Comments

• TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    CoolJoe wrote: »
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    And do folks realize that Moss did got drafted by a good team that was in the playoffs the previous year. Brad Johnson was lightning ? up. folks talking Culpepper and Cunningham need to look up Johnsons' numbers over that time. He was even lighting ? up with the Skins for a year or 2. Jake Reed and Cris Carter was at least top 3 the best wr duo in the league. They were the 1st duo in NFL history to both have back to back 1,000 yard seasons. Not to mention Robert Smith was a good back coming off a 1,200+ yard season. It's not like the Vikings were garbage they just choked in big games.

Ok and

Most touchdown receptions by a rookie in a season – 17
    Youngest player in NFL history to record 100 receiving touchdowns – (29)
    Youngest player in NFL history to record 120 receiving touchdowns - (30)

Rice had Joe Montana and Steve Young as QBs right up until he was 30 but still didnt reach 120 TDs.

Moss drops off because of his years in that hell hole of a Raiders team. A Raiders team that had Kerry Collins, Aaron Brooks, and some ? named Andrew Walter throwing to him. In 07 he has Brady throwing to him and he has the best season a WR has ever had. To say that QBs have no impact on a receiver's numbers is a ridiculous statement.

Lmfao, what?
    Because he had the most touchdowns in a season, that means he had the best season ever?
    Rice's 22TD in a strike shortened 12 game season is much more impressive than Moss's 23 TD in 16.
    And I'd take Rice's 1995 season over any season, 122 Rec 1848 Yards 15TDs, not to mention Steve Young missed 5 games that season.

Oh I see so because you say that 15TD and 122 rec and 1848 yards its better than 23 TDs 98 Rec and 1453 yards?? By what barometer? Like how you completely side stepped the other stuff though.

all that says is rice caught more 10 yards passes (like wes welker) than the deep bomb passes moss got for tds.
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    1.Rice

2.T.O
    3.Moss
    4.Carter
    5.Irvin

IMO

Respect your opinion but I don't think anyone but Rice can be over Irvin.
    Definitely not Carter. sounds like Pete Rock. LOL
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    Anybody that thinks this is even arguable don't know ? about football.

Might as well say A.I. is the best shooting guard of all time.

Moss was/is one dimensional, never played with passion, and took plays off (admittedly).

He would barely ? my top 15.

Your an idiot....

Most touchdown receptions in a season – 23 (2007)
    Most touchdown receptions by a rookie in a season – 17 (1998)
    Most seasons with 17 or more touchdown receptions – 3 (1998, 2003, 2007)
    Most games in a season with at least 2 touchdown receptions – 8 (2007)
    Most yards receiving in a Pro Bowl game – 212 (2000)
    Most 1,200+ yard receiving seasons to start a career – 6 (1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003)
    Fastest player to reach 5,000 career receiving yards – 59 games
    Youngest player in NFL history to record 100 receiving touchdowns – (29 years and 235 days)
    Youngest player in NFL history to record 120 receiving touchdowns – (30 years, 313 days)

Moss may not be THE GOAT...but he's the closest one to it.

damn all that? yet he still doesnt have 1k receptions

Dude never had a 1k season? Not even with the Pats?

The fact he doesn't have 1k rec just makes all of his accomplishments that more amazing IMO.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not reading all this, but somebody said there are 15 better wideouts all time than Moss?
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    just wondering where does reggie wayne fit in on your lists? Harrison got the stats but I always felt that wayne was the better player, especially in the bigger games.IMO
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    just wondering where does reggie wayne fit in on your lists? Harrison got the stats but I always felt that wayne was the better player, especially in the bigger games.IMO

Harrison is one of the most underrated receivers in the last 20 years.

He's in that underrated class with Sterling Sharpe, Isaac Bruce, etc.

I used to hate how Torry Holt was gettin' all the pub and hype during the Rams "GSOT" run. Bruce was that dude.

Word to Flipper Anderson. lol
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »
    And do folks realize that Moss did got drafted by a good team that was in the playoffs the previous year. Brad Johnson was lightning ? up. folks talking Culpepper and Cunningham need to look up Johnsons' numbers over that time. He was even lighting ? up with the Skins for a year or 2. Jake Reed and Cris Carter was at least top 3 the best wr duo in the league. They were the 1st duo in NFL history to both have back to back 1,000 yard seasons. Not to mention Robert Smith was a good back coming off a 1,200+ yard season. It's not like the Vikings were garbage they just choked in big games.

Ok and

Rice had Joe Montana and Steve Young as QBs right up until he was 30 but still didnt reach 120 TDs.

Moss drops off because of his years in that hell hole of a Raiders team. A Raiders team that had Kerry Collins, Aaron Brooks, and some ? named Andrew Walter throwing to him. In 07 he has Brady throwing to him and he has the best season a WR has ever had. To say that QBs have no impact on a receiver's numbers is a ridiculous statement.

Lmfao, what?
    Because he had the most touchdowns in a season, that means he had the best season ever?
    Rice's 22TD in a strike shortened 12 game season is much more impressive than Moss's 23 TD in 16.
    And I'd take Rice's 1995 season over any season, 122 Rec 1848 Yards 15TDs, not to mention Steve Young missed 5 games that season.

Oh I see so because you say that 15TD and 122 rec and 1848 yards its better than 23 TDs 98 Rec and 1453 yards?? By what barometer? Like how you completely side stepped the other stuff though.

all that says is rice caught more 10 yards passes (like wes welker) than the deep bomb passes moss got for tds.

He had 24 more receptions and 395 more yards, that averages out to about 16.5 a reception.
    Where you get this ? 10 yard ? from?
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    (ob)Scene wrote: »
    ricemoss.png

So Rice is way better the moss right???

Edit: I think randy is better then jerry but he isn't greater

again......

WHAT?

HUH?

THE ? YOU TALKING ABOUT?

Greatness and being better that someone is two different thing IMO.

Example alot people would say bo jackson is better then emmit smith But Emmith smith is a great player and is in the HOF

Being better then some IMO is base on skills, Talent, and doesn't have anything to do with how long you played (i.e Bo Jackson)

But greatness is define by the length of time a productive level of your career.

So When I say I think Moss is better than rice but not greater this is pretty much what I mean..

Anyway people have this little bias when it come to rice because of his stats but when you hear who the greatest RB you don't hear Emmit name even thought he's pretty much is the Jerry rice of the running back position

• spit_fiya
    spit_fiya Members Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I gotta agree wit Mawse
  • CoolJoe
    Options
    (ob)Scene wrote: »
    ricemoss.png

So Rice is way better the moss right???

Edit: I think randy is better then jerry but he isn't greater

again......

WHAT?

HUH?

THE ? YOU TALKING ABOUT?

Greatness and being better that someone is two different thing IMO.

Example alot people would say bo jackson is better then emmit smith But Emmith smith is a great player and is in the HOF

Being better then some IMO is base on skills, Talent, and doesn't have anything to do with how long you played (i.e Bo Jackson)

But greatness is define by the length of time a productive level of your career.

So When I say I think Moss is better than rice but not greater this is pretty much what I mean..

Anyway people have this little bias when it come to rice because of his stats but when you hear who the greatest RB you don't hear Emmit name even thought he's pretty much is the Jerry rice of the running back position

Difference is, Rice blows every WR away based on his numbers and accolades, (13 Pro Bowls, 4 more than the next closest, 10 All Pro Selections).
    Emmitt Smith has 2 less pro bowls and 2 less All Pro Seasons than Barry Sanders, even though he played much longer than him.
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ok and

Lmfao, what?

He had 24 more receptions and 395 more yards, that averages out to about 16.5 a reception.

it was a quick estimate, calm down.
  • CoolJoe
    Options

Ok and

Lmfao, what?

it was a quick estimate, calm down.

It was an incredibly bad estimate.
  • newOldSchool
    newOldSchool Members Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Moss done lost his damn mind. You can argue a lot of things but who the greatest receiver is should not be one of them.
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And ain't this the same nikka that said Manning "wasn't clutch" because he threw a INT in the first 5 minutes of the game.?

smh.

Now he writing titangraphs of feels to save face.

Stop breathing, bruh.

Never bought the peyton manning clutchness hype myself.. just saying
  • Cymicaldane
    Cymicaldane Members Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A good deep threat to have on the field. But best WR?
    [img]http://www.sohh.com/kanye-? -please-2011-12-5-300x300.jpg[/img]

Rices first ten years in the NFL eclipses Moss career for real
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Moss was/is one dimensional, never played with passion, and took plays off (admittedly).

greenwoods top 15..

1. julio jones
    2. roddy white
    3. andre rison
    4. terance mathis
    5. michael haynes
    6. alfred jenkins
    7. tony gonzalez (why? cause ? logic thats why!)
    .......? it its too hard to finish

^^^^ Says the guy that thinks Dez Bryant and Tony Romo are elite.

Cool story.

dez>>>>>julio & roddy
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

greenwoods top 15..

1. julio jones
    2. roddy white
    3. andre rison
    4. terance mathis
    5. michael haynes
    6. alfred jenkins
    7. tony gonzalez (why? cause ? logic thats why!)
    .......? it its too hard to finish

^^^^ Says the guy that thinks Dez Bryant and Tony Romo are elite.

Cool story.

dez>>>>>julio & roddy

Well damn. Falcons secondary must be elite then.

Shut'em down. 1 catch. 15 yards.

Then the skins put'em in a Rozay Wheelchair.

Thanx.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I knew there was a reason I didn't come in this thread lmao.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'ma wrap this one up:

Mawse is a boss, no doubt, but better than Rice?

Naw, son. ? all the way outta here.
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    With the QB's Randy Moss had made look good its arguable but I think Top 3 wont even disrespect Rice by saying Moss career was better
  • gem$tone
    gem$tone Members Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some funny ? posted in here.

But everyone know who the GOAT is.

Any disagreements are muhfukaz just wanting to play devil's advocate and go against the grain.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

top 10
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

top 10

of what ?