Michael Jordan is trollin' ? . Smh

124»

Comments

• Reggie80
    Reggie80 Members Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When was the last time one of these so called overtly athletic teams won the Chip.Maybe you could say the Heat but besides Lebron(D.Wade being hampered by injury)who on their team is overtly athletic.All the teams that won Chips in the 2000's there main star were drafted from the 90's.Except 2006 Heat but they whole team had alot of vets from the 90's.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    what mike is saying is that although guys in todays game are far more athletic they lack the SKILL and IQ to dominate a 90's NBA LEAGUE.....

take for instance JR SMITH, highly athletic with NO IQ and barely any skill IF ANY.....

take for instance MITCH RICHMOND not very athletic but SECOND TO NONE IQ and HIGHLY SKILLED with the basketball.....

u have a guy like PENNY HARDAWAY that would totally abuse this league with the HIGH IQ he had combined with SPEED AGILITY SKILL and ATHLETICISM.... he was highly efficient in all channels of the game.

why do u think guys from the 90's like GRANT HILL are still getting effective minutes to stop defenders, he is a very very intelligent player that also possessed a skillset that would of took him triple double average heights had he not got injured...... u can say the same for j.kidd .

u see a d.wade being effective in his 17th season LoL........ hell no after the athleticism dwindles to nothing his sporatic off rhythmn playing ass will be without a nba job..... he has no skill or IQ to fall back on.

when lebron starts declining athletically he'll fall back on his ballhandling, improved jumpshot, supreme IQ and highly effecient passing........
  • SocialAssassinRati
    SocialAssassinRati Members Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaBull wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »
    ? today cant hit wide open shots be missing free throws all the time... basketball players back then were more complete thats why zones didnt work like it does today vs athletic ? with no fundamentals

zones were illegal in the 80s and 90s bro

Yet teams still ran them, Celtics and Pistons were notorious for the 1-4 Box and matchup zones. League GM's and coaches sent complaints to league officials every year but fell on deaf ears. I won't even talk about the "Jordan rules" which were nothing more than a elaborate matchup zone.

box1 and triangle2 arent real zones though bruh they are hybrids....and the matchup zone is nothing more that a glorified M2M with dedicated weak side help defense
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? today cant hit wide open shots be missing free throws all the time... basketball players back then were more complete thats why zones didnt work like it does today vs athletic ? with no fundamentals

another reason why kobe da GOAT, ? could triple team kobe blatantly on one side of the court cutting off passing lanes and scoring lanes....and the dude still dropped 30 plus and won ships.

? dont realize this tho, cuz they dont play ball and dont know jack ? about the game, they on that xbox too much, getting they gospels and psalms from BSPN
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Be$T_1 wrote: »
    what mike is saying is that although guys in todays game are far more athletic they lack the SKILL and IQ to dominate a 90's NBA LEAGUE.....

take for instance JR SMITH, highly athletic with NO IQ and barely any skill IF ANY.....

take for instance MITCH RICHMOND not very athletic but SECOND TO NONE IQ and HIGHLY SKILLED with the basketball.....

Harold Minor played in the 90's and he couldn't do ? else but dunk, JR Smith is athletic but he can shoot too. You have a player like Paul Pierce who isn't athletic but he can shoot and is smart.
    u have a guy like PENNY HARDAWAY that would totally abuse this league with the HIGH IQ he had combined with SPEED AGILITY SKILL and ATHLETICISM.... he was highly efficient in all channels of the game.

why do u think guys from the 90's like GRANT HILL are still getting effective minutes to stop defenders, he is a very very intelligent player that also possessed a skillset that would of took him triple double average heights had he not got injured...... u can say the same for j.kidd .

Penny would have been good in any era but you have a bunch of players that are 6'9 athletic but can do what Penny did. You mention Grant Hill and J Kidd but Glenn "big dog" Robinson flamed out.
    u see a d.wade being effective in his 17th season LoL........ hell no after the athleticism dwindles to nothing his sporatic off rhythmn playing ass will be without a nba job..... he has no skill or IQ to fall back on.

when lebron starts declining athletically he'll fall back on his ballhandling, improved jumpshot, supreme IQ and highly effecient passing........

Wade has adjusted his game as speak and has not been as crazy reckless like he was his first 5 or 6 seasons. He has developed his jump shot and has used his "smarts" knowing how to draw fouls and posting up more.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yall gassed up if you think players are better.

Yall ? me with that smarter player ? .
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2013
    Jamaica wrote: »

Harold Minor played in the 90's and he couldn't do ? else but dunk, JR Smith is athletic but he can shoot too. You have a player like Paul Pierce who isn't athletic but he can shoot and is smart.

Penny would have been good in any era but you have a bunch of players that are 6'9 athletic but can do what Penny did. You mention Grant Hill and J Kidd but Glenn "big dog" Robinson flamed out.

Wade has adjusted his game as speak and has not been as crazy reckless like he was his first 5 or 6 seasons. He has developed his jump shot and has used his "smarts" knowing how to draw fouls and posting up more.

LoL @ u trying to debunk me u ? ....

harold minor was nothing but a unofficial "baby jordan" in the 90's.....

Big Dog didn't have the physical conditioning to move on as a late veteran..... his skill and IQ are top tier though...

Wade hasn't adjusted nothing yet.... yea he isn't as reckless but he isn't puttint up the same numbers neither.... ? forget that MJ avaraged around 30 from the begining to the end for chicago.... wade has fallen off and he relies on put backs, open jumpers and "clout" foul calls to get by....

there is a purpose for lebron taking over miami it isn't just because, lebron is the truth..... wade didn't build his game to last.

jamacia you've earned my respect as of late honestly.... you have came along way since the days you would delete threads you felt were disrespectful to your favorite mc's.

another thing..... its crazy how u cats try to throw "smarts" in the back of the line like they don't matter.... a man with smarts on how to use his ability will get u further than a athletic buffoon that jumps around until the springs are depleted....
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Jamaica wrote: »

LoL @ u trying to debunk me u ? ....

harold minor was nothing but a unofficial "baby jordan" in the 90's.....

Big Dog didn't have the physical conditioning to move on as a late veteran..... his skill and IQ are top tier though...

Wade hasn't adjusted nothing yet.... yea he isn't as reckless but he isn't puttint up the same numbers neither.... ? forget that MJ avaraged around 30 from the begining to the end for chicago.... wade has fallen off and he relies on put backs, open jumpers and "clout" foul calls to get by....

there is a purpose for lebron taking over miami it isn't just because, lebron is the truth..... wade didn't build his game to last.

jamacia you've earned my respect as of late honestly.... you have came along way since the days you would delete threads you felt were disrespectful to your favorite mc's.

another thing..... its crazy how u cats try to throw "smarts" in the back of the line like they don't matter.... a man with smarts on how to use his ability will get u further than a athletic buffoon that jumps around until the springs are depleted....

smh at this elongated forehead ass ?

You act like the majority of the 90's players were Harvard rhode scholars and the current players are a bunch of ? that do nothing but dunk.

If 21 ppg is "falling off" then wow okay. Why must you compare what Jordan did at 30 to what Wade is doing now, Jordan is the goat. But what Wade is doing is good too.
  • SocialAssassinRati
    edited February 2013
    Rhodes Scholars study @ Oxford tho

coolface-trollface-trolls-faces.png
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭

i know but back then the dialogue was that zones wouldnt work. everyone could shoot. all those role player white boys (ainges/hornaceks, paxons) were not missing if left open. back then those guys could start cuz shooting and freethrows were a priority. today "potential and athleticism" seems to matter more and the game has suffered IMO

ainge and hornacek were allstars bruh

stop being contrary ? u get my point
  • SocialAssassinRati

i know but back then the dialogue was that zones wouldnt work. everyone could shoot. all those role player white boys (ainges/hornaceks, paxons) were not missing if left open. back then those guys could start cuz shooting and freethrows were a priority. today "potential and athleticism" seems to matter more and the game has suffered IMO

ainge and hornacek were allstars bruh

stop being contrary ? u get my point

point is those ? werent role players they were stars
  • [Deleted User]
    people who know basketball understand jordans point......
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's off but not by much. And i think i get his point. Whos rare these days? Just look at the all star rosters.

Look at Tyson Chandler, Joakim Noah, Lopez, David Lee. These dudes are ASS . Lol They are ASS. Just tell yourslf that they carry the same title , Center, as Ewing, Olajuwon, Ribisnon, Shaq, etc. They are ASS lmao

Also say to yourself: the BEST power Forward in the game today, by most accounts, is Kevin LOve. Does that ? even sound right? No. It doesnt.

Durant, Paul, a healthy Rose...cant think of too many that would be bonafide stars in Jordan's era.
  • WiseGuyy
    WiseGuyy Members Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a huge difference between All-Star & Star. Jordan's era was full of stars. I agree with him for the most part although I might give some PGs today some love
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    all I know is i believe my eyes.... I watch games today and smh at all the wide open shots missed and dumb basketball played. all the ? with no left hand. basic post moves (drop step) are no existent..... remember the 4 man who played defense offensive rebounded and was automatic with the mid range j (Horace Grant/Oakley type) Kurt Thomas is the last one left
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fact is D Wade and KG got sonned!!!!! LOL
    MJ dont see or respect them cats as superstars
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrWise wrote: »
    There's a huge difference between All-Star & Star. Jordan's era was full of stars. I agree with him for the most part although I might give some PGs today some love

Thats the interesting part is all these PGs. I would agree but then when u think about it, its HARD to stand out as a PG.

The ones that did had somethin unique about them (Isaiah was just rare, GP and Kidd had defense and size, Magic had size, etc.)

Think about all the very good PGs of the past who werent really considered stars:

Tim Hardaway (at GS)
    Mark Price
    Alvin Roibertson
    Terrell Brandon
    Kevin Johnson
    Marbury (yes, Marbury, 20 n 8 for 8 years straight)
    Francis (was a star then fell off)

Who's to say Kyrie Irving/Deron Williams would be any better than Kevin Johnson...
    Who's to say Chris Paul would be any better than Tim Hardaway...
  • Ether44mag
    Ether44mag Members Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    there is more talent now....but the game as a whole is easier now and back then teams had more structure cause there was less trades but great players of today would be great back then but a guy like bosh ,chandler,deng,aldridge, would be ordinary back then.. and dwight would come off the bench in a all star game
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    Joe Johnson would fry Craig Ehlo.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    S/O to the mention of my ? Mitch Richmond.

Nikka was automatic on Live '95.