The Americans (FX) - Season 5

Comments

• marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    downloading episode 1 now. Gone watch later this week...
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best show on TV

I still miss Nina though
  • gdatruth2.0
    gdatruth2.0 Members Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great Premiere
    One mis-step (literally) cause Hans his life. He was down for the cause and close to Elizabeth. This is the 2nd time she had ? or let a protégé be killed. But shows how cold the game is cause she pulled the trigger without hesitation.

And that Vietnamese kid maybe a problem. The illegals are all about the long game but smh at Phil & Elizabeth setting up another family. But that young kid is too down for the cause and might get antsy to take the Russian father out.

And ? Henry got tall as hell.
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
  • marc123
    edited March 2017
    Jus watched ep 1. Solid start.

Asian kid bout that life.

Eliz looking sexy af this season
  • marc123
    white715 wrote: »
    Best show on TV
  • marc123
    Another great ep...

Stan smashing Andrea from TWD

Stan tryin to look out for Oleg.

The asian kid is a g. I hope he lasts.

Had to google Paige. She is 19....smash
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    I'm caught up. Season starting off real slow but in a good way. Philip is more into America than Elizabeth but this food issue is putting him back on Russia side.

Paige def will slip up at some point this season.

Oleg bout to get that Nina treatment.
  • marc123
    Martha!!!!

OK 3rd ep
  • atribecalledgabi
    New ep was pretty boring but it was still good.

Oleg becoming one of my fave characters. I know the CIA better leave him the hell alone. And Stan's new chick is a plant. Idk for who, but they wouldn't get that actress for some random side ? . She up to something.

Paige gon ? up tryna prove something to her parents with pastor tim.
  • atribecalledgabi
    Elizabeth on the same page with Philip now...her finding out hipster bear grylls is actually a good guy planted the seeds of doubt in her. These ? either gon defect or the centre gon try to have em killed and they'll be on the run at the end of this.

Stan's gf a plant. Where tf did she disappear to when Philip rolled by her apt???

Lmao @ oleg's dad giving him a platter of hoes to choose from.
  • marc123
    edited April 2017
    Elizabeth on the same page with Philip now...her finding out hipster bear grylls is actually a good guy planted the seeds of doubt in her. These ? either gon defect or the centre gon try to have em killed and they'll be on the run at the end of this.

Stan's gf a plant. Where tf did she disappear to when Philip rolled by her apt???

When n if one or both of them defect it will be goat. The centre gone try n off them. They might go on the run. Center might try n use Micah as leverage.

BTW the ? with Micah was heat breaking. Dude toke it well tho. To go thru all that, travel all that way. Jus to be told "no".
  • atribecalledgabi
    marc123 wrote: »

When n if one or both of them defect it will be goat. The centre gone try n off them. They might go on the run. Center might try n use Micah as leverage.

BTW the ? with Micah was heat breaking. Dude toke it well tho. To go thru all that, travel all that way. Jus to be told "no".

I think phil will find out Misha tried to find him and that the centre/Gabriel hid it from him. If they do one more mission where they assume the worst and it turns out to be for nothing on top ofthe Misha thing, Phil will be completely done with the ? . And Elizabeth loves him too much to not go with him...

I kinda don't want em to defect I wana see em hiding from the KGB and stan/America at the same time.
  • marc123
    Whatever happens...i cant wait.

BTW i initially thought the whole, is stans new gf a russian spy thing was a red hering. But after u mentioned they wouldnt bring in a actress of that level jus to play a side piece. (She played Andrea on the walking dead) i now think she is a russian agent.
  • atribecalledgabi
    Yea I never seen walking dead so I didn't know who she was til I seen ppl talking about it. Idk if she's Russian cuz that would be too easy if phil caught on that quick. I think it's something else.

But whatever it is yea I'm with it
  • atribecalledgabi
    They talking they sweet time with this season....ep was kinda boring again but I don't mind it with this show. Next episode looks like shot will get poppin
  • marc123
    Ohhhhhhhh ? !!!

"Paige! you better come on in." lol
  • marc123
    edited April 2017
    They talking they sweet time with this season....ep was kinda boring again.

Really!?

I dug the ep. And i've liked this season.

You can tell they are setting up some huge conflict. And also beginning the slow road to the end of the series.
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Phillip aint bout this life
  • marc123
    edited April 2017
    Paige finally told Matthew to kick rocks.

smh. After all that Gabriel gone tell Philip its better to keep Paige outta the loop.

Phil knows Gabriel is lyin about Stans new broad bein a spy
  • atribecalledgabi
    marc123 wrote: »
    Paige finally told Matthew to kick rocks.

smh. After all that Gabriel gone Philip its better to keep Paige outta the loop.

Phil knows Gabriel is lyin about Stans new broad bein a spy

Gabriel was kinda talkin outa both sides of his mouth. He tells Elizabeth how good Paige is then he tells Philip to keep her out of it.

Yea now Philip thinking all his suspicions are right.
  • atribecalledgabi
    Maaaan this season is the slowest of burns. But I'm still hooked. It was a good episode even with no "action." The payoff gon be amazing when everything finally comes to a head.

Granny back so hopefully that means more danger for p&e...but she's tryna be softer on them now so who knows.

And when Elizabeth was training Paige they still had the hole in the drywall from when Elizabeth kicked ol boy through it in the first season.
  • marc123
    Yea. Meh episode. Even for a stan like me. I was actually bored.

I do wonder how olegs story fits into the end....i wouldn't have let those dudes search my place tho.
  • marc123
    edited May 2017
    They made up for last week.

...all the call backs. Martha, Nina, the young broad phil is smashin, stans old bosses wife. Damn @ stan not gettin the answer he expected. Ole girl out for blood.

Stuff with Twan was interesting.