Would You Allow Your Child To Get Wisdom From Gucci Mane In School? *updated* Shawty Lo too!!

Options

Comments

• Undefeatable
    Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    utterly disgusting.

So no.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Turns out the parents weren't made aware about Gucci Mane speaking to the kids. They found out about from social networks. Needless to say, they're mad as hell. Here's the article:

http://urbanbellemag.com/2013/02/gucci-mane-career-day-appearance-middle-school.html

Rapper Gucci Mane isn’t necessarily known for being a role model. In fact, these days Gucci makes the news more so for his legal troubles, rap beefs, and recent arrests than his music. So it’s no surprise that people were a little confused as to why the rapper was invited and showed up to Career Day at an Atlanta middle school the other day. And apparently not only did it confuse people and became a popular topic on the social networks, but it also angered parents of children who attend Crawford Long Middle School. And these parents are demanding that school officials explain why Gucci Mane was invited to speak to children about choosing a career.

According to WSBTV:

Parents and Atlanta Public Schools alumni are upset over one city school’s decision to bring in a controversial rapper to speak at career day this week.

Channel 2′s Amy Napier Viteri spoke to Crawford Long Middle School parents who believe rapper Gucci Mane shouldn’t have been talking to kids.

Gucci Mane, whose real name is Radric Davis, is known for hit songs with catchy beats, but some critics said he’s just as known for his criminal record in metro Atlanta. They question whether he was the best choice to be talking to middle schoolers about careers. Pictures on the rapper’s Facebook page show him talking to students Wednesday.

Leisle Moody, an APS graduate, said she was stunned to hear Gucci Mane was talking to kids, given his graphic lyrics and arrest record.

“How do you justify bringing someone who is not even at the top of his game in the rap industry, who has a rap sheet because he’s been in so much legal trouble?” she told Viteri.

The Atlanta news outlet even claims that some parents suggested they didn’t even know that Gucci made an appearance at Career Day until they saw pictures all over the internet. And they are outraged that school officials didn’t notify them that the rapper would be attending:

“I don’t think he was such a good role model. They could have selected another individual,” parent Kevin Hall said.

Some parents didn’t know about the visit. It sparked controversy on social media sites like Twitter and Facebook, with many questioning who deemed the rapper an appropriate speaker.

An APS representative said there will be a follow-up with the school about the visit and added, “We want to make sure people who serve as role models to our students are in line with our ethical and integrity standards.”
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    AJackson,you too close to Cleveland b. So you lose by association.

How do that area feel about the Ravens possibly getting their second Super Bowl? Them chumps still mad @ Art. SMH!

I don't watch football or sports.

huh.gif
    uh_wtf_gif.gif&size=200x300
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    No
    Turns out the parents weren't made aware about Gucci Mane speaking to the kids. They found out about from social networks. Needless to say, they're mad as hell. Here's the article:

http://urbanbellemag.com/2013/02/gucci-mane-career-day-appearance-middle-school.html

Son! Thats super ? up on the schools part smmfh
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No

Rapper Gucci Mane isn’t necessarily known for being a role model. In fact, these days Gucci makes the news more so for his legal troubles, rap beefs, and recent arrests than his music. So it’s no surprise that people were a little confused as to why the rapper was invited and showed up to Career Day at an Atlanta middle school the other day. And apparently not only did it confuse people and became a popular topic on the social networks, but it also angered parents of children who attend Crawford Long Middle School. And these parents are demanding that school officials explain why Gucci Mane was invited to speak to children about choosing a career.

According to WSBTV:

Parents and Atlanta Public Schools alumni are upset over one city school’s decision to bring in a controversial rapper to speak at career day this week.

Channel 2′s Amy Napier Viteri spoke to Crawford Long Middle School parents who believe rapper Gucci Mane shouldn’t have been talking to kids.

Gucci Mane, whose real name is Radric Davis, is known for hit songs with catchy beats, but some critics said he’s just as known for his criminal record in metro Atlanta. They question whether he was the best choice to be talking to middle schoolers about careers. Pictures on the rapper’s Facebook page show him talking to students Wednesday.

Leisle Moody, an APS graduate, said she was stunned to hear Gucci Mane was talking to kids, given his graphic lyrics and arrest record.

“How do you justify bringing someone who is not even at the top of his game in the rap industry, who has a rap sheet because he’s been in so much legal trouble?” she told Viteri.

The Atlanta news outlet even claims that some parents suggested they didn’t even know that Gucci made an appearance at Career Day until they saw pictures all over the internet. And they are outraged that school officials didn’t notify them that the rapper would be attending:

“I don’t think he was such a good role model. They could have selected another individual,” parent Kevin Hall said.

Some parents didn’t know about the visit. It sparked controversy on social media sites like Twitter and Facebook, with many questioning who deemed the rapper an appropriate speaker.

An APS representative said there will be a follow-up with the school about the visit and added, “We want to make sure people who serve as role models to our students are in line with our ethical and integrity standards.”

smh @ the school
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    AJackson,you too close to Cleveland b. So you lose by association.

How do that area feel about the Ravens possibly getting their second Super Bowl? Them chumps still mad @ Art. SMH!

I don't watch football or sports.

huh.gif
    uh_wtf_gif.gif&size=200x300

Lol, never been interested in sports unless boxing and martial arts.
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options

According to WSBTV:

/thread
    Guess we weren't the only parents who thought this was a bad choice. I can just picture him getting up in front of the class schooling them on how to beat an attempted murder charge. Burrr

tumblr_l4bzmsxtMx1qargt4o1_400.jpg

• damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    i have this question 4 da people who think this was a bad idea and they think " doctors,lawyers ect" should be da focus on career day but not " ghetto rappers"

u see " ghetto rappers" like gucci, waka, boosie webbie, jeezy, t.i ect... doin things 4 kids.. toy drives.. open up funds 4 kids and hoods all da time... doctor, lawyers and people like dat out # sucessful rappers by a ? load why dont they do da same ? des hood rappers do? of course a kid is gonna see a jeezy, t.i , boosie givin help 2 the hood and wanna follow suit...

im not sayin all lawyers, doctors n ? do this but its common 4 them if they from da hood 2 forget da hood dey came from... not go back and speak 2 those kids not help those families so why would u think more kids should aspire 2 be like that if....

1.... da only people lookin out 4 dem is " ghetto rappers"

2... da doctors lawyers ect.. aint there showin them love like dat... not showin them what it takes 2 be in that career field...

• damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Cain1 wrote: »
    i have this question 4 da people who think this was a bad idea and they think " doctors,lawyers ect" should be da focus on career day but not " ghetto rappers"

u see " ghetto rappers" like gucci, waka, boosie webbie, jeezy, t.i ect... doin things 4 kids.. toy drives.. open up funds 4 kids and hoods all da time... doctor, lawyers and people like dat out # sucessful rappers by a ? load why dont they do da same ? des hood rappers do? of course a kid is gonna see a jeezy, t.i , boosie givin help 2 the hood and wanna follow suit...

im not sayin all lawyers, doctors n ? do this but its common 4 them if they from da hood 2 forget da hood dey came from... not go back and speak 2 those kids not help those families so why would u think more kids should aspire 2 be like that if....

1.... da only people lookin out 4 dem is " ghetto rappers"

2... da doctors lawyers ect.. aint there showin them love like dat... not showin them what it takes 2 be in that career field...

Are you not the same ? who's still running in a gang and in the navy as well?

Get your mind right fam and realize that Gucci albeit he came up isn't a role model for kids. If he chose an avenue like TI that shows him being a father figure and guiding his children with wisdom and showing them a better way with his reality show then I could see him being at the school. Gucci was a poor choice to have the kids talk to IMO.

... airforce... getting out dis month....

u still aint answer the fact dat gucci still had da time 2 do that.... how many doctors, lawyers ect gave they time? odds are a child is not gonna aspire seriously 2 be somthing they kno nothing about..
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No

Son! Thats super ? up on the schools part smmfh

And people question why I hate the public school system and teachers. (Yes I went to public school. I can say this.)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ImTheKangRoundHere
    ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    No
    GucciMane_CareerDay_zps91cb201a.jpg
    SMDH @ them whiteboards... that big ass regular one, then the high tech one that has special computerized markers... but you can't use regular dry erase markers on it...

that's your tax dollars at work GA folks...

Thanks for the reminder ya bish
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    SAD 2 SAY, BUT KIDS LOOK UP 2 WHO IS CONSIDERED COOL...

GUCCI IS A RAPPER AND HES COOL AND HE MADE IT..

KIDS AINT TRYIN 2 LISTEN 2 NO DOCTOR OR LAWYER...

IF ? GUCCI CAN SPIT SOME TRUTH, IM ALL FOR IT

In order to broaden their perspective on what is "cool" you can bring a professional with a charming or engaging personality to speak to the children.

Only kids with zero guidance who are mired in niggerdom (probably as a result of ? parenting) would tune out a speaker who is non-famous or not an entertainer from the beginning. If the speaker can capture the audience the audience will be receptive.

? .. NEVER IN HISTORY HAVE ANY OF US AT A YOUNG AGE THOUGHT A DOCTOR, LAWYERS, TEACHERS WERE COOL!..

NO MATTER HOW GOOD OUR PARENTS BROUGHT US UP, THE RAPPERS, BALLPLAYAS AND"? IN THE STREETS" WAS WAS AND WE LOOKED UP 2

I wanted to be a paleontologist, zoologist, violinist, fantasy writer(which I am working on) and a kung fu master lol. Never in my life I ever thought of being a sports star, rapper, etc. ?

FIXED... CAUSE THATS ALL YOU ARE
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    SMDH @ them whiteboards... that big ass regular one, then the high tech one that has special computerized markers... but you can't use regular dry erase markers on it...

Real talk... the ? happened to transparencies and projector's?
    the ? was so wrong with them?

They have limited uses...
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Gucci Mane for the kids. LMAO

Most of his videos contain strippers and ? ass ? in dreads in street corners.
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Pyrexcup wrote: »
    it was for an language and arts class dumb ?

lawd, I pity the interpreter that would had to interpret for a deaf kid in class that day..................probably couldn't understand what Gucci is saying and then having to translate that ? ............

• [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    SAD 2 SAY, BUT KIDS LOOK UP 2 WHO IS CONSIDERED COOL...

GUCCI IS A RAPPER AND HES COOL AND HE MADE IT..

KIDS AINT TRYIN 2 LISTEN 2 NO DOCTOR OR LAWYER...

IF ? GUCCI CAN SPIT SOME TRUTH, IM ALL FOR IT

In order to broaden their perspective on what is "cool" you can bring a professional with a charming or engaging personality to speak to the children.

Only kids with zero guidance who are mired in niggerdom (probably as a result of ? parenting) would tune out a speaker who is non-famous or not an entertainer from the beginning. If the speaker can capture the audience the audience will be receptive.

? .. NEVER IN HISTORY HAVE ANY OF US AT A YOUNG AGE THOUGHT A DOCTOR, LAWYERS, TEACHERS WERE COOL!..

NO MATTER HOW GOOD OUR PARENTS BROUGHT US UP, THE RAPPERS, BALLPLAYAS AND"? IN THE STREETS" WAS WAS AND WE LOOKED UP 2

I wanted to be a paleontologist, zoologist, violinist, fantasy writer(which I am working on) and a kung fu master lol. Never in my life I ever thought of being a sports star, rapper, etc. ?

FIXED... CAUSE THATS ALL YOU ARE

And what does that make you darkness? Your not a upright human being trying to speak evil of children and you ? for Kat while married to a black woman you dont want no one knowing you married. Step up to the plate Mr. ? , you haven't shown one quality that doesn't make you a ? , the shoe game when you have more shoes than anyone I know, the loud font screams ghetto, loud mouth who always catches his foot in his mouth. So keep my name out of your mouth you remedial Gucci Mane shuckin and jivin ? .
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Stopitfive wrote: »

Real talk... the ? happened to transparencies and projector's?
    the ? was so wrong with them?

They have limited uses...

how?
    ? these new copier's solve all them issues... you can take a usb stick to these all in one's and print off your transparencies...

PowerPoint >>>
  • bubbaclot
    bubbaclot Members Posts: 676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most of those kids parents probably recieve wisdom from Gucci Mane though.