Why didn't black ppl invent some LAST names instead of all this "Laquisha" bulls***

Options
Swiffness!
Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2013 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Seriously. Does ANYBODY have any idea where all these random-ass "black" first names even came from? "La" as a prefix? The ? ? That's French, b.

Meanwhile, errbody that ain't convert to Islam (yet) still reppin' the crackas that ? our ancestors.

Last names are family names. The ones that carry throughout the centuries. We shoulda been changing our family names to "Zulu" and "X" etc. in the 70s.

Wassup w/ that?

Comments

• Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I plan on changing my name. I agree with Malcolm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENHP89mLWOY

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Random "black-ass" first names come directly from Africa.....
    it seems doubtful we can say this about ALL the names he's talking about

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Michael Eric Dyson talked a lot about black people naming themselves after the fall of slavery. He found that blacks took the names of "good" white folks and used them for first or last names. The crazy first names go back pretty far too, I wouldn't say Africa, but slaves had names that sound like nicknames ("Boots"). Black folks also name their children through cultural things like the Qu'ran and the Bible ("Muhammad" & "John") or based off where they are from.

The ghetto names probably began when people started trying to be too different from whites. They started naming their children after things with meaning, then it dissolved to just random ass hyphenated or apostrophied names. Crazy ghetto names also come from parents putting their names together ("Tyroneisha", "Jeriesha").

Its a long history when it comes to how names got how they are.
  • Drew_Ali
    Drew_Ali Members Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Oceanic wrote: »
    I plan on changing my name. I agree with Malcolm.

I suggest you go with Tom or Thomas...........

• TooGood
    TooGood Members Posts: 31
    Options
    Africans were forced to abandon their, history, culture, and language. By the time they were emancipated that culture had been completely forgotten and those english names were all that they knew.
    These hood names that we hear nowadays are just black folk trying to be creative and form some sort of cultural identity
    if ya think about it, most immigrants still have their names and language, latinos, asians, indians, arabs, etc.
    What do blacks have? Blacks havent changed names becuz its all they know. Same as with Christianity and Catholicism. Its all they know. And unfortunately that's master's religion and language.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    TooGood wrote: »
    These hood names that we hear nowadays are just black folk trying to be creative and form some sort of cultural identity
    i think he's saying they need to try harder

• Bodhi
    Options
    Drew_Ali wrote: »

No thanks. I'll leave the European names to your people.
    bambu wrote: »
    I have European heritage...
    http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/239178/okay-time-to-put-your-money-where-your-mouth-is-rnr/p1

• Drew_Ali
    edited February 2013
    Options

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/239178/okay-time-to-put-your-money-where-your-mouth-is-rnr/p1

LOL @Oceanic........
    I have African heritage...

And if your ? ass must know........

My "people" and I have Hebrew names.......

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/474161/anti-creationists-time-to-speak-your-clout/p26

I know you mad cuz you couldn't tattyl tale me off the boards..........

Perhaps you should visit the G&S............

You herbs banning me have made me more powerful than you could possibly imagine........
    My theory is that whites will become extinct over time

LOLz.......

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/474161/anti-creationists-time-to-speak-your-clout/p26
  • Bodhi
    edited February 2013
    Options
    You herbs banning me have made me more powerful than you could possibly imagine........

tumblr_mc99xdfMqw1riahmqo1_400.gif
  • Drew_Ali
    Options
    My theory is that whites will become extinct over time

CharlieMurphyLaugh.gif
  • Bodhi
    edited February 2013
    Options

tumblr_m0qr5sbi0t1qgcra2o1_500.gif

tumblr_md3q1eJGmA1ql9thoo1_500.jpg
  • Drew_Ali
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I have African heritage...

michelleobamawhyumadtho.jpg
  • Swiffness!
    Options

lmao black parent naming they child Thomas is just awful, why, what are you thinking

I think our culture should embrace SOME European surnames. Like Garvey. Or Turner.

and ? that whites ARE gonna become extinct over time lol. "Nothin' but a teaspoon of milk in the world color majority!"
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm cool with it. It is a step in the right direction. Actually, it shows we are beginning to get our minds back. Names and Languages serve for Communication, descriptive, and characteristic purposes anyway.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TASHA = PRONOUNCE TASHYAH

TAMISHA = PRONOUNCE TAMISYAH

LATISHA = PRONOUNCE LATISHYAH

that's because it's in our soul and spirit to have the most high name in our names like our ancestors, we Hebrews that's why....

ol trying to be funny ass ?
  • waterproof
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Michael Eric Dyson talked a lot about black people naming themselves after the fall of slavery. He found that blacks took the names of "good" white folks and used them for first or last names. The crazy first names go back pretty far too, I wouldn't say Africa, but slaves had names that sound like nicknames ("Boots"). Black folks also name their children through cultural things like the Qu'ran and the Bible ("Muhammad" & "John") or based off where they are from.

The ghetto names probably began when people started trying to be too different from whites. They started naming their children after things with meaning, then it dissolved to just random ass hyphenated or apostrophied names. Crazy ghetto names also come from parents putting their names together ("Tyroneisha", "Jeriesha").

and there you go, like I said in my post above, our Spirit tells us to continue to keep YAH'S name in our mouth, we his people even though we are lost, our spirit gives us hints to who we are and everytime we call out our sisters name we praising YAH, yall ? about to be awaken with truth....

they are not crazy ghetto names, they are beautiful names, blessed names with the father name in them...you cal those names ugly and ghetto and you aint even knowing you speaking ill towards the father, yeah that's how the enemy works, the white man got yall ? head so flipped and blasted and stained and trained that when the father puts the spirit on the mother that's carrying his nations with Hebrew names, ? call it ugly......

• Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »
    they are not crazy ghetto names, they are beautiful names, blessed names with the father name in them...you cal those names ugly and ghetto and you aint even knowing you speaking ill towards the father, yeah that's how the enemy works, the white man got yall ? head so flipped and blasted and stained and trained that when the father puts the spirit on the mother that's carrying his nations with Hebrew names, ? call it ugly......

FOH, those names are ? up and will cause your child to be teased in school and marginalize in life. I can respect somebody that actually went and did the research and gave their children Afrocentric names that actually have meaning to them or they became familiar with an African language and they named their child Chaka, Cleopatra, Manu, or my personal favorite Hannibal, however this idiot ? are pulling ? out of their ? and are literally naming their kids ? because it sounds "cute." Naming your kid Laquana, or Chiniqua is as ridiculous as naming your child Blue Ivy. Unless you're going to give your child a true name of African origins with meaning, stick to good old fashioned Anglo-Saxon names.
  • Drew_Ali
    Options
    I tried to tell these ? , but they kept banning me............

and there you go, like I said in my post above, our Spirit tells us to continue to keep YAH'S name in our mouth, we his people even though we are lost, our spirit gives us hints to who we are and everytime we call out our sisters name we praising YAH, yall ? about to be awaken with truth....

Realest ? posted in the R & R........

• Swiffness!
    Options
    I can respect somebody that actually went and did the research and gave their children Afrocentric names that actually have meaning to them or they became familiar with an African language and they named their child Chaka, Cleopatra, Manu, or my personal favorite Hannibal, however this idiot ? are pulling ? out of their ? and are literally naming their kids ? because it sounds "cute." Naming your kid Laquana, or Chiniqua is as ridiculous as naming your child Blue Ivy.[/i] Unless you're going to give your child a true name of African origins with meaning, stick to good old fashioned Anglo-Saxon names.

Man, thank you. Like i said, I got love for REAL African names but dammit Cosby was right about this one (he was wrong for including "Muhammed" obviously); ain't ? Afrocentric about these dumb hoes naming they kids Lateeshiana. There's zero thought or wisdom to it, we just started doing it "because it sounds cool". Saying that's Pro-Black is like saying racing stripe decals make your car go faster. ? outta here with this Black Hebrew excuse, like somebody got these names out of the Sephirot or Scripture or the Qu'ran. ? please. You ain't praising Allah with these silly-ass names, you're bragging about your own ignorance and the white man is laughing his ass off at you while you do it.

these ignant ? prolly think "Yahweh" is a rapper or sports drink who the ? are you kidding.....
    yeah that's how the enemy works, the white man got yall ? head so flipped and blasted and stained and trained

yeah, he sure do, he got ya'll thinking that there is anything Black or African about "la" as a prefix. Some old French slave master is laughing his ass off at yall

don't wanna name yo kids after great African leaders like Chaka or Hannibal or Imhotep or Garang....don't even wanna give them white names used by great black men like Nathaniel or Frederick or Mosiah or Toussaint....naw, ppl wanna make up some ? off the top of they head instead of turning off Tyler Perry and picking up a ? book.
  • waterproof
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    I can respect somebody that actually went and did the research and gave their children Afrocentric names that actually have meaning to them or they became familiar with an African language and they named their child Chaka, Cleopatra, Manu, or my personal favorite Hannibal, however this idiot ? are pulling ? out of their ? and are literally naming their kids ? because it sounds "cute." Naming your kid Laquana, or Chiniqua is as ridiculous as naming your child Blue Ivy.[/i] Unless you're going to give your child a true name of African origins with meaning, stick to good old fashioned Anglo-Saxon names.

Man, thank you. Like i said, I got love for REAL African names but dammit Cosby was right about this one (he was wrong for including "Muhammed" obviously); ain't ? Afrocentric about these dumb hoes naming they kids Lateeshiana. There's zero thought or wisdom to it, we just started doing it "because it sounds cool". Saying that's Pro-Black is like saying racing stripe decals make your car go faster. ? outta here with this Black Hebrew excuse, like somebody got these names out of the Sephirot or Scripture or the Qu'ran. ? please. You ain't praising Allah with these silly-ass names, you're bragging about your own ignorance and the white man is laughing his ass off at you while you do it.

these ignant ? prolly think "Yahweh" is a rapper or sports drink who the ? are you kidding.....
    yeah that's how the enemy works, the white man got yall ? head so flipped and blasted and stained and trained

yeah, he sure do, he got ya'll thinking that there is anything Black or African about "la" as a prefix. Some old French slave master is laughing his ass off at yall

don't wanna name yo kids after great African leaders like Chaka or Hannibal or Imhotep or Garang....don't even wanna give them white names used by great black men like Nathaniel or Frederick or Mosiah or Toussaint....naw, ppl wanna make up some ? off the top of they head instead of turning off Tyler Perry and picking up a ? book.

you silly ass ? i'm bout to make you look dumber than you are, PEEP GAME YALL this simple minded ? for brains ass ? thinks LA is french and the white man is laughing right..

Quick question what tongue is older Hebrew or French.

Laban - Hebrew name in the torah

Laila - Hebrew name

Black tongue with La in it that was created thousands of years before the french even had a tongue or a nation..

you silly ass ? you dealing with high science, lol....it's the passover and the Rauch is moving me right now,lol......shalom silly ?

• waterproof
    edited April 2013
    Options

FOH, those names are ? up and will cause your child to be teased in school and marginalize in life. I can respect somebody that actually went and did the research and gave their children Afrocentric names that actually have meaning to them or they became familiar with an African language and they named their child Chaka, Cleopatra, Manu, or my personal favorite Hannibal, however this idiot ? are pulling ? out of their ? and are literally naming their kids ? because it sounds "cute." Naming your kid Laquana, or Chiniqua is as ridiculous as naming your child Blue Ivy. Unless you're going to give your child a true name of African origins with meaning, stick to good old fashioned Anglo-Saxon names.

And that's where you ? up at, it's not an afrocentric name and it's not supposed to be an afrocentric name, it's a name from a people that creating something new to reclaim what was lost and at the same time is something that is so familiar like a forgotten song a person heard when they was little and it came back, but some how they can not place the name of the song but remember a piece of the lyric, see THE MOST HIGH do not deal with people like yall, he deal with the spirit and out of nowhere like their ancestors before them a miracle happen they name their kids creating a new name like every other nation on earth have done but they put the father name in it by pronouncing the word YAH, see the black race ham and shen always spell words out like it should be written. this have nothing to do what is african because africa have many tongues and languages, this have to do with the spirit, now if you want to name your kid an euorpean name and african name FROM A NATION AND TONGUE THAT MIGHT NOT BE OF YOUR ANCESTORS BUT HEY IT'S FROM AFRICA THEY ALL THE SAME RIGHT then that's you but dont you dare ? on something that is black genius that comes frOM the Rauch.....
  • Darth Sidious
    Darth Sidious Members Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's advisable for white/black/asian etc.. to not give their children cute or unique/made-up names because it makes YOU feel special and you are being ultra clever.

You are giving your child an unnecessary strike against them in dealing with the adult world.

You may not like this, but this is the world you are living in.

My name is a VERY normal/old name that not many kids are have nowadays. I hated that growing up but works just fine as an adult.
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    lol this being on ahh is kinda ironic

hip hop , and all its black musical predecessors , were the culimations organic black expressions. Same with these names

but i guess it would take ur white mother, and her peers ,to celebrate and validate something before u can accept it?

Gotcha fam
  • waterproof
    Options
    lol this being on ahh is kinda ironic

hip hop , and all its black musical predecessors , were the culimations organic black expressions. Same with these names

but i guess it would take ur white mother, and her peers ,to celebrate and validate something before u can accept it?

Gotcha fam

that's some real ? and one ? got the nerve to say it's better we have European names or some ? in that vain, talk about a broken and defeated ? , I outta put that ? in my sig with the disclaimer "defeated ? "