So Farrakhan has Totally Lost it...

Options
13»

Comments

• Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://defendguns.com/featured/u-s-high-in-gun-ownership-low-in-homicides/12

Washington DC - -(Ammoland.com)- Since 1998, John Lott’s seminal work More Guns, Less Crime has been used to show that areas with the highest gun ownership in America experience the least crime on a per capita basis.

It now appears that what Lott discovered as true for the U.S.A. is true for the world as well.

Maps made by the U.N. office on Drugs and Crime (circa 2007) clearly show that where gun ownership is highest in the world, crime is lowest on a per capita basis.

For example, here is the map for gun ownership: (Above)

Notice the high levels of private gun ownership per 100 people in the United States versus the rest of the world.

Now, here is the map for homicides:

Notice the correlation between high gun ownership and lower homicide rates.

This fact will be extremely important to keep in mind in March when the U.N. revisits the Arms Trade Treaty, which the Obama administration and other 2nd Amendment opponents will want us to embrace as a solution to the supposed heightened violence in America versus other countries.

As these maps show, “more guns, less crime“ is true internationally as well as domestically.

Disprove this data???
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ defendguns.com... not bias there then... im sure if i go to antiguns.com or whatever the site may be there would be contray reports... or if i could be fckd to type in something like 'america gun problem facts' there would be something...

anyways, it doesnt show illegal gun ownership, which will more than likely be where the problems are... not some country hillbillies that use them for hunting in the middle of no where...

america has gun problem, theres no disputing it... i could give a schitt now, im done with this thread...
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    before i continue, i guess i should point out once again that the poster who fussed about not arguing facts continues to be dodge factual arguments as necessary. that said:
    and i never said otherwise about syria, this was about why the police in northern ireland carry guns, because they have to... its nothing like the old days, but theres still violence to the point the police have to carry guns...
    which is exactly the point that you are ignoring: in a nation with incredibly strict gun laws, where a wide variety of guns are outright banned, police HAVE TO CARRY GUNS because the gun ban in effect does not stop violence and/or the illegal possession of guns. you're sitting here arguing that a gun ban in the United States will lead to police not having to carry guns, so i'd think you'd realize based on the nation you're supposedly familiar with that it doesn't work that way.
    anyways this is repetitive, i cant be fckd with it-
    says the guy who keeps posting.
    -hope some ? doesnt shoot up your shopping mall while your in there...
    hoping that i get shot at a mall because i disagree with you on the internet? well, that's very mature of you!
    lol @ defendguns.com... not bias there then... im sure if i go to antiguns.com or whatever the site may be there would be contray reports... or if i could be fckd to type in something like 'america gun problem facts' there would be something...
    then feel free to do as he asks and refute the data!
    anyways, it doesnt show illegal gun ownership, which will more than likely be where the problems are... not some country hillbillies that use them for hunting in the middle of no where...
    then it's a good thing you're promoting gun bans that will affect law-abiding citizens and not do much to stop criminals from getting guns.
    i could give a schitt now, im done with this thread...
    ...says the guy who keeps posting.
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    edited February 2013
    Options

america has gun problem, theres no disputing it... i could give a schitt now, im done with this thread...
    It is actually easily disputed and I do not doubt there is a bias on the defend guns website but Bias does not negate facts. If they are wrong in the facts they have given then you should easily be able to refute them if not then maybe you should reconsider your position.

I have heard a lot of rhetoric from you but very few indisputable facts. Simple facts like What countries have the strictest gun laws and what countries have the most gun related violence should be a corner stone argument for you. It feels like as more facts go against you you resort to more feelings and avoidance of rebuttle.

You keep spewing these America this America that but you do not show in contrast to other nations and you do not live in America so all you know is what you are told. Make your argument less off of your obviously mainstream media trained sidetrack techniques and come with more then emotionally charged propaganda before the next post or you are truly just wating your time...

If not for the gun ownership we have here granted by the 2nd amendment we would still be a british colony...
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It is actually easily disputed and I do not doubt there is a bias on the defend guns website but Bias does not negate facts. If they are wrong in the facts they have given then you should easily be able to refute them if not then maybe you should reconsider your position.

I have heard a lot of rhetoric from you but very few indisputable facts. Simple facts like What countries have the strictest gun laws and what countries have the most gun related violence should be a corner stone argument for you. It feels like as more facts go against you you resort to more feelings and avoidance of rebuttle.

You keep spewing these America this America that but you do not show in contrast to other nations and you do not live in America so all you know is what you are told. Make your argument less off of your obviously mainstream media trained sidetrack techniques and come with more then emotionally charged propaganda before the next post or you are truly just wating your time...

If not for the gun ownership we have here granted by the 2nd amendment we would still be a british colony...

i have stated facts, the facts on the shootings, and the fact that 'The rate of people killed by guns in the US is 19.5 times higher than similar high-income countries in the world.'

and i dont doubt that back in 1770??? it was lucky you could use guns to the fight english, but that was back in 1700's, laws need to change with times...
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    i have stated facts, the facts on the shootings-
    nah, at this point you're just lying about that. i asked you to clarify factual statements multiple times, and you have refused.

it's also telling that you IMMEDIATELY declare his source to be horribly biased while at no time considering any/all of your sources could suffer from the same thing.
    -and the fact that 'The rate of people killed by guns in the US is 19.5 times higher than similar high-income countries in the world.'
    and i wonder how much of that is suicides?
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Options

i have stated facts, the facts on the shootings, and the fact that 'The rate of people killed by guns in the US is 19.5 times higher than similar high-income countries in the world.'

and i dont doubt that back in 1770??? it was lucky you could use guns to the fight english, but that was back in 1700's, laws need to change with times...

SO basically you are saying you cannot disprove it so you wont respond to it I gotcha carry on...
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most likley when Farrakhan is gone, people will wish he was here.
  • Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People should be able to purchase weapons if they have no criminal history or history mental health problems,man..wtf this is america.
  • Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can theortically flip out and start running people over with your car,should we ban cars too?knives?Certain types of weapons should be banned cool..but people have the right to bear arms.
  • trapmuzikbruh
    trapmuzikbruh Members Posts: 23 ✭✭
    Options
    LMAO wtf i dont see how a person could FULLY trust Our Gov... they stole alotta ?