The shocking damage done to a woman's face after 14 years of sunbed use

Young_Chitlin
Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2013 in The Powder Room
By ANNA HODGEKISS

This shocking image shows the cosmetic damage done to a woman's face after 14 years of using sunbeds.

The in-depth picture shows clusters of unsightly damage under 30-year old Kelly Hughes' features which can lead to cancer.

It was taken by a pioneering UV skin scanner which shows up in stark detail the extreme damage caused beneath the surface when people lay under the machines.
Experts hope that their campaign will help highlight the dangers of sunbeds to youngsters, who are often inspired by shows such as The Only Way Is Essex to get a permatan.

article-2275071-1768DEBE000005DC-16_634x695.jpg

article-2275071-1768DFB1000005DC-95_634x661.jpg

Comments

• DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shorty had the melanin game on lock..
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She doesn't even look that tan in the first pic.

I'm curious as to exactly how much tanning she's done. Is she an occasional tanner or is she one of those die hard tanners?

Either way, I'm still about to get my tan on for a couple weeks at the beginning of spring, my feet look white as ? !
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Everyone should.know by now that tanning beds are no good

I dont fake bake but I do sunbathe when its sunny here . I have got a airbrush tan before ...they are nice

I have a friend who is orange ....its sad because she is beautiful ....just orange .
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm curious as to exactly how much tanning she's done. Is she an occasional tanner or is she one of those die hard tanners?

Either way, I'm still about to get my tan on for a couple weeks at the beginning of spring, my feet look white as ? !

That looks nasty as hell.

My son feet look like bottle of paste.
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Melanin comes from ? not Sun-Tans-R-Us......dumb ? .
  • Kat
    caddo man wrote: »

That looks nasty as hell.

My son feet look like bottle of paste.

Is your son white?

My whole body is white right now, but my feet are like blindingly white...it's highly annoying.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never understood the obsession with tanning. White folks just be white folks. Look at Bianca Beauchamp, aside from being a racist ? and modeling in blackface, she's perfectly attractive being paste white.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't go out of my way to get a tan I just turn whatever color the sun turns me from doing what I have to do in the sun. I don't use sunscreen, if the sun is bad for my skin baking on me, I'm thinking slathering chemicals onto myself to bake into my skin from the sun can't be better. And if I still die from skin cancer oh well that's what I get for being white I guess.
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i never seen a white girl jump in the tanning bed to try to come out looking like a black girl. latina yes, black no.
    in the end they just end up orange anyway
  • Kat
    A white body looks better with some color to it.

Even non white bodies look better with some sun.

It just looks healthy.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone should.know by now that tanning beds are no good

I dont fake bake but I do sunbathe when its sunny here . I have got a airbrush tan before ...they are nice

I have a friend who is orange ....its sad because she is beautiful ....just orange .

word. she's beautiful. I have her workin in my factory

206127_o.gif
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A white body looks better with some color to it.

Even non white bodies look better with some sun.

It just looks healthy.
    true. I like my white girls with some tan.

I had a girl I was friends with in high school tell me to go tanning a couple years ago when we were graduating though. I was like ? that, I'm not one of these metrosexual cosmopolitan ass dudes
  • Kat
    Lol..you'd be surprised how many "manly" looking men I've seen at the tanning salon.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 6,385 ✭✭
    Tanning beds are the worst. True story. This one white girl I heard of was a religious tanner for years. She tanned so much that it came to the point that she developed cancer and her condition literally caused her to become allergic to the sun. She was no longer able to expose any part of her skin in daylight. To go out in the sun shed have to be wrapped from head to toe.

I agree that pale skin is not attractive, however, is getting some color and/or the attempt to look more "exotic" really worth sacrificing your health and well being? Vanity at its finest.
  • Kat
    Everything in moderation.
  • wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    inb4 Kai roasts white ? ...

the tanning bed beat her to it
  • lighthearted26
    lighthearted26 Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 5th grade teacher was 32 and had crows feet and spots on her skin. She was always talking about tanning. Even at 10 years old i knew that ? wasn't right.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013

Either way, I'm still about to get my tan on for a couple weeks at the beginning of spring

Definitely not your usual white woman.

• DOC H0LL!DAY
    DOC H0LL!DAY Members Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • GameChanga
    GameChanga Members Posts: 167
    kai_valya wrote: »
    tumblr_m8q4v7rrxo1qgcra2o1_500.gif

white girls just stop. i can't even tell you how many white girls i encounter in the summer time especially, that are darker than i am. cool it down, you're not meant to have skin that colour, now put on some sunscreen and be good with the tiny, natural, safe tan
    I think this says it ALL!!!!! And to whoever said white people are not trying to be BLACK but be LATINO, you DO KNOW that many Latinos ARE Black ... AND that Black people are NATURALLY many different shades WITHOUT being mixed with anything. Black people are the PROTOTYPE! Most copied/envied people on the planet!

tumblr_mjtsvnmq6k1rfduvxo1_500.gif

• CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate when ? get Spray tans, then come to parties looking like mandarin oranges