Did Mr. J ? Barbara Gordon

Maximus Rex
Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2013 in Quite Comical
I've always wondered this since I originally read the The Killing Joke, did J (or his goons,) have "have his way," with Barbara Gordon after he popped her. One of the things that makes The Joker such a enjoyable character is the fact that he's out of his mind and will do anything, but for some reason, I'm not comfortable with him ? or allowing Babs to have been assaulted in such a vile and brutal manner.

joker9.jpg

killingjoke27.jpg

Or is one of those things that Moore (with his perpetually hating and angry ass,) left up to the readers in interpretation kinda this issue of Batman #424

s_MLA_v_O_f_3072476774_082012.jpg

Did Jason pushed that ? over the edge, or did he ? him and potna fell over the railing? At this point in Jason's life he was going on hard on ? , so I wouldn't put it pass him to had pushed dude. I really don't know.

Comments

• ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ehhh I doubt it. If that was true she woulda murked him with no question in her current series. Him and the one dude she caught from that gang
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    im pretty sure most people agree that he did ? her, from most bat fans i heard this before i even went back and read it myself
  • ShencotheMC
    im pretty sure most people agree that he did ? her, from most bat fans i heard this before i even went back and read it myself

Alan Moore allegedly said that Joker didn't ? her(well maybe not in any place we'd think. Eww). I mean it alludes to a ? , but if you peep Moore's style there prolly woulda been more clues to it than just naked pictures of the chick. This is when Joker went from crazy to start becoming a straight-up street thug because didn't he murk Jason like right after this or some ? ?
  • Maximus Rex

Alan Moore allegedly said that Joker didn't ? her(well maybe not in any place we'd think. Eww). I mean it alludes to a ? , but if you peep Moore's style there prolly woulda been more clues to it than just naked pictures of the chick. This is when Joker went from crazy to start becoming a straight-up street thug because didn't he murk Jason like right after this or some ? ?

Actually The Killing Joke happened about two to three years after the A Death in the Family story arc.

• ShencotheMC
    Man truth be told the only time I remember them really going the ? route was Sue Dibny. And when that happened even ? mid-carders wanted Dr. Light murked. Maybe it's because of the time periods, but I have a hard time believing that Joker could ? Barbara and damn near the whole DC universe not going after homie's head. And once again, if he did ? her, she woulda killed dude with no questions in her current series
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    she is a bat family main stay, so it is his problem...not many other heroes play around in gotham anyways outside of the bat family
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    if he did him and bats definitely wouldn't be sharing a joke at the end of the story.
  • Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sick nerd ? imo...
  • requiem v2.0
    requiem v2.0 Members Posts: 58 ✭✭
    if he did him and bats definitely wouldn't be sharing a joke at the end of the story.

Yea this is what I'm thinking. Bats beat Joker halfway to death for killing Jason, he would have kicked the living hell out of Joker if he ? Babs.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Well he DEFINITELY ? ol' girl in Brian Azzarello's Joker.....and people freaked the ? out, caught mad feelings.

see: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RapeIsASpecialKindOfEvil

Moore basically left it as a open question in Killing Joke. Stripping someone naked after you just shot them and taking pics is already a form of "sexual assault" anyway, so......

best argument against. they firmly got it in canon now that its the ONE time they just laughed together like friends.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013

Actually most people agree that he didn't ? her. The Joker is super sane to the point that petty conventional crimes like ? are "beneath" him. He's always been portrayed as being asexual and his way of getting "off" is more in the way of psychological torture and not straight up physical (a point even Moore emphasized in his story). I know Alan Moore is known to be ? happy in his stories but there is a greater method to The Joker's madness.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always wondered this since I originally read the The Killing Joke, did J (or his goons,) have "have his way," with Barbara Gordon after he popped her. One of the things that makes The Joker such a enjoyable character is the fact that he's out of his mind and will do anything, but for some reason, I'm not comfortable with him ? or allowing Babs to have been assaulted in such a vile and brutal manner.

joker9.jpg

killingjoke27.jpg

Or is one of those things that Moore (with his perpetually hating and angry ass,) left up to the readers in interpretation kinda this issue of Batman #424

s_MLA_v_O_f_3072476774_082012.jpg

Did Jason pushed that ? over the edge, or did he ? him and potna fell over the railing? At this point in Jason's life he was going on hard on ? , so I wouldn't put it pass him to had pushed dude. I really don't know.

I have about 20 80's batman comics with Jason todd. around that time he had a chip on his shoulder he was beating up street pimps. batman had to restrain him a few times.
  • ShencotheMC
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    Well he DEFINITELY ? ol' girl in Brian Azzarello's Joker.....and people freaked the ? out, caught mad feelings.

see: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RapeIsASpecialKindOfEvil

Moore basically left it as a open question in Killing Joke. Stripping someone naked after you just shot them and taking pics is already a form of "sexual assault" anyway, so......

best argument against. they firmly got it in canon now that its the ONE time they just laughed together like friends.

Yea that whole graphic novel was wild. As far as canon though...nah never happened
  • Maximus Rex
    Broddie wrote: »

Actually most people agree that he didn't ? her. The Joker is super sane to the point that petty conventional crimes like ? are "beneath" him. He's always been portrayed as being asexual.

@ bolded, I have a very hard time believing that Mr. J isn't smashing:

3868460667191251087331367.jpg

with a vengence.
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Look like he was about to ? Jim too on some Pulp Fiction ? . Egh!