Time to talk about Kobe having to copy Bron Bron's playing style just to win, SMH

will grimey
will grimey Members Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2013 in From the Cheap Seats
nba_g_kobe-bryant_mb_600.jpg

So after SEASONS of ballhogging Kobe finally realized that his excessive hogging hurts the team. All these good players on that team and this ? still wanted 20-25 shots a game. FOH Where did it get the Lakers? 3 games outta the ? playoffs.

Good riddance...

Maybe that TURRIBLE 1for 8 night and no playoffs might humble some of these Kobe nuthuggers. I doubt it tho. Nobody wants to talk about all these turnovers Kobe has. Maybe if he bites his jersey every game, he'll have a chance...

80391-650-366.jpg

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013

WHY YOU MAD THO??

you are an idiot new generation farm raised(ESPN) sports fan...

lol @ playing like lebron for one hes been a playmaker/facilitaor/scorer his whole career what hes doing now is spoonfeeding, thats indicative of the teams weaknesses ..in the roster he doest have the luxury of having one or two other ? that can get 25 -30 on any given night or more shooters than Seal Team6..
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    thats that stevie j face right chea
  • will grimey
    edited February 2013
    WHY YOU MAD THO??

lol @ playing like lebron for one hes been a playmaker/facilitaor/scorer his whole career what hes doing now is spoonfeeding, thats indicative of the teams weaknesses ..in the roster he doest have the luxury of having one or two other ? that can get 25 -30 on any given night or more shooters than Seal Team6..

Who's mad? I'm laughin...I laugh everytime they lose, and laugh harder when they win bc it won't help...Kobe's ring chasing is DONE. Only thing he has left is to chase MJ in scoring and they ? that up by trying for another chip...I can't even take u serious no more bc you had the audacity to say Bron has no one that can snap on any given nite...

I'm not one of these young ? , I've been a fan of the NBA since the mid 80's before I knew what ESPN was, bruh...
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • will grimey
    northside7 wrote: »
    Kobe>>>>>

Than who? Not LeBron...Barely Wade...
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh ok my bad then you jus dont know what your talking about
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WHY YOU MAD THO??

Bruh... you can't call a dude out for being an ESPN nuthugger then say some old ? like "he's been a facilitator" his whole career. You can't sandwich ? between two pieces of truth. Bean makes plays so that he can make those buckets.

And spoon-feeding is what assists are: You get a man the ball in the easiest position to score so he can. You don't pass into double teams because the guy being doubled is a strong offensive weapon. At least not in any ball I've seen.

This 2013 looking for others for more than a few games is some new new. Kobe will pass when the mood strikes him, and he's improved from shooting out of triple teams, but let's not act like the OP ain't gotta point.

Son will still launch a reckless three out of double and triple coverage if he starts feeling his shot, miss that ? , and come back to launch another reckless one. They started the season with him jacking as usual.

Now, if you wanna say dude is talking out his ass claiming Kobe's playing "Bron's style" OK. That's horse ? . Giving people in better positions to score than you the ball = being smart. It's basic basketball.
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't even know Bron had a playing style to copy..... Bron has been copying Magic's style since day 1, jus not as flashy wit the passes but adds athleticism...
  • will grimey
    Ok so Kobe's not trying to be Mr. Facilitator?

He was taking 4-8 3ptrs/game before he turned into PG Kobe. Now he might shoot 2. Why? Bc he's too busy forcing passes. That's where most of his turnovers come from

In Dec he was jacking up 25 shots per game....Now its in the 15 range. Almost every time he drives, he's looking to kick out/dish it.

What other superstar does that remind you of?

Other than you saying IDK ? , you haven't posted 1 thing proving otherwise...

• will grimey
    lol @ Laqker fans not wanting to respond...S/O to @northside7 for staying true and atleast responding...The Lakers thread is the biggest team thread on here and cats is either lurking, scared to respond bc they know I'm right, or just not online...

Truth hurts...All these past seasons cats clowned Bron for being almost a pass-first star. Now Kobe HAS to do it to win and all I hear is crickets...

eQI7vFM.jpg
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blu197 wrote: »
    I didn't even know Bron had a playing style to copy..... Bron has been copying Magic's style since day 1, jus not as flashy wit the passes but adds athleticism...

LMAO at this ?
  • gman82
    gman82 Members Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    T/s has a point
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 rings as a scorer >>>>> 1 as a facilitator
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hasnt Kobe led his team in assist 8 years in a row or sumthin like dat? lol yall in here actin like he has Nick Young's passin ability or sumthin
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Close this stupid ass thread.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Nice concept. Poor execution.

Let him tell it, Lebron the only ? in the league who ever passes the ball

Then he goes on to say "I laugh when they lose and laugh harder when they win"... His opinion is obviously devoid of any objectivity
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Kobe groupies ran up in this thread like superman into a burnin building and got gunned up and clapped quick

I cosign grimey.When you have Pau and dwight on your squad plus a shooter like steve nash you should be willing to pass the rock instead of taking 32 and 41 shots in a game.Kobe about to run dwight outta town just like he did shaq

tumblr_madbqw6C9p1qfrkf9o1_500.gif
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah bcuz no other player in NBA history ever facilitated the ball before lebron
    smh at bron brons style
    as for kobe, he's a good facilitator when he wants to be but he's a scorer at heart. its worked for him and his team, its hurt him and his team
    it is what it is
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CopperKing wrote: »
    3 rings as a sidekick, 2 rings piggy backing off Gasol/Bynum>>>>> 1 as a facilitator

• MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bron style is not just passing the ball but scoring at an efficient rate consistently and Kobe don't do that
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    CopperKing wrote: »
    3 rings as a sidekick, 2 rings piggy backing off Gasol/Bynum>>>>> 1 as a facilitator

lol at piggybacking off a ? that averaged 7.4 PPG in the playoffs those championship seasons
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the LBJ stanning is sickening. leave that ? to ESPN. looking for your teammates that are in the best possible situation to score? sure, I can live with that. that's called being more of a willing passer. that don't have ? to do with Lebron. so yes he has changed his game in that regard. this thread is proof that nba is pushing this ? . they have ? believing the reason for this change is because of Lebron.
    only thing them ? got in common besides being all time greats is a ? up hairline.
  • almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    J-Breezy wrote: »
    the LBJ stanning is sickening. leave that ? to ESPN. looking for your teammates that are in the best possible situation to score? sure, I can live with that. that's called being more of a willing passer. that don't have ? to do with Lebron. so yes he has changed his game in that regard. this thread is proof that nba is pushing this ? . they have ? believing the reason for this change is because of Lebron.
    only thing them ? got in common besides being all time greats is a ? up hairline.

? stop. Who was the NBA "pushing" before 04. Was every story about the Lakers & Kobe & Shaq win or lose no matter what. Was Kobe not the subject of the same ridiculous "Youngest to Blow His Nose" "Jordan at 25 vs Kobe at 25"

Kobe was exactly what you're claiming Lebron is previous to last year for Bron & Colorado with Kobe: The squeaky clean, young phenom, tons of endorsements, boring cliche interviews trying to protect his image & seem like a nice guy

a lot of the reasons Kobe fans single out LeBron& go out their way to find ways to discredit him is b/c LeBron took a lot of attention away from Kobe hype & publicity wise. its like an older brother being upset that little brother is getting more attention

• Undergroundraplegend
    Undergroundraplegend Members Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stanning in this forum fr lebron is ridculious
  • will grimey
    There are some dumbfucks in this forum... If you can't plainly see that Kobe has changed his style of play is ? blind. And as far as superstars, it closely resembles LBJ...Some cats can't handle that so they use other tactics to dance around the issue.

EVERYBODY knows Kobe is a scorer first. EVERYBODY knows Kobe will jack up a J with half a team guarding him, while a teammate is wide open. He's done it for years. Kobe has NEVER been a constant facilitator. He's a ballhogger.

Do yall not remember the times Coach Phil called him out in interviews then the next game Kobe would come out and not shoot the whole 1st qtr? He'd straight pass the ball...

The Kobe-caping in here hasn't faltered in yrs I see, even after LBJ is clearly the best in the lg like I've been saying for a few yrs.

Oh yeah LBJ style is more a hybrid of Magic/Oscar. I'd rather see him emulating a star that made his team better than a ballhog who drives good teammates away.