New Battlefield Game Coming Next Year

Options
joshuaboy
joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

“We're very excited to show you guys more detail on that coming soon.”

EA has confirmed that a new Battlefield game will be released next year. During an earnings call for the third quarter of its 2013 fiscal year, EA Labels president Frank Gibeau said EA "will be launching a Battlefield game next year” and said EA is "very excited to show you guys more detail on that coming soon."

Gibeau didn’t elaborate beyond that or mention Battlefield 4 specifically, though he did add that “we're not announcing an annualization of Battlefield at this time.”

Preivously, EA advertised a Battlefield 4 beta as a pre-order promotion for Medal of Honor Warfighter on Origin last year. Later, DICE said the beta will be available in other ways and specified that Battlefield 4 will stay in a modern setting.

Comments

• CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Battlefield has increased in popularity alot..however....people hate origins or whatever that online ? they force you to use
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not looking forward to this. They should wait to drop it on next gen consoles. Bad Company 2 sacrificed graphics for destruction, BF3 sacrificed destruction for pretty graphics; both games tried to balance both and still have it run smooth (BF runs at 30 fps to COD's 60 fps). Unless they make the maps smaller (for consoles), I don't see how they can improve on the series this gen.
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looking forward to the BF beta.
    Haven't played MoH in a min.
    Been too busy on BF3.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BF4 vs PimpMVP.

The war rages on.

Coming soon 2014.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope the add 32 man servers
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    #Battlefield4
    #Iseethelight
    #Sobright
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? that wack game

#Blops2
    #CantSeeShit

Ban me again muthafucka

I'll die for this Call of Duty ?
  • CallMeWelvin
    Options
    It's Black History Month

#BlackOps2

? ? ?
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    ? that wack game

#Blops2
    #CantSeeShit

Ban me again muthafucka

I'll die for this Call of Duty ?

Real ? return. Salute.
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I cop this I will get it early do the trade in value is still high when I take it back in 2 days.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not looking forward to this. They should wait to drop it on next gen consoles. Bad Company 2 sacrificed graphics for destruction, BF3 sacrificed destruction for pretty graphics; both games tried to balance both and still have it run smooth (BF runs at 30 fps to COD's 60 fps). Unless they make the maps smaller (for consoles), I don't see how they can improve on the series this gen.
    If it comes out in 2014 it'll most likely be for the next gen. There's rumors than the next xbox and playstation are supposed to drop near the end of this year.
  • CallMeWelvin
    Options
    Battlefield is for retards who can't hack it at CoD. True story, I played BF3 for 30 minutes and only saw 4 people.
  • CallMeWelvin
    Options
    abn562 wrote: »
    Battlefield is for retards who can't hack it at CoD. True story, I played BF3 for 30 minutes and only saw 4 people.
    ? ? with that ? thats the only thing you say about battlefield "4 people in 30 minutes" and them ? killed you so you mad..COD is for bandwagon, 13 year olds who cant play strategic so they have to get killstreaks for a prize lol.... lol @ you paying for the same ? game 4x over
    You have to earn your killstreaks in CoD... in BF3 they have to give you ? tanks and jets because you guys suck and dont have the skill to earn ? . Don't be mad that you suck at CoD so you have to play that camp friendly Battlefield.
  • CallMeWelvin
    Options
    ? ? with that ? thats the only thing you say about battlefield "4 people in 30 minutes" and them ? killed you so you mad..COD is for bandwagon, 13 year olds who cant play strategic so they have to get killstreaks for a prize lol.... lol @ you paying for the same ? game 4x over
    You have to earn your killstreaks in CoD... in BF3 they have to give you ? tanks and jets because you guys suck and dont have the skill to earn ? . Don't be mad that you suck at CoD so you have to play that camp friendly Battlefield.

they give us tanks and jets cause they give you ? killstreaks, its an exhange ? , dont be mad cause you dont know how to fly them ? lol camping? ? please...go play a ? game in your bops2 and come say that ? again lol

BF3 is The Reality Of Lame Loser's existence. Seriously, how can you compare that wack ? to CoD? You have to have talent to earn ? in CoD. Plus BF3 has slow and stiff gameplay.BF3 is for wack campers who hide in bushes and shoot at ? . Get your skills up b.

• funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I cop this I will get it early do the trade in value is still high when I take it back in 2 days.

Or.....you could not buy it at all and save $60+.

• Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trading in blacks ops 2 to get my battlefield back. Idk what i was thinking.
  • CallMeWelvin
    Options
    Vaas wrote: »

No you're not you just want my attention. You're welcome.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ #cantseeshit
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vaas wrote: »

No you're not you just want my attention. You're welcome.
    Naw i'm totally bored of the game. All i do these days is knife and crossbow. Still end up clutching 3v1.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not true man...you dont know that battlefield struggle. waiting for the vehicles to spawn..racing other players to be the first into the jets and helicopters...getting stuck with noob pilots who crash the helicopters into the ground after 5 seconds...the struggle is real..
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The legend returns.

Welcome back.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol ? stop flagging my ? I unflagged you
  • CallMeWelvin
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    lol ? stop flagging my ? I unflagged you

Lol and I don't even give negative reactions ? .
  • CallMeWelvin
    Options

they give us tanks and jets cause they give you ? killstreaks, its an exhange ? , dont be mad cause you dont know how to fly them ? lol camping? ? please...go play a ? game in your bops2 and come say that ? again lol

BF3 is The Reality Of Lame Loser's existence. Seriously, how can you compare that wack ? to CoD? You have to have talent to earn ? in CoD. Plus BF3 has slow and stiff gameplay.BF3 is for wack campers who hide in bushes and shoot at ? . Get your skills up b.

The
    Reality
    Of
    Lame
    Losers

I just told you what I'm doing and you don't even know it