I used to watch wrestling EVERY week. Then I stopped...So WTF has happened in the last 5yrs?

Options
will grimey
will grimey Members Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
For my younger cats who only know about wrestling 1998 and beyond yall missed ALOT. That ? they're showing on TV now is not wrestling, its now a ? soap opera...

Who the ? is this scrawny kid CM Punk and how the hell did he take over wrestling?

Who are the top wrestlers now?

Is TNA >>> WWE?

Are there some older heads on here that watched NWA?

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @waterproof is an old head for wrestling, dude is like the wrestling encyclopedia.

As for Punk, he's been around, great on the mic and in the ring, but here is where he kicked the doors down and made CM Punk a household name..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=2OS9wZGb_3g

Then he won the title, took it home and didn't come back for about a week or two.

Was the champ for 434 days.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The top wrestlers by WWE standards are Ryback, Cena, Sheamus, Alberto Del Rio, Dolph Ziggler, Big Show, and Punk. Lesnar & Rock are part-time but obviously they are considered top guys.
  • jono
    Options
    TNA is mostly trash. Their two top stories are a biker gang (of jobbers) and Hulk Hogan's daughter being in love with Bully (Bubba) Ray.
  • VIBE
    Options
    TNA is not trash.

• bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sounds wack now
  • will grimey
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Thanks yall.. Damn I actually watched his rant on WSHH. Damn he was a champ for 434 days? Well atleast he didn't break Lex Luger's record (5 and some change). Jeff Hardy was the champ? Man I tried but WTF is the MITB?

I'ma google em but I never even heard of Ryback, Sheamus, Alberto Del Rio, or Dolph Ziggler...SMH

Damn Ryback got them Lesnar/Batista shoulders!

Sheamus, okay they got an Irish wrestler

Alberto looks like a jerkface

Dolph don't know what to say about him but he currently holds the Money in the Bank Contract (MITB)?! The ? ?!

I'ma take a wild guess and say that either Sheamus or Dolph are the better wrestlers out the 4.

• genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Your right TNA>WWE. TNA has a much better overall roster than the wwe
  • jono
    Options
    The money in the bank is a 6 man ladder match. They usually pretty good. Watch the one from Wrestlemanias 21 & 22 those are the best
  • will grimey
    Options

Last time I caught up with TNA Sting was on it.
  • jono
    Options
    *technically its an 8-man ladder match now.
  • genocidecutter
    Options

Last time I caught up with TNA Sting was on it.

He's still there too
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol i started watchin in 98, i did miss a lot, was heavy into it until bout 03 tho

actually like i said in another thread until cm punk went off in 2011, i was almost down to casual status, i have a hard time remembering certain moments

but yea tna>wwe in pure wrestling, kurt angle still a bauce even tho it look like he cant move his head from left to right but wwe>>>>tna in storylines and thats not sayin a whole lot, wwe is SLOWLY starting to emphasize pure wrestling thanks to guys like punk, ziggler, bryan, etc..
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    TNA >>> WWE overall.

Most current WWE fans are fans of WWE not wrestling. I equate it to being a YMCB fan but not hip hop.

That being said the talent in TNA is better, production is basically on par, and they finally moved out of the impact zone and doing shows around the world n country, so the emotion/atmosphere is at an all time high.

That being said, TNA cant match WWEs marketing n overrated hype (what i mean by that every WWE fan always sees a stable n says "New Nwo" or "Return of The Attitude Era" only for it to evaporate in months.

I still think the best thing about WWE is its PPVs and ability to create new stars seemingly overnight.

TNA has lots of young new talent but they usually have zero the impact and correct introduction comparable to Sandow, The Shield, Big E, Cesaro and so forth. Its almost so simple I dont know why to this day TNA doesnt get it for the most part.

That alone had kept my interest in WWE even tho imo they havent been consistently very good since 2005( 2006 was garbage, mid 2007-2008 was borderline good).

We will see tho. It all comes down to personal taste so I cant blame the WWE fans for being loyal, or the fewer TNA fans for prefering their product either.

Wwes NXT is the ? btw.

/titangraph
  • genocidecutter
    Options
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    TNA >>> WWE overall.

Most current WWE fans are fans of WWE not wrestling. I equate it to being a YMCB fan but not hip hop.

That being said the talent in TNA is better, production is basically on par, and they finally moved out of the impact zone and doing shows around the world n country, so the emotion/atmosphere is at an all time high.

That being said, TNA cant match WWEs marketing n overrated hype (what i mean by that every WWE fan always sees a stable n says "New Nwo" or "Return of The Attitude Era" only for it to evaporate in months.

I still think the best thing about WWE is its PPVs and ability to create new stars seemingly overnight.

TNA has lots of young new talent but they usually have zero the impact and correct introduction comparable to Sandow, The Shield, Big E, Cesaro and so forth. Its almost so simple I dont know why to this day TNA doesnt get it for the most part.

That alone had kept my interest in WWE even tho imo they havent been consistently very good since 2005( 2006 was garbage, mid 2007-2008 was borderline good).

We will see tho. It all comes down to personal taste so I cant blame the WWE fans for being loyal, or the fewer TNA fans for prefering their product either.

Wwes NXT is the ? btw.

/titangraph

You forgot to mention the X-division
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81-gVu0vWOU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q0LYb_S2UI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iz_Q5a4UWE
  • VIBE
    Options
    I've missed a lot of NXT but yeah, it's >> than both current shows.

• VIBE
    Options
    I wish NXT would air on TV.
  • Cymicaldane
    Cymicaldane Members Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All you need to know is that John Cena is still the top dog and that not once has he turned heel
  • iChuy83
    iChuy83 Members Posts: 88 ✭✭
    Options
    Edge lost his smile and bounced!!!
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    TNA is mostly trash. Their two top stories are a biker gang (of jobbers) and Hulk Hogan's daughter being in love with Bully (Bubba) Ray.

lmbao
    when u put it like that

man
    that sounds horrible
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ being a fan of wwe not wrestling, and the x division being brought up as a sellin point in 2013
  • jono
    Options
    The X- Division has got 3 people in it lol.
  • lookdude
    lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I don't even bother watchin TNA bruh lol wwe/f is just hard wired in me.

I started out watchin WCW but I soon as I got a glimpse of wwf I never looked back

Their story lines have become stale and their characters are weak and not unique; but I stil watch in hopes of it getting better some day

I do like

The sheild (especially Seth Rollins and Sean Ambrose)
    Ziggler
    Del rio

• movingfeet
    movingfeet Members Posts: 397 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Ok Tna was kinda good then sucked now is gettin better WWE ? sucks ass their only saving grace to the true wrestling fans are c.m punk,daniel bryan,and ziggler. ROH is for the wrestling fans
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm like t/s. I haven't watched wrestling in a minute. I only watch the highlights mostly. Where I stopped watchin it is when they were doin the whole guest celeb hosting ? , just so they can promote whateva it was they were promoting. Then injecting them into the storylines made it worse.