What is your purpose for going to church?

1235»

Comments

• Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YALL LOVE DISSING ? /JESUS, BUT YALL SWEAR HE AINT REAL...

Jesus never existed
    ? is real
    Religion is ?

What makes u believe ? is real? I only ask cuz u don't believe in Jesus or religion. Elaborate please
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    [img]http://samvincente.com/ox/webcore/attachments/22063/if-? -isnt-real.jpg?width=250[/img][img][/img]

We go with the watchmaker argument aka Intelligent design
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rock Well wrote: »
    swear he ain't real, but at some point still get shook of His wrath

link??
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lady_Zee wrote: »
    People years in the future are going to laugh at us.

I remember being in high school history laughing at the fact the Inca's used to worship the sun...

At least they could see the sun.

We will see who gets the last laugh on the day of Judgment.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    church is a hospital for sinners not a museum for saints, jus sayin...

Amen. Preach that my brother.

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    I hate when people go to church,and wanting forgiveness for their sins but sleeping with everybody husband,wives,gfs/bfs.

It's always easy to point out the specks in other peoples eyes, but hard to remove the beam out of our own eye. We have to deal with the sin in our own lives first, so that we can see clearly in order to help others. That's why believers must always point to the remedy for any and all sins, the LORD JESUS CHRIST. Only He can help us in this evil and dark world. Amen.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    I originally went because of my parents. Then I became an atheist when I was about 16.
    I dived back into faith a few years later, but recently I've found myself WANTING to believe more than I actually do. The more I read the bible, etc, the less I believe.

Now the only time I'm in Chapel is family occasions like weddings, etc.

Just out of curiosity, what made you retrieve your faith? and why did you become an atheist?..

I turned atheist because I simply didnt believe. I was listening to stories thinking... What sort of acid were these folk on that they're hallucinating all this ? ? Lol.

Then after a death of a close relative I wanted to believe in heaven and ? , etc, (my family are all very religious). I threw myself into it, almost forcing myself to believe, although there's always been a ? in the back of my mind.

By trying to seek answers I ended up believing less and less, now I'm at the agnostic/athiest stage.

Jesus came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Once I realized that I was a sinner and that I had no hope of saving myself, ? rescued me from the pit of destruction. You see all believers in Jesus Christ have realized that they are sinners, that is why we came to Jesus Christ in order to be forgiven, cleansed, and made whole from all of our transgressions.

The ultimate reason why people don't believe is because they don't want to deal with their sin. If you don't see yourself as a sinner, totally separated from ? , you will have no need for a Savior. But thank ? that He is merciful and patient. He doesn't want any of us to perish, but for all to accept Him as their personal LORD and Savior. ? is not in the business of condemning, He is in the business of saving! That is why He sent His Son into the world! To save sinners from the eternal pit of destruction!

He loves you Zee and He seeks to have a personal relationship with you! He knows you better than you know yourself! He fashioned you in your mothers ? and He knows the number of the hairs on your head. He's a great ? who wants to give you life and life more abundantly. There is liberty in Christ and He wants to give you just that. Freedom from ? , freedom from sin, freedom from this world system. He loves beyond human comprehension and I pray that you will answer His call to salvation. Amen.
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oceanic wrote: »

link??

haha, but who needs a link to believe that
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oceanic wrote: »

link??

haha, but who needs a link to believe that

source???

How do you get scared of something that you are convinced does not exist?
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I go to learn point blank. I found a church (it's more like a class) that actually instructs. They not forcing ? down your throat, hoopin and hollering or taking up collections. Basically, they start in the old testament where something is mentioned, go to the new testament where it was fufilled, and the history books to support it. This being February, they are talking bout the real history of black people. lots of knowledge being spit. it's it true? Well, there's a few big name encyclopedias that need to get called into question if it's not. But anyway to each his own.
  • ImTheKangRoundHere
    ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    people go to church for the wrong reasons
  • Squidward Tentacles
    Squidward Tentacles Members Posts: 189 ✭✭✭
    nawledge_? wrote: »
    i occasionally go to the temple. mostly to interact and socialize with other members of my religious community or if i feel i'm losing touch with my spirituality.

What Religion Are You Jew?

Mahayana Buddhist.

Yall Gotta Give The Statues Money And ? ...Monks Too Huh?

Wrong Type Of Buddist? Aye You A Asian Female Tho? Send Some Pics Of That Sidewayz Pussay Gurl

sorry to disapoint you but i'm a guy.
  • MoneyPowerRespect
    MoneyPowerRespect Members Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i go to church to fellowship, worship, and learn. I love my church and the members. i think that a lot of black churches have turned into something it's not supposed to be.
  • Drew_Ali
    Drew_Ali Members Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i go to church to fellowship, worship, and learn. I love my church and the members. i think that a lot of black churches have turned into something it's not supposed to be.

Do you learn about religious subjects solely through your church or do you study in other ways????

• indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Getting to know ? ?Meet new People?Dress up?Meet Dates?

i was on this site and people had their opinions on their real reasons to attending church

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTl4UTa30dqtfKxT3DWuua0lpQCQs3v75ayJ9gwR7RRj8_8Xdpvqw

great topic. i personally think that people just go there to socilize because most sure do not practice what they preach.

• MoneyPowerRespect
    MoneyPowerRespect Members Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drew_Ali wrote: »

Do you learn about religious subjects solely through your church or do you study in other ways????

actually, i read the Bible on my own a lot of times and i do my research via internet & books to get a better understanding. i don't take what someone gives me at face value and i try to dig a little deeper to get an answer. even if it isn't one that i was expecting. church gives me the opportunity to learn in a 'lecture' setting like college, bt it's still up to me to gather more information and make my own decision.