Official "What You Reading At The Moment" thread..........

Options

Comments

• DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm about to try and read the entire "Wrath of The First Lantern" storyline in the Green and Red Lantern books.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just finished batman #23. This Year Zero is a little slow to pick up. So far I'm more interested in the Red Hood's origin than batman's reimagined origin.
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm about to try and read the entire "Wrath of The First Lantern" storyline in the Green and Red Lantern books.

That's on my list as well.

Also I just torrent the entire Iron Man Vol. 3 and about read it over the course of a few days... I actually got because I wanted to read the "Best Defense" storyline in which Starks becomes the new SECDEF.

• DillaDeaf
    Options

I just downloaded the individual issues of that entire storyline last nite and read it at work..the story was great, for those that might want it, I'll upped it to zippyshare later. The total mb of all the issues is a whooping 805 MB. there actually a torrent for the full Geoff Johns run (it only mising couple issues tho)

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    ^ didn't think much of that story but Green Lantern #20 (it's conclusion) was a great bookend to Johns' run and the only truly MUST READ comic in that whole event.

Since I, Vampire, Demon Knights and Dial H have now been cancelled & Batman Inc is officially finished I'm now down to the following books on the regular

Saga
    Thief of Thieves
    The Manhattan Projects
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    Harbinger
    X-O Manowar
    Bloodshot
    Archer & Armstrong
    Shadowman
    Green Lantern
    Superman
    Action Comics
    Batman '66
    Detective Comics
    Batman
    Red Hood & the Outlaws
    The Flash
    Wonder Woman
    Aquaman
    Justice League Dark
    Animal Man
    All-Star Western
    Earth 2
    World's Finest
    Daredevil
    Superior Spider-Man
    All-New X-Men

and since this Trinity War business has kicked off over at DC I have also been reading both Geoff Johns Justice League books.
  • DrMindbender122
    Options

I just downloaded the individual issues of that entire storyline last nite and read it at work..the story was great, for those that might want it, I'll upped it to zippyshare later. The total mb of all the issues is a whooping 805 MB. there actually a torrent for the full Geoff Johns run (it only mising couple issues tho)

? was like 20 issues.

I know I drove the dude at the comic book shop I go to insane by having his ass track that entire run down for me.

• DillaDeaf
    Options

? was like 20 issues.

I know I drove the dude at the comic book shop I go to insane by having his ass track that entire run down for me.

I can upped them if you want or just the finale book which is #20, also I'm trying to track down the Trinity War issues (or at least the current ones). also will track down now the Infinity War on the Marv*l side.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just got done reading Infinity War. That ? was damn good, almost as good as Infinity Gauntlet.

Right now I'm reading The Hunger, Thanos Rising, and Infinity. As you might guess, I love Cosmic Marvel.
  • DillaDeaf
    Options
    @The_Lonious_Monk

is the entire Infinity War is out? I want to read it in one sitting.
  • DillaDeaf
    Options
    Just finished batman #23. This Year Zero is a little slow to pick up. So far I'm more interested in the Red Hood's origin than batman's reimagined origin.

That's cause Red Hood is pretty much the Joker...........................we know that chemical fall is coming, we just waiting for that ? to happen.
  • Broddie
    edited August 2013
    Options

That's cause Red Hood is pretty much the Joker...........................we know that chemical fall is coming, we just waiting for that ? to happen.

I still think that will end up being a red herring which is why they're making him so much like The Joker and Red Hood #1 will end up NOT being The Joker but one of his cronies will instead by the end of the arc. I only say this cause Scott Snyder loves his plot twists no matter how hackneyed they may seem. Personally I think simplicity is the most effective and that Red Hood #1 SHOULD be the pre-acid wash Joker in this new universe.

Anyway today it's raining all day out here. I decided to look through some of my long boxes and pull out a bunch of classic late 80's/early 90's and some late 90's bat books including the greatest Detective Comics run of all time by Alan Grant and Norm Breyfogle. So I'll be re-reading all of these today

vzhvkp.jpg

ot0npk.jpg

• evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just got done reading Infinity War. That ? was damn good, almost as good as Infinity Gauntlet.

Right now I'm reading The Hunger, Thanos Rising, and Infinity. As you might guess, I love Cosmic Marvel.

I actually like war better...some of the lesser known guys got more play. Storyline had a bit more depth.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Last week I finished reading Batman & Robin vol.1, Smallville Season 11 vol.2, & Ultimate Spider-Man w/the introduction of the new Venom.

DC is on fire in the new 52 with the Batman titles that I have bought so far. A few months ago I wanted to get back into reading comics again but I just wait until a series drops in graphic novel form. I wanted to check out DC since I read so much of Marvel over the yrs. I started with Batman: Night of the Owls series and that ? was crazy to me so I got vol. 2 as well after I read vol. 1. I just finished reading Batman & Robin vol. 1 and it was on point I like the dynamic that DC has going on with Damien & Bruce. Damien gives no ? about killing folks at all I will be checking for Vol.2 of Batman & Robin.
  • DrMindbender122
    Options
    willhustle wrote: »
    Last week I finished reading Batman & Robin vol.1, Smallville Season 11 vol.2, & Ultimate Spider-Man w/the introduction of the new Venom.

DC is on fire in the new 52 with the Batman titles that I have bought so far. A few months ago I wanted to get back into reading comics again but I just wait until a series drops in graphic novel form. I wanted to check out DC since I read so much of Marvel over the yrs. I started with Batman: Night of the Owls series and that ? was crazy to me so I got vol. 2 as well after I read vol. 1. I just finished reading Batman & Robin vol. 1 and it was on point I like the dynamic that DC has going on with Damien & Bruce. Damien gives no ? about killing folks at all I will be checking for Vol.2 of Batman & Robin.

Don't get too used to Damien, Bruh.

• willhustle
    Options
    willhustle wrote: »

Don't get too used to Damien, Bruh.

lol I hear you but the Batman stories in the new 52 have been good from what I read so far.
  • DillaDeaf
    Options
    Nearly at the end of the "UnWritten" series (i'd download it ) ...it an Vertigo series and dope too with the story.

Up next right after tht is the 100 Bullets series everybody been harping on. I'm still looking for one more series to download.
  • DillaDeaf
    Options
    End up downloading Usagi Yojimbo fter seeing ya talk about it in this thread lol
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Started this earlier this week. So dope. A lot of back story on the Foot Clan.

2799623-01.jpg
  • DillaDeaf
    Options
    jee504 wrote: »

2799623-01.jpg

Been read it, and the story is crazy dope.

• lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jee504 wrote: »

2799623-01.jpg
    Dope ass art
  • willhustle
    Options
    I just got done reading the the first 2 volumes of Superior Spider-Man and I finally was able to pick up the first volume of Justice League and Vol. 3 of Batman & Robin.

Superior Spider-Man Vol 1 & 2 - 5 stars
    Batman & Robin Vol. 3 - 3 stars
    Justice League Vol. 1 - 3 stars
  • K_Fisher
    K_Fisher Members Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The best comic ever written IMO...Preacher.
  • Broddie
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I dropped some books and added some books since I last posted in this thread. The books I keep up with monthly are now

Saga
    Thief of Thieves
    The Manhattan Projects

IDW

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

VALIANT

Harbinger
    X-O Manowar
    Bloodshot
    Archer & Armstrong
    Shadowman
    Unity

DC

Green Lantern
    Red Lanterns
    Superman
    Action Comics
    Detective Comics
    Batman & ______
    Batman
    The Flash
    Wonder Woman
    Aquaman
    Animal Man
    Swamp Thing
    Red Hood & The Outlaws
    All-Star Western
    Earth 2
    World's Finest
    Superman/Wonder Woman
    Justice League
    Justice League of America
    Injustice
    Forever Evil

MARVEL

Daredevil
    The Punisher
    Superior Spider-Man
    All-New X-Men
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    definitely check out adventures of superman
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DC

Red Hood and the Outlaws

Marvel

Thunderbolts have picked up now that Steve Dillon's garbage ass is off of it
    Wolverine and The X-Men are rebooting again
    Indestructible Hulk
    Avengers Arena just wrapped up. ? was iller than the premise suggested