? people who think they know something about sports but really don't know jack ?

Options
Ghostdenithegawd
Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2013 in From the Cheap Seats
So im chilling with some co-workers and they start talking about sports and as i was about to get into the convo i realize they don't know jack ? about sports, ive notice when peopel start talking abouts sports 90% of them don't know wtf there talking about its like some fake bonding moment shared with false facts pulled out there ass so what bs have you heard from some fake sport fanatics

"Stephen curry should replace rondo in the all star game"

"kobe can get the lakers to the playoffs by himself"

"kobe lost when he scored 81"

"Lebron not going to risk his health in the dunk contest thats wh he's not doing it"

"The most dangerous sport is basketball"

"rockets benched lin last month"

"rajon rondo got hurt so what they got Avery bradley"

Comments

• MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jeff Van Gundy said some ? like steph "ankles" curry should replace rondo in the all star game haha
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some ? that let's me know somebody has the football I.Q. of a 9-year old girl...

- Anybody that thinks QB's win and lose games alone.

- You think American Football is played with pads because "the players are soft" and somehow rugby (played by a bunch of crackers the size of Wes Welker) is "tougher" 'cause they playing in daisy dukes and soccer shirts.

- You think a team can win a game or have a winning season "by luck".

- You don't know a player is good or not unless ESPN tells you.

- You think the O-line and D-line are the least important positions in football.

- You think playing DB means having a foot-race with a wideout.

Basketball dumb ? ...

- You think all those playground/AND 1 mixtape ? could "easily" play in the league, but they just "too real" for the NBA.

- You think old school legends were just legends because they didn't play in the last 15 years.

- You think if a team signs *any* 3 or 4 All stars the rest of the league should be on "suicide watch".

- You say ? like "That team wouldn't be so good if their shots wasn't falling".

More to come...

Damnit.... u still taking shots at my squad?

3643919_o.gif
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you think player A is better than player B because he has rings.

you think espn is the main source for sports knowledge.

you think a player was overrated when you were only 3 years old when he was playing.

you think youtube clips can really gauge how good a player was. Also if you can't find it on youtube it never happened.

I know for a FACT I saw Rip Hamilton admit that Rasheed Wallace smokes weed in the hotel rooms on the road on the show Teammates...can't find it unedited on YouTube for nothing
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jeff Van Gundy said some ? like steph "ankles" curry should replace rondo in the all star game haha

the dudes ts works with probably thought Van Gundy was serious and brought it up at work
  • TooGood
    TooGood Members Posts: 31
    Options
    I come across this type of buffoonery all the time..... its takes all my effort to not say something in these convos.
    I discredit or stop listening to anyone who cannot name coaches, starting lineup, or bench players. And if you dont know at least 8 - 10 years of history, you're suspect.

And some folks dont like it, but if you never played the sport, then your opinion is almost meaningless to me. Those mofos are the worst.... Skip Bayless, etc.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nikkas that reach when it comes to players on their favorite teams no matter how dumb they sound and no matter how facts, stats, and common damn sense prove otherwise.

Like "Leonard Hankerson is better than Julio Jones".
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    you think player A is better than player B because he has rings.

you think espn is the main source for sports knowledge.

you think a player was overrated when you were only 3 years old when he was playing.

you think youtube clips can really gauge how good a player was. Also if you can't find it on youtube it never happened.

Pretty good set right here.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    TooGood wrote: »
    I come across this type of buffoonery all the time..... its takes all my effort to not say something in these convos.
    I discredit or stop listening to anyone who cannot name coaches, starting lineup, or bench players. And if you dont know at least 8 - 10 years of history, you're suspect.

And some folks dont like it, but if you never played the sport, then your opinion is almost meaningless to me. Those mofos are the worst.... Skip Bayless, etc.

Another good set.

Amen to the bold.

I ain't even sayin' you had to be some blue chip prospect back in the day, but damn, ? Wee, Middle School - SOMETHING!

? , or at least when you saw the other lil Nikkas in the neighborhood playing outside you put the sticks down and joined them.

Some nikkas spent their whole youth playing Zelda and trading pokemon cards, and now that they discovered ESPN they wanna tell me why Lebron is overrated or who my teams should sign.

? , stop breathing. Real nikkas need that air.

• IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Woah owns this thread
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

you think what ever you do on Madden or 2k will happen in real life

you think Lebron is a choke artist but will sell your soul to get him on your squad

you think Jordan did by himself acting like he wasnt 1-9 in the playoffs till Pippen came through

(and I think Jordan is the GOAT just saying how it is)

• themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So im chilling with some co-workers and they start talking about sports and as i was about to get into the convo i realize they don't know jack ? about sports, ive notice when peopel start talking abouts sports 90% of them don't know wtf there talking about its like some fake bonding moment shared with false facts pulled out there ass so what bs have you heard from some fake sport fanatics

"Stephen curry should replace rondo in the all star game"

"kobe can get the lakers to the playoffs by himself"

"kobe lost when he scored 81"

"Lebron not going to risk his health in the dunk contest thats wh he's not doing it"

"The most dangerous sport is basketball"

"rockets benched lin last month"

"rajon rondo got hurt so what they got Avery bradley"

I remember folks was sayin that ? wasnt impressive...it just showed kobe's selfishness....the hate was strong at that time
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    i hate talking football when a person is like man we should get so like he gonna make a difference. example, some dumb said we should get chad johnson cuz he is "raw" as hell.
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate when when ? try to use wins to judge individuals in team sports. I also hate when ? try to use hypothetical situations to prove some stupid ass point

Ex: "If you gave Michael Vick Julio Jones and Roddy White he'd be in the super bowl"
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    allday1992 wrote: »
    I hate when when ? try to use wins to judge individuals in team sports. I also hate when ? try to use hypothetical situations to prove some stupid ass point

Ex: "If you gave Michael Vick Julio Jones and Roddy White he'd be in the super bowl"

aint takin no shots but this another prime example...
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Id love to see the numbers Moss and TO woulda had with Montana and Steve Young as their qbs

• Reggie80
    Reggie80 Members Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I don't know if you ? ever heard this but I hate the type of cat that we be watching a Jordan highlight and the ? be like I wouldn't let Jordan dunk on me, I'm like my ? before you could blink he already in the air.

I don't know how Darell Revis be shutting ? down he couldn't hold me too one catch, my ? you drink and smoke constantly and never played sports but you can catch a pass on Revis.

• Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate that ? . My roommate came downstairs and was wearing a colts shirt that said "Andy Knows". I was like WTf but didn't say ? . We had other people over and one dude (raiders fan) was like Tha ? is that??? It's BO KNOWS ? lol. My roommate had the blankest stare of all time and said WHO?!?!? We all said Bo Jackson man. He said I've never heard of him and he was dead serious. Damn that dude got ran out lol. (we later found out he's been watching football since 2005, but talks like he knows everything SMH)