The So Called ? of the United States of America only been truly free for only 44 YEARS

Options
waterproof
waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2013 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Yeah that's right ? 's of the Untied States, yall ? only be free for 44 years as a Race of people...you been lied to, led astray, hoodwinked and taught in school that you and your people was free in 1865, we was free from ? but that was it. AINT THAT A ? !!!!!

SLAVERY IN THE UNITED STATES 1619-1865 = 246 YEARS OF ?

then after slavery we was held down even more and did not have rights of FREE MAN and Citizens of the United States

1865-1877 - Blacks still didnt have full rights of a citzen

JIM CROW LAWS - 1877-1968 = JIM CROW LAWS

1968 was the last law of Jim Crow that was put down and the so-called ? of the united states have the full rights of a citizen of the united states and was Free.

Now sit back and think about that ?

Comments

• indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LMAO. We still ain't free homie.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That is scary and this nation prides itself as the land of the free. ? , I tell foreigners something else.
  • waterproof
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    That is scary and this nation prides itself as the land of the free. ? , I tell foreigners something else.

it is scary 44 years aint ? we just got the voting acts, housing rights acts ect.....that was not long ago we just barely missed that ? ...... and look how we act, and the ? we still go through... and still face discrimination on loans and employment, college, housing ect....
  • waterproof
    Options
    Social Lounger posters and most important brothers and sisters how do you feel about this and how does it make you feel.........

• waterproof
    Options
    It took the black man and woman 349 years to have full rights and to be free (wink wink) in the UNITED STATES
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's a mess that is going on, we play more than enough team sports so our mind should be as a whole a team. We all have different talents and should use them to the best of our abilities and help create something for ourselves. If the world is going in the technological route than thats where our hearts need to be at.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well...I don't think too many people believed Emancipation ended all of Black people's problems. Even today we are considered second class citizens in some respects, so the free for 44 years thing isn't wholly true. We have a measure of fairness today, but little equality. Looking at it from that perspective, we still have a lot to do. Progress is indeed a slow process.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »
    i think this means the thread title should be "the so-called ? of the states under Jim Crow laws..."

• Kushington
    Kushington Members Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We have more resources at our disposal than ever before in American history.
    The youth needs to be exposed to fields such as science, math, and technology at an early age to ensure productivity when theyre older.
    Plan for the future, prepare for the present, and dont dwell the past. People like MLK and many others gave their lives for the opportunities that are now available.
    The history of Blacks in America is a quintessential American story of overcoming hardships and difficult circumstances. The second term President is Black, the First Lady is Black...you say Blacks have only been free for 44 years, but I say we've made amazing strides in the past 44 years. Holding grudges or racial biases over a time in history is negative and unproductive, you cant change the past.
  • perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Kushington wrote: »
    The youth needs to be exposed to fields such as science, math, and technology at an early age to ensure productivity when theyre older.
    Plan for the future, prepare for the present, and dont dwell the past. People like MLK and many others gave their lives for the opportunities that are now available.
    The history of Blacks in America is a quintessential American story of overcoming hardships and difficult circumstances. The second term President is Black, the First Lady is Black...you say Blacks have only been free for 44 years, but I say we've made amazing strides in the past 44 years. Holding grudges or racial biases over a time in history is negative and unproductive, you cant change the past.

History is important. Its important so we can learn from the mistakes that have been made. Its Important so we know the foundation of what has formed the present. Saying things like dwelling on the past gives the impression that certain selected points in history are unimporatant or irrelevant. All history is important regardless of personal feelings on any given subject. How can you say "dont dwell on the past" and then bring MLK up not even a sentence apart. MLK Dedicated his life to being positive and uniting and uplifting African Americans as well as appealing to other races to be non-violent and non-discriminatory . He did not give his life, it was taken.

I agree with the resources that we have our youth should take full advantage of the vast opportunities, but unfortunately due to practices that still inhibit minorities to basic education and technology African Americans are still not on an even playing field with whites in modern society. To understand why we must look to history and evaluate the historical treatment of African Americans in the United States.

The second term President is indeed black, but please do not confuse his heritage with that of the typical African American. Most African Americans are offspring of former slaves here in the States. Most African Amercans are not raised by white parents. Most African Americans will not have the opportunities that befell upon our current President.

Turning a blind eye to what has happened and what is currently happening is not only irresponsible it is dangerous. Saying someone is holding a grudge because they choose to recount actual events and compare them to current events is proposterous and absurd. Productivity comes from moving forward after your mistakes have been acknowledged and corrected. Ignoring the mistakes only hinders progress for everyone for the past will never be forgotten.

Racial bias is not an easy subject to simply deisregard. The severity of what has happened not only in this nation but globally has resulted in catostrophic ways of thinking. We have on a global scale a standard of beauty that sets dark colored people at the bottom. On numerous occasions dark colored people are portrayed as inferior to their lighter counter-parts. To simply think that ignoring these nuances and acting as if they dont exist only perpetuates the divisive nature of the propaganda.

Its lazy thinking that says the problem will clear itself up.
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the USA started in 1776. just sayin
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Negoes in America STILL ain't free. the OP is in a state of delusion of inclusion. We all still just plantation slaves until we all decide to seek the Most High and either leave this ? of totally take it over in terms of status, respect and leadership.
  • Krazy Kicks
    Krazy Kicks Members Posts: 15
    edited January 2013
    Options
    the USA started in 1776. just sayin

slaves were brought to jamestown, the first permenant english settlement in the americas in 1619.(this is what op is reffering to) they were first introduced in the colony as indentured servants who after 7 years of work for a colonist who funded their trip from africa they would be free citizens. but the costs became too high, and in 1619 the first slaves were brought to jamestown.
    however, slaves were first brought to the americas in 1526 as part of the san miguel de gualdape colony in present day south carolina. but when the colonies founder died their was a fight for leadership, the slaves revolted and fled.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm only 32, so I been free all my life. What's your point?
  • waterproof
    Options

that's nice to know, thank's for sharing
  • waterproof
    edited January 2013
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    i think this means the thread title should be "the so-called ? of the states under Jim Crow laws..."

I see where you coming from.... but we still haven't been free, (including ? ) and having full rights until 1968
  • waterproof
    edited January 2013
    Options
    twatgetta wrote: »
    Negoes in America STILL ain't free. the OP is in a state of delusion of inclusion. We all still just plantation slaves until we all decide to seek the Most High and either leave this ? of totally take it over in terms of status, respect and leadership.

shut up you still hurt from me putting your ass in place for jumping the gun, your ass dont know ? about scripture the most high is going to led us out of here when the whole 12 tribes return AS ONE NATION,,,,,, now you can leave on your own but where ever you go the curse will still be on your head

GET YO ASS IN THE BOOKS
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    indyman87 wrote: »
    LMAO. We still ain't free homie.

never brought into this rhetoric,

specially with my passport having about 5-7 different country stamps

and I FREELY chose to return each and every time to the US.

So we free, we just broke (financially and mentally)
  • waterproof
    Options
    Kushington wrote: »

History is important. Its important so we can learn from the mistakes that have been made. Its Important so we know the foundation of what has formed the present. Saying things like dwelling on the past gives the impression that certain selected points in history are unimporatant or irrelevant. All history is important regardless of personal feelings on any given subject. How can you say "dont dwell on the past" and then bring MLK up not even a sentence apart. MLK Dedicated his life to being positive and uniting and uplifting African Americans as well as appealing to other races to be non-violent and non-discriminatory . He did not give his life, it was taken.

I agree with the resources that we have our youth should take full advantage of the vast opportunities, but unfortunately due to practices that still inhibit minorities to basic education and technology African Americans are still not on an even playing field with whites in modern society. To understand why we must look to history and evaluate the historical treatment of African Americans in the United States.

The second term President is indeed black, but please do not confuse his heritage with that of the typical African American. Most African Americans are offspring of former slaves here in the States. Most African Amercans are not raised by white parents. Most African Americans will not have the opportunities that befell upon our current President.

Turning a blind eye to what has happened and what is currently happening is not only irresponsible it is dangerous. Saying someone is holding a grudge because they choose to recount actual events and compare them to current events is proposterous and absurd. Productivity comes from moving forward after your mistakes have been acknowledged and corrected. Ignoring the mistakes only hinders progress for everyone for the past will never be forgotten.

Racial bias is not an easy subject to simply deisregard. The severity of what has happened not only in this nation but globally has resulted in catostrphic ways of thinking. We have on a global scale a standard of beauty that sets dark colored people at the bottom. On numerous occasions dark colored people are portrayed as inferior to their lighter counter-parts. To simply think that ignoring these nuances and acting as if they dont exist only perpetuates the divisive nature of the propaganda.

Its lazy thinking that says the problem will clear itself up.

Damn let Me erase my little old post,lol. A GREAT POST I COULDNT EVEN SAY IT BETTER THAN THAT.
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited January 2013
    Options

You still didn't answer the question. What's your point? Yes, blacks were not "free" in the sense of being full citizens with all the rights guaranteed to a citizen until ~50 years ago. But that doesn't apply to pretty much anyone who will read the thread, and even so, I don't think anyone was under the illusion that discrimination against blacks ended with the signing of the Proclamation Emancipation.

You've essentially made a topic to tell everyone that water is wet.
  • waterproof
    edited January 2013
    Options

You still didn't answer the question. What's your point? Yes, blacks were not "free" in the sense of being full citizens with all the rights guaranteed to a citizen until ~50 years ago. But that doesn't apply to pretty much anyone who will read the thread, and even so, I don't think anyone was under the illusion that discrimination against blacks ended with the signing of the Proclamation Emancipation.

? are you serious, "WHAT'S THE POINT" the point is like every damn thread that is made in the IC for discussion, to discuss about the long road over 400 years for a race to earn every single right a citizen the place where they call home where some as kids pledge to every morning.

And you damn straight it does not apply to everyone who reads the thread that's why if you would took your time you would of seen this "Social Lounge posters and most important brothers and sisters how do you feel about this and how does it make you feel........." everybody is included for this discussion but see your ass had an agenda already and failed to read that....some funny ? aint it.

Now i've essentially made this thread for those who might lurk and have not even thought of it and to raise awarness and to get other posters input and by the way some brothers posted opinions and thoughts in here it did it's job and a discussion worth having....

oh yeah, I am still waiting for you to make a thread and Shed light on Magic Johnson and other brothers and sisters in sports who contribute to the urban communities in the Cheaps Seats
  • gem$tone
    gem$tone Members Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

? are you serious, "WHAT'S THE POINT" the point is like every damn thread that is made in the IC for discussion, to discuss about the long road over 400 years for a race to earn every single right a citizen the place where they call home where some as kids pledge to every morning.

And you damn straight it does not apply to everyone who reads the thread that's why if you would took your time you would of seen this "Social Lounge posters and most important brothers and sisters how do you feel about this and how does it make you feel........." everybody is included for this discussion but see your ass had an agenda already and failed to read that....some funny ? aint it.

Now i've essentially made this thread for those who might lurk and have not even thought of it and to raise awarness and to get other posters input and by the way some brothers posted opinions and thoughts in here it did it's job and a discussion worth having....

oh yeah, I am still waiting for you to make a thread and Shed light on Magic Johnson and other brothers and sisters in sports who contribute to the urban communities in the Cheaps Seats

Yes, I'm serious. I'm not knocking opening up a discussion. I just didn't see much discuss here. I thought you were bringing this all up to make a point, but there's no point. You've basically just made a thread declaring that blacks were once slaves in America and then treated as second hand citizens until we slowly gained all of the rights of a U.S. citizen.

Maybe I'm giving to much credit to people here, but I'd hope pretty much everyone already knew all of this, so what is there for anyone to sit back and think about.

Also what are you talking about with the Cheap Seats thread? Did I agree to something? I'm not trying to be funny or evasive. I can't remember if I did or not.
  • waterproof
    edited January 2013
    Options

Yes, I'm serious. I'm not knocking opening up a discussion. I just didn't see much discuss here. I thought you were bringing this all up to make a point, but there's no point. You've basically just made a thread declaring that blacks were once slaves in America and then treated as second hand citizens until we slowly gained all of the rights of a U.S. citizen.

Maybe I'm giving to much credit to people here, but I'd hope pretty much everyone already knew all of this, so what is there for anyone to sit back and think about.

Also what are you talking about with the Cheap Seats thread? Did I agree to something? I'm not trying to be funny or evasive. I can't remember if I did or not.

See u are one of those trying to been all smart want to be intelligent fake ass talented 10 negroes but let me finish calling u out on your ? , I see you like to find loopholes to justify your ? when u get called out on.

It seems this wanna be talented 10 ? all smart and ? is baffled by simple ? , "i hope pretty much everybody know all of this" he says, what about the ones and lurkers who didnt, what you going to do talk down on them fake ass cornell west, huh....this ? is called sharing information that's what the web is about you simple simon pseudo fake intelligent..

but this ? said, i dont see the discussion here, well see your ass out of this thread then because you the only one talk that ? , trying to be all smart and ? got called out on your ? , then came back and try change it up but left the ? alone standing with a dunce on your head, you nerd.........

? i know your type, and i call ? every time, oh yeah about the cheap seat....now you want to play dumb, you is a smart ? after all
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Yeah that's right ? 's of the Untied States, yall ? only be free for 44 years as a Race of people...you been lied to, led astray, hoodwinked and taught in school that you and your people was free in 1865, we was free from ? but that was it. AINT THAT A ? !!!!!

All humans are born free. I don't need the government or anyone to tell me that I'm free. But that may be beside the point. I think that I see your greater point - that blacks have historically yet presently been rejected as citizens in America. That much is somewhat obvious but still important to know.
    SLAVERY IN THE UNITED STATES 1619-1865 = 246 YEARS OF ?

then after slavery we was held down even more and did not have rights of FREE MAN and Citizens of the United States

1865-1877 - Blacks still didnt have full rights of a citzen

1968 was the last law of Jim Crow that was put down and the so-called ? of the united states have the full rights of a citizen of the united states and was Free.

Now sit back and think about that ?

Blacks were technically free and full citizens after 1868. The 14th Amendment specifically established that mandate. Of course, nobody should've expected everybody to become one big happy family after the Civil War. Many people, especially Southerners, didn't change their racist habits and resorted to illegal (of which they were punished for) and legal (Plessy v Ferguson was a miscarriage of justice, yet even some blacks like Malcolm and the NOI supported racial segregation) tactics to undermine the newly amended Constitution. But just because some hicks couldn't accept reality doesn't necessarily mean that blacks weren't full citizens. Just means that mostly the South was on some other ? .