? people who think they know something about sports but really don't know jack ?

Options

Comments

• 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    I was eating lunch with my parents and we were talking about how bad the UNC basketball team is. And my dad said they are young and don't have any elite players.

In response to that discussion, My mom said, "why do all these other teams allow them to do
    this?"

I stopped here and tried hard to answer the question before moving on. I couldn't.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    I was eating lunch with my parents and we were talking about how bad the UNC basketball team is. And my dad said they are young and don't have any elite players.

In response to that discussion, My mom said, "why do all these other teams allow them to do
    this?"

I stopped here and tried hard to answer the question before moving on. I couldn't.

only way i would know how to answer that question would be to quote Oscar Gamble

tumblr_l1wvq8AZBs1qz4w1go1_400.jpg
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anything that has to deal with MJ, Kobe or Lebron comparisons.

Tom Brady best QB.

Rockets only won two titles cause Jordan retired.

All three of those are debatable. Just because you don't like an opinion doesn't mean it's a stupid one.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Chandler parson is the illst sg"
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Options
    Kobe doesnt know how to draw fouls he just drives in the paint and fakes like he trying to draw a foul
  • indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I admitt I don't know much about sports. So i got a question about fouls and free throws in basketball. How is it determined when a person that's fouled shoots free throws? And how is it determined the team will just inbound the pass? A coupled of days ago I was watching a game and within the first couple of minutes someone was shooting free throws. i tried doing an internet search be there's just too many articles.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    indyman87 wrote: »
    I admitt I don't know much about sports. So i got a question about fouls and free throws in basketball. How is it determined when a person that's fouled shoots free throws? And how is it determined the team will just inbound the pass? A coupled of days ago I was watching a game and within the first couple of minutes someone was shooting free throws. i tried doing an internet search be there's just too many articles.

I'll forgive this post based on the bold.

Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery. Stay strong.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Ya'll dudes wrong. He came in asking a simple question and ya'll can't even be bothered to give a real answer. That's ? up.

What? You didn't think I was going to waste time on that basic ass ? . Please. lol
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao y'all killing homie.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    This remind me of when I was 7. I moved to a new neighborhood, and most of the kids my age liked basketball more than football (my old hood was the opposite) and I didn't know ? about basketball.

? was like a hood/basketball version of that movie "The Sandlot". And I guess you can say I was that kid that didn't know who babe ruth was.
  • greenwood1921
    edited March 2013
    Options

Man, lemme go ahead and answer the man's question. Y'all some hard-hearted ? . smh.

Aight bruh, the reason sometimes they shoot free throws and sometimes they don't is actually based on the position the player plays that got fouled.

Small Forwards, Centers, and Shooting Guards have to take the ball out. Point Guards and Power Forwards get to shoot free throws.

But only in the 3rd quarter tho.

This is a little known loophole in the rule book. In fact, if you point this out to your boys while you watching basketball, you might impress them with your knowledge.

Thank me later.
  • indyman87
    Options
    Ya'll dudes wrong. He came in asking a simple question and ya'll can't even be bothered to give a real answer. That's ? up.

What? You didn't think I was going to waste time on that basic ass ? . Please. lol

2830488-shaq_face.jpg
  • indyman87
    Options

Man, lemme go ahead and answer the man's question. Y'all some hard-hearted ? . smh.

Aight bruh, the reason sometimes they shoot free throws and sometimes they don't is actually based on the position the player plays that got fouled.

Small Forwards, Centers, and Shooting Guards have to take the ball out. Point Guards and Power Forwards get to shoot free throws.

But only in the 3rd quarter tho.

This is a little known loophole in the rule book. In fact, if you point this out to your boys while you watching basketball, you might impress them with your knowledge.

Thank me later.

'preciate it. I remember it now. Reading about all the on nba.com and wikipedia confused me.

• Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope this guy is trolling
  • SocialAssassinRati
    SocialAssassinRati Members Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dream murked Shaq in the 95 Finals....

Bill Russell dominated Wilt in their Matchups
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    barbershop convos are the worst, so much misinformation. Sometimes I what to jump and correct them, then i'm like: nah I'll keep quiet.
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ugh I really hate those Kobe, LeBron, Jordan discussions.
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    twizza 77 wrote: »
    barbershop convos are the worst, so much misinformation. Sometimes I what to jump and correct them, then i'm like: nah I'll keep quiet.

Word I like to sit and marvel at the stupidity
  • greenwood1921
    edited March 2013
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »
    twizza 77 wrote: »

Word I like to sit and marvel at the stupidity

Werd. Barbershop sports discussions are actually kinda like pick-up b-ball games at the park or a neighborhood 24-hour gym.

Most of the day it will be filled with a bunch'a scrubs, old ? and ? that can't really ball, but if you come at the right time you'll catch those top-notch ballers running full court.

And then you always have that one barber that's the loudest, but knows the least.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Options
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2 females tellin me ncaa better than nba cuz they shoot too many free throws in the nba, its my fault tho cuz i know better than to talk sports with females. I KNO BETTER

some ? clowning lebron on fb sayin there is no way lebron is the best because he "has to get open to take shots" as if taking open shots takes away from your greatness.
  • Beefer77
    Beefer77 Members Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Manny can't lose he has ? on his side.

Everything skip bayless says about tebow or mayweather matter fact anything he says.

Ufc fans thinking rousey could beat Floyd
    MMA fans who bash boxing
    Jim Lampley and Larry Merchant just breathing
    bob Arum press conferences about boxing
    de la Hoya blueprint
    Freddie roach managing career after 2011