• Undergroundraplegend
    Undergroundraplegend Members Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Where did he say this
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blu197 wrote: »
    I agree with what Mike saying. When he say stars he mean Dominate in his ERA which was a very physical NBA. ? like Wade would get ? up first time they drove to the cup in 80's and 90's. The only other player that could probably be nice is Durant but he'll get push off his spots cuz of his size.

Melo would be a star in the 90s and 80s he can score jus as well as KD, imo better ? he has a better post game and he's not scared to be physical with anybody

I don't know. Defense was tougher back then. Would he really be the scoring machine he is now? I don't think a 1-D player like him would excel back then. He's probably be an All-Star. I doubt he'd be Top 10 in the league though.
  • Undergroundraplegend
    Options
    Id agree on dirk only out of them its gonna be hard guarding a guy likwle with bein 7ft and a fadeaway though I think he would just be a all star
  • Undergroundraplegend
    Options
    ? I hate typing comments on my phone
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yall smokin ? if yall think dirk would be anythang else but a scrub back then. yall cant watch ball. yall espn watchers.
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? forgot mcchale?? Smh
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dirk>>> Every PF not named Duncan, Malone, Barkley & KG

actually Dirk use to give KG the business.

He may not can't guard them, but they damn sure can't even come close to his offensive game.
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? can't front on Dirk I gain mad respect for him after what he did to the Heat ? that whole playoff run he was shittin on ? .
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    In every sport that has been played.

Players are better then those before them.

Basketball is no different.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    MJ is biased with that opinion.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn Dirk gets no love? He was damn near unstoppable against the Heat. he almost single handedly destroyed them ? . idk where the bias come from but you don't get to 24k points being a scrub. while being a jump shooter his whole career. hey might be "soft" but that white boy changed the game.
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Plus players today lack fundamentals. Name 10 players that midrange game is just nasty. Most players back in the day had that in between game. Truthfully thats what made Mike so unstoppable if u back up and play the drive that in between game would light your ass up all day. Sure players more athletic now but that don't make them better ball players.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Plus players today lack fundamentals. Name 10 players that midrange game is just nasty. Most players back in the day had that in between game. Truthfully thats what made Mike so unstoppable if u back up and play the drive that in between game would light your ass up all day. Sure players more athletic now but that don't make them better ball players.

Who is these great mid range players from back in the day.

Them teams from the 80's couldn't ? with the good teams from today.

Idgaf what nobody say.

The ball handling skills and ability to get to the rim of today players is no joke.

Players like Wade, Manu, etc would destroyed these ? with that euro step.

The best two teams of all time I every seen even the ones from back in the day cuz I seen plenty of old school games is Jordan second set of Championships and Shaq/Kobe Lakers.

Those Boston and Detroit teams from the 80's wouldn't come close to beating the Heat, Thunder, Clippers, Boston, Bulls, Lakers, and Spurs when all healthy.

The Lake show would have problems also.

• kAjUn
    kAjUn Members Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Idgaf what nobody say.

The ball handling skills and ability to get to the rim of today players is no joke.

The best two teams of all time I every seen even the ones from back in the day cuz I seen plenty of old school games is Jordan second set of Championships and Shaq/Kobe Lakers.

Those Boston and Detroit teams from the 80's wouldn't come close to beating the Heat, Thunder, Clippers, Boston, Bulls, Lakers, and Spurs when all healthy.

Wouldn't come close ? ? You making n.o. look bad with these comments bruh.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    kAjUn wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Idgaf what nobody say.

Wouldn't come close ? ? You making n.o. look bad with these comments bruh.

Them ? handles is suspect at best and pressing them would have them ? with bout 20 turnovers real quick.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    And they had absolutely no wings that can guard these dudes.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got damn yall acting like Dirk being soft ain't happen it the golden st series ain't happen. In the 80 s and 90s itand was physical basketball and soft Dirk wouldn't be mj dominant player like today. Shawn marion and Stephen Jackson and Matt Barnes bullied him. He also Nutted up vs MIA in the finals. He was called Irk for a reason
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    How was they more physical back then? Cuz they closed line folks?

Them ? to skinny for todays players.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Players are way more physical today then the past.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The defense was different back then, way more physical compared to today's game. And the good to great midrange shooters trumps those of today
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hand checking can definitely make you play different
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    c1up wrote: »
    The defense was different back then, way more physical compared to today's game. And the good to great midrange shooters trumps those of today

who are these great mid range shooters?