Jack Swagger Finna turn up the WWE

Serious Juice Mayne
Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hopefully if they don't ? his new gimmick up

Got the perfect fat white hillbilly racist ? as his mouth piece dutch mantel which he needed ... They both look like racist ? so they got the look ... All he needs is new theme music and to never talk again and he will easily be number 1 heel in the E (punk isn't heel, randy fell off)

It will probably be ? up and be jobbing to Santino in a month however unfortunately

Comments

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    he needs a female cousin as his girlfriend
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember when they were talking about he was going to be repackaged on the bleacher report.

Let's hope they don't ? it up on some Lord Tensai ? .

His manager seems like a genuine racist you can tell he was trying to be careful what he said on RAW.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they let him roll with it then yeah he finna max out in the heat department, especially in heavily hispanic areas. Something tells me Vince pulls the plug before Wrestlemania though, this ? too political and too controversial, they lack the ? to let it ride.
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they just pull the plug on swagger new ? wwe really is the WOAT
  • dandctt
    dandctt Members Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    Calling it now,

Swagger wins the chamber to face Alberto at WrestleMania.

Obviously the white racist heel vs mexican babyface champion is what theyre building to here
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dandctt wrote: »
    Calling it now,

Swagger wins the chamber to face Alberto at WrestleMania.

Obviously the white racist heel vs mexican babyface champion is what theyre building to here

This. First thing i thought when that Uncle Zeb dude was sayin that all that racist ish was Del Rio better watch his back, lol
  • poindexter2
    poindexter2 Members Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn swagger went from the JFK all American look to the Tea party/anti-immigration look. But wwe is known to ? up something good when they have it
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    This gimmick could go somewhere. Let's hope they dont ? it up like WCW did with "Berlyn" in 2000...
  • s_a_m_r_i_o
    s_a_m_r_i_o Members Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, how can a wrestler change America? I'll see where they go with it. If he came back as a face, he could've went against Antonio Cesaro and beat him since he's a real American American.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Seriously, how can a wrestler change America? I'll see where they go with it. If he came back as a face, he could've went against Antonio Cesaro and beat him since he's a real American American.

You using too much logic bruh...
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ion think being a face would work for swagger, dutch mantel could end up being the perfect addition
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always been a fan of Jack Swagger, as a wrestler he have great potential, size, speed, matt skills, power moves but his lisp ? him up........i think WWE done got it right with Jack Swagger, i like how he's more aggresive.
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    I told y'all ? !!!
  • bindayvez79
    bindayvez79 Members Posts: 402 ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry but he's still the same bland, non-talking, boring ass wrestler. Only diffrence now is that he's got a manager.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He was just arrested for traffic violations and weed.

So yeah..
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VIBE wrote: »
    He was just arrested for traffic violations and weed.

So yeah..

So his wrestlemania spot ? into thin air .........Its time for dolph ziggler to cash in his money in the bank and start his feud with del Rio.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DUI as well.

Why do they not learn? Smh..
  • king mocha
    king mocha Members Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    285605_345520452220951_1347959341_n_zps2cbd06a5.jpg the only way to save face is to use this as part of the story line. They can say he got busted by some Mexican cop
  • poindexter2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuI2uag0lsI

damn just when they were turining up lol stupid ass dude get caught with weed
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I expect Orton to punt Swagger's head off and get the title shot at Wrestlemania
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jono
    Swags is stuuuuuupit. Add his name to RVD, Sabu, R-Truth and Orton as guys who ruined their own pushes
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jono
    Welp the hits just keep on comin' Fox News catches feelings over the jack Swagger/Zeb Coulter characterizations:
    Michelle Malkin collected reactions from conservatives on Twitter, as she so often does, all of which were fairly disappointed with the WWE for using a Tea Party gimmick. Malkin herself chimed in, calling the idea "ripped straight from yesterday's headlines." Breitbart.com got in on the WWE criticism, too. "It's hard to imagine a bigger PR blunder," they wrote. "Expect a mea culpa any minute now." The always reliable folks over at Alex Jones's InfoWars.com didn't appreciate the new character, either. Their Paul Joseph Watson writes:

This is part of the divide and conquer tactic of cultural subversion to manufacture racial division and to characterize the Tea Party, conservatives, libertarians, opponents of uncontrolled illegal immigration and constitutionalists as racist, extremist radicals who should be pushed to the fringes of the political discourse.

Now the demonization runs so deep that it’s even being bolstered by WWE wrestling.

The fact that WWE is owned by Vince and Linda McMahon, who are part of the Republican establishment, also tells us a lot about how grass roots conservatives and libertarians are viewed by those near the top of the power structure.

Why are we getting so wound up about a wrestling gimmick? WWE programming reaches 14 million Americans every week – and millions more worldwide. To put it in context – that’s more than 10 times the amount of viewers who watch America’s top rated news show, The O’Reilly Factor.

It's important to not here that, in an effort to really drive home how Tea Partyin' these new villains can be, the WWE announcers claimed Swagger and Colter routinely receive fan mail from Alex Jones, Rush Limbaugh, and Glenn Beck. The controversy was also picked up on Fox News' The Five, where the hosts spent a good five minutes bashing the WWE and its newfangled characters, but the video evidence seems to have been scrubbed from the Internet.

For its part, the WWE isn't backing down from the criticisms: "WWE has a long history of creating fictional characters that serve as either protagonists or antagonists, no different than other television shows or feature films," WWE spokesman Brian Flinn told The Hollywood Reporter. "To create compelling and relevant content for our audience, it is important to incorporate current events into our storylines. WWE is creating drama centered on a topical subject that has varying points of view to develop a rivalry between two characters." Finn also made clear the two characters do not represent the views of WWE or any of its partners. You know, just to be thorough — like that disclaimer before each episode of South Park.

The real beauty of "Real American" Jack Swagger 2.0, of ourse, is that he falls in line with the longstanding tradition in "pro" wrestling of American jingoism, racial tension, and the hard minds and bodies in between.

http://m.theatlanticwire.com/entertainment/2013/02/wwe-tea-party-real-american/62344/
  • poindexter2
    You know the Liberals had to cash out on this ? too
    WWE introduces anti-immigrant wrestler and manager to fight Latino champion

by Adrian Carrasquillo, @RealAdrianC
    9:47 am on 02/20/2013

Jack Swagger used to be pitched as an All-American wrestler on World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE). Now? He’s being billed as a ”real American” and has teamed up with manager Zeb Colter as two anti-immigrant patriots who want to drive out those coming across the border.

Anyone who has seen professional wrestling knows that storylines drive the action and weave a narrative leading up to when two wrestlers, who don’t like each other, finally square off in the ring. But now the WWE is trying to build buzz after re-introducing Swagger and adding Colter to the mix.

“They just introduced this storyline last Monday,” says Bryan Alvarez, editor at WrestlingObserver.com. “The WWE is going at it ? , really trying to get attention.”

There is one big reason why the WWE is pushing the story line. Swagger recently beat five others in a pay per view event for the right to face the World Heavyweight Champion — Alberto Del Rio, a Mexican aristocrat “good guy,” who is a fan favorite. The two will fight at the WWE’s marquee pay per view event, Wrestlemania.

Alvarez says the WWE was interested in having a Hispanic champion to reach out to Latino fans and now they have a dream story line. “You have Jack Swagger, anti-immigrant crusader fighting a Hispanic at Wrestlemania,” he says.

Colter, who was unveiled as the new manager and mouthpiece for Swagger last week, has since released a video where he says “America has gone from a land of opportunity to a desert of despair.”

“We have allowed a bunch of greedy, selfish criminal delinquents to cross our borders and rob this great country of all its wealth,” he said.

RELATED: A champion wrestler with one leg is “Unstoppable”

But many don’t care that the “E” in WWE stands for entertainment, blasting the storyline as racist and ill-conceived.

“It’s extremely offensive for these wrestlers and the WWE to really take on this blatantly xenophobic and racist approach to the Latino community, particularly the immigrant community,” says Arturo Carmona, the executive director of Presente.org, the largest organization of Latinos online.

But Latino organizations weren’t the only ones who were upset. In a piece on Infowars, a site dedicated to defending “the Bill of Rights, property rights, and our nation’s borders,” the writer accused WWE of making a mockery of those who are in the Tea Party. “World Wrestling Entertainment has jumped on the bandwagon of demonizing Tea Party Americans as racists by creating a xenophobic character who espouses anti-immigrant rhetoric, as WWE commentators quip that he receives “fan mail” from Alex Jones, Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh,” the piece began.

In a statement WWE defended the storyline and said it is in the business of entertainment. “WWE has a long history of creating fictional characters that serve as either protagonists or antagonists, no different from other television shows or feature films. To create compelling and relevant content for our audience, it is important to incorporate current events into our storylines,” the statement read in part.

“WWE is creating drama centered on a topical subject that has varying points of view to develop a rivalry between two characters,” the statement continued. “This storyline in no way represents WWE’s political point of view. One should not confuse WWE’s storytelling with what WWE stands for, similar to other entertainment companies such as Warner Brothers, Universal Studios or Viacom.”

Followers of professional wrestling say there is another reason WWE moved to create the anti-immigrant storyline: A similar attempt by a much smaller player, Lucha Libre USA, which is catered towards Latinos, and features RJ Brewer, who says he is Arizona Governor Jan Brewer’s son as part of his character.

“WWE is on a much higher level than Lucha Libre USA,” Wrestling Observer’s Alvarez says. “But the RJ Brewer character, Mexican fans took that very seriously. He’s actually a character the fans are very passionate about.”

RELATED: Saturday Night Live takes on Marco Rubio’s “water-gate”

The buzz around Swagger and Colter even led Brewer to respond on his Facebook page on Tuesday after repeated requests for comment.

“This will be the only time I respond to the questions I have received regarding WWE ‘stealing my stuff.’ I have been wrestling for Lucha Libre USA for almost 3 years and have been using that platform to speak against illegal immigration from the start,” Brewer wrote, adding that he is sincere in what he says, and has been invited to Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s walk and a Russell Pearce fundraiser.

“Our audience is Latino, our wrestlers are Latino and that is why RJ Brewer is so effective,” he said.

Presente’s Carmona says the anti-immigrant characters in wrestling may lead to a national campaign from his organization.

“I’m concerned to see this during a time when the country is having a serious conversation about how we welcome the immigrant population and I think this is unacceptable and unforgivable,” he said.

But Alvarez says this is nothing new for the WWE, which used to do storylines with “evil foreigners” like the Iron Sheik. “But now there are a lot of lines they have to be careful they don’t cross,” he says.

“It’s not offensive, it’s just weird. It’s like a storyline out of the 90′s and here we are in 2013. It seems out-of-place.”

http://nbclatino.com/2013/02/20/wwe-introduces-anti-immigrant-wrestler-and-manager-to-fight-latino-champion/