers have been trying to lock out aftermarket stereos since the late 90's. Ford made the first serious push in the Taurus, everyone else has followed suit.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • qtipp73
    Options
    thanks for the info. im hoping i wouldnt lose any sound wuality since they arent bose level speakers. its an upgraded system but not the top level thx system lincoln uses. its an 180 watt audiophile unit with 6 disc changer in it. I want to get a touch screen system but only if i can keep all the other chimes and ? too.
  • tha bause
    Options
    qtipp73 wrote: »
    thanks for the info. im hoping i wouldnt lose any sound wuality since they arent bose level speakers. its an upgraded system but not the top level thx system lincoln uses. its an 180 watt audiophile unit with 6 disc changer in it. I want to get a touch screen system but only if i can keep all the other chimes and ? too.

I have the audiophile system in my 06 ford. You need to make you buy a replacement interface so you keep the amps power with your new radio. If not then you'll just have stock power
  • rooster_cogburn
    rooster_cogburn Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea...if u tryin to keep that amp, u gon need a gm approved module. Me....? Ion give a ? bout them door sounds...they were actually ? me off. Sounds harder than it is...u just need patience.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    99% of factory systems sounds like ass. Not caring if you got the lil "high end" ? the manufacturer offers, it still sounds like ass.

Especially Bose.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I disagree. In my old altima it came with the bose system and 6 cd changer. I replaced all the components and amped them up with jbls. I put 2 jbl 12s in too. ? sounded glorious lol. Bose is overrated and overpriced
  • mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone who speaks negatively on Bose automatically gets a co-sign from me.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bose is overrated. Jbl harmon polk and most after market brands are better u just paying 10 times for the name. I built my surround sound home theatre piece by piece with yamaha and polk saved a g and its sounds way better bose is like the iPhone lol
  • tha bause
    Options
    Bose is the apple of car and home audio
  • tha bause
    Options
    Excuse my redundant posting
  • N YO HOOD
    N YO HOOD Members Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    buy a amp and replace the speakers then add a sub after you will be way more happy
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just got my touchscreen stereo installed friday now I just gotta get my two 12's and amp intstalled then I'm good
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just installed my 3 12s and my amp yesterday, time to bring the sounds out for the summer
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got mines installed and I got the block hot son
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i heard 2 10'? harder than 2 12's, is there any truth to that??
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    armagod wrote: »

depends on brand, placement in the car, and your overall setup

I've seen a cat fill his trunk with 2 6x9s and 6 8" sub woofers inside of a custom box

ran an ol school alpine head unit and amp.......10 gauge speaker wire, the whole deal

and he did it the hard way before Crutchfield starting making wiring harnesses more available online

sound was amazing

silly ? only ran one battery tho...........so his lights were dimming when he cranked his music up haha
  • Cinco
    Cinco Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    armagod wrote: »
    it could happen, but physically speaking the same setups, type of boxes, and recommended power for each speaker, the 12's will output more sound.
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just found out my car has built in jacks for subs and amps once I decide to get them. If any of you ? got the beats audio system in your car the speaker case in the back has that ? all ready to go without tapping into the radio. All I need is the lock pick so I can have video in motion.