Urban Legends/Myths

Options

Comments

• Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    still no confirmation on that ? from basic....... Salt peter? some ? my dad told me about.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tonys. wrote: »
    havin sex in the pool, she cant get pregnant

chicks with braces cant give head

drive across 8 Mile, you WON'T get pulled over

if you get shot with a .22 handgun, the bullet races to your vital organs as your running or some ? , idk.

if you went to Cass, Renaissance, or King High School, you were smart

That used to be true...

I remember Snapple & Timbaland were supposedly owned by the ? too. There was even supposed to be 3 Ks in the logo of Timbaland
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    havin sex in the pool, she cant get pregnant

chicks with braces cant give head

drive across 8 Mile, you WON'T get pulled over

if you get shot with a .22 handgun, the bullet races to your vital organs as your running or some ? , idk.

if you went to Cass, Renaissance, or King High School, you were smart

I stayed gettin pulled over in Ferndale, Royal Oak, and ESPECIALLY West Bloomfield and Beverly Hills. Every time I went to see this chick that stayed out in BH, I got tailed or pulled over. West Bloom just flat pulled me over all the time and even swooped on me with like 10 cars while I was waiting for a ride outside my store after we closed (I used to work at the Wonderland Music on NW Highway)

The ? about Cass, Renaissance, King used to be true. Mumford had a program called Merit which was for high IQ students (I wass in the Merit program there), but it didn't have the widespread recognition that Cass and Renaissance's programs did.
  • Wooden Chop Sticks
    Wooden Chop Sticks Members Posts: 59
    Options
    Tommy Hilfiger being racist.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    church's chicken and those crown car airfresheners also shoney's restaurant was owned by the kkk. I had a friend who was always in and out of jail he told they had this juice that they serve at lunch similar to the jungle juice we used to buy at the ice cream truck as kids. it was called jim jones and he told me that it made ? sterile. dude told me he used to drink the shower water for hydration so he wouldn't have to drink that stuff.

Mistic drinks were supposedly produced by the KKK too

I thought it was Snapple.... a slave ship spose to be somewhere on the bottle. Churches Chicken had steroids in it that was spose to make black folk sterile yet make young girls get thick at young ages. Chocolate is bad for ut nature and eggs good for it. Old folk in the country got plenty. quit playing the Nintendo cuz my light bill gonna be high or u betta cut off all the lights and be quiet during the thunderstorm or we gonna get struck lol
  • Roster Player #99
    Options
    talkin on the cell phone at the pump could trigger a fire (might be proof of that, Im sure they put that up sign up for a reason though)

pumping your brakes early when you see a red light as opposed to stopping when youre closer to it saves gas. (if it is true, that ? has to be minimal)

havin the a.c. on in your car uses more gas (dont know about that one for sure)

and ? used to always say, turn the car off whenever you park for somewhere real quick to save gas, i dont think that ? is true tho. Having to turn it off and on might waste more gas actually.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blu197 wrote: »
    Rap music makes you stupid and Classical music makes you smarter

Its just that smarter people listen to classical music and people who listen to lil wayne are usually dumb.
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    This man I use to work with was stating that KFC had headless "living" chickens due to the drugs and experiments. He was raving about it all damn day at work, we was just laughing so damn hard that day.

What is so farfetched about this?
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lil Kim and stomach pumped
  • HarlemThumzUp
    HarlemThumzUp Members Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i have the GOAT ...." when u use earwax and put it in a ? ? to see if she burning"
  • HarlemThumzUp
    HarlemThumzUp Members Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    talkin on the cell phone at the pump could trigger a fire (might be proof of that, Im sure they put that up sign up for a reason though)

pumping your brakes early when you see a red light as opposed to stopping when youre closer to it saves gas. (if it is true, that ? has to be minimal)

and ? used to always say, turn the car off whenever you park for somewhere real quick to save gas, i dont think that ? is true tho. Having to turn it off and on might waste more gas actually.

if u rollin a old school whip imma say this is true
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Troop was owned by the KKK - False. It was owned by two Jews and a Korean cat. The rumor killed the brand damned near overnight.
  • Roster Player #99
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    if you were driving at night and passed a car with its headlights off, you weren't supposed to flash yours, because if you did, they would ? you as part of a gang initiation. I'm alive so its obviouly not true. but i don't know if that was just a local myth or if other people were ever told a similar thing

i think i saw this ? on the news some years ago, I wanna say some mexican ? .
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if you were driving at night and passed a car with its headlights off, you weren't supposed to flash yours, because if you did, they would ? you as part of a gang initiation. I'm alive so its obviouly not true. but i don't know if that was just a local myth or if other people were ever told a similar thing

gangs be on that in bmore during halloween night
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I actually think a couple people down here actually got killed for that.
  • thegreatunknown
    thegreatunknown Members Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain1 wrote: »
    Supposedly TROOP clothing line was made by KKK. Old heads should know what I'm talking about.

Hilfiger saying he didn't want blacks wearing his clothes.

Yea I remember that. There was also a rumor that British Knights were owned by the ? as well. The rumor was that on the inside of the sneaker, under the cushioning the was a message that said " Thank you n*ggers for buying our shoes, signed the ? " I know a few people who believed that.

Other urban legends/rumors I've heard:

The first president, of the United States(predating Washington) was black, and that there is proof via photograph from the 1700's even though the first photographs weren't available until the 1800's.

from the barbershop...Dominique Wilkins didn't make the NBA "50 greatest" team because he killed a man..

There's a slave ship buried underneath Washington D.C.

Teddy Pendergrass crashed that car because he was getting head from a ? , every person I've met from Philly swears by that story.

All prepaid cell providers(i.e Cricket, Boost, Tracphone) are in fact owned by the government and used to monitor poor/disenfranchised people.

• Melanin_Enriched
    Options
    So the president under the article of confederations wasn't black? MAN ? NORLAND EDUCATION
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Options
    Vaas wrote: »

Yea, i think it was the zoe pound doing that ? .
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Options

Yea, i think it was the zoe pound doing that ? .
    Haitians, make sense
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I heard this too, never heard of it actually happening though.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    freehuey89 wrote: »

gangs be on that in bmore during halloween night

well in baltimore there are spooks everywhere. all the time. so i'm guessing every night is halloween.
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Google isth thou ally
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Frogs eat fire