Most Unstoppable NBA Player in his Prime

Options
DOPEdweebz
DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
edited February 2013 in From the Cheap Seats
(shoutout to Reggie miller but he dont deserve to be in this discussion... lol)

Most Unstoppable NBA Player in his Prime 111 votes

Prime Jordan
37%
wilberdmillzDupacdalyricalbanditdwade206nawledge_godthefocusman2the ghostGot Em Shook2stepz_aheadhueygman82StewIceBergTaylor[Deleted User]DOPEdweebzTommy bilfigerLPastS.jR.its....JOHN BKame 42 votes
Prime Lebron
0%
achewon87 1 vote
Prime Shaq
31%
ocelotalmighty breezeinfamous114jaemoomsJusDre313scog81one_manshowbless the childdallas' 4 evawaterproofspit_fiyaunspoken_respectCoolJoeFlyFreeCttexasdaking88NothingButTheTruthMister B.KINGOFDAARCADEShizlanskyTRILLip Brooks 35 votes
Prime Hakeem
1%
af.r.i.c.a.2 Drawlz 2 votes
Prime Kobe
10%
buttuh_bplaymaker88Serious Juice MayneYoung_Chitlin_Menace_KamPushMeblu197OhPeeAZTGP swayze166Jeremyiahest83A$AP 12 votes
Prime Wilt
14%
will grimeyS2JKNiGHTSgonemad44nycest_1kAjUncaddo manReggie80coop9889Trollio In Your Moms RoomDaBullHyenaKilladeemula420gem$toneO.G. 16 votes
Prime Isiah Thomas
0%
Prime Kareem
0%
soul rattler 1 vote
Other (name names)
1%
BDBIIDaka40Cal 2 votes

Comments

• P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Kobe
    Kobe...and it's not even close
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Wilt
    Close the thread if Wilt is not mentioned and wins by a landslide, just look up his stats
  • tha bause
    tha bause Members Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Shaq
    No diss but who the hell would vote zeke????
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Jordan
    Prime Jordan name one player ? with that 88 Jordan ? won Allstar MVP DPOY League MVP Dunk Contest... Scoring leader and Steals leader. Plus only other player to score 3000 points in the season besides Wilt... Need I say more???
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other (name names)
    Cliff Robinson.
  • tha bause
    tha bause Members Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Shaq
    The BDB wrote: »
    Cliff Robinson.

BIG DOG

• P swayze166
    Options
    Prime Kobe
    tha bause wrote: »
    The BDB wrote: »
    Cliff Robinson.

BIG DOG

thats glen robinson....smh
  • P swayze166
    Options
    Prime Kobe
    Going with Prime Shaq...he literally could not be stopped.

he had to be given the ball though...he was useless outside of 6 feet from basket.....prime kobe dropped 81 on ? , why is this even a debate? smh
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Shaq
    Between Shaq and Jordan.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Shaq
    With no flopping? Prime Shaq, otherwise Kobe.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Kobe
    I voted Kobe only for the 81 point game and the consecutive 50 and 40 points games cause i watched them, but anyone from Kobe Jordan Shaq and Wilt is a good vote. Possibly lebron and Durant maybe in the discussion one day too but still too soon for them.
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shaq was more of an unstoppable force during the postseason he tended to cruise in somegames during the regular season. Wilt was a beast but gotdayum at taking almost 40 shots a night to get his numbers. Jordan was leading the league in pts while being the best defender in the game which says a lot, Id give him the slight edge.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Prime Jordan
    surprised nobody mentioned hakeem
    seeing how he dominated every 90s center when jordan wasnt ruling the league(shaq, david robinson, ewing).
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Prime Shaq
    Shaq.

C'mon, man. Outside of Mike, this shouldn't even be close. 99-03 Shaq was the most dominant force to ever play in the NBA.

Honestly, ANYONE who votes Kobe is a certified troll. Stop bullshittin.

(and yes, I AM aware that I didn't vote for Prime Abdul-Jabbar. We talking about one point of a career, not an entire one.)
  • CoolJoe
    Options
    Prime Shaq
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    surprised nobody mentioned hakeem
    seeing how he dominated every 90s center when jordan wasnt ruling the league(shaq, david robinson, ewing).

I thought that ? about Hakeem "dominating" Shaq was dispelled on this board already.
    Shaq did his numbers in that Finals matchup, Hakeem just played better.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Prime Wilt
    You gotta define unstoppable.

Shaq is the most unstoppable ? under the basket.
    On a full court fast break/driving to the hoop Lebron is easily the most unstoppable
    You need a bucket in the final moments of a game, iso situation? You could argue Kobe/Jordan.
    Wilt had one of the most unstoppable seasons ever, averaging 50 points 25 boards for a full season.
    etc...

You could interpret unstoppable way too many ways.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    Options
    Prime Shaq
    Shaq.

C'mon, man. Outside of Mike, this shouldn't even be close. 99-03 Shaq was the most dominant force to ever play in the NBA.

(and yes, I AM aware that I didn't vote for Prime Abdul-Jabbar. We talking about one point of a career, not an entire one.)

Stop it dun. Kobe is every bit as dominate as ANYONE this league has ever seen. You act like dude ain't score 81 points or like he didn't literally score more points than the opposing team on some occasions. Like Kobe wasn't dropping 50 points for 4 straight games or like he wasn't doing ? like hitting 12 3's in a single game, or straight dunking on centers every other play. Like he wasn't straight taking opponent's souls with game-winners and then giving them the "oh you thought you were going to win" look.

Prime Kobe was the definition of dominate. Dun would lock up your best wing player and drop 50 like it's nothing. Ask T-Mac, Vince, AI, Pierce, Jason Kidd, Ray Allen etc. how dominate Kobe was/is and they'll tell you. Kobe makes all the scorers of today look like role players.

? his dominance even bleeds into the new generation. Ask Westbrook, Melo, Chris Paul, Wade, Lebron, Rose, Durant what it is and they'll tell you. Kobe in his prime was the ULTIMATE NBA baller. Dude had everything from a 35-footer to a post game. He was clutch, he played defense, he had natural talent, and he worked his ass off. It doesn't get ANY better than that.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Kobe
    kobe mj wilt diesel no order
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Kobe
    No Prime Bird or Prime Magic tho
  • Reggie80
    Reggie80 Members Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Wilt
    Shaq.

In year 2000, during the regular season, Bryant averaged almost 29 points and five assists per game. How did these stats translate over to the NBA Finals? They lowered to 15 points and four assists per game.
    Shaquille O’Neal, on the other hand, raised his scoring average, from 28 in the regular season to 38 in the finals.
    In 2001, the Lakers once again won the NBA Finals. Kobe’s scoring average dropped in the clutch once again, forcing O’Neal to step up his scoring from 27 per game in the regular season to 33/16/5 in the finals.

In 2002, For the third straight year, Kobe’s scoring and assists declined in the finals and O’Neal of course stepped it up in the finals.
    Shaquille O'Neal: 36ppg 12rpg 3apg 59%FG
    Kobe Bryant: 26ppg 5rpg 5apg 51%FG

2003-2004 vs Detroit Pistons
    Shaquille O'Neal: 26ppg 10rpg 1apg 63%FG
    Kobe Bryant: 22ppg 2rpg 4apg 38%FG with Bean taking 6 more shots per game lol........
    ^^^^^
    Not to mention, logically, why should a player shooting with a much lower FGP average six more shots than a former three times finals MVP that was shooting a much higher percentage?

For his first three chips, Kobe had the privilege of watching Shaq put up three of most dominant finals performances ever. In fact at the time of Shaq’s third championship, he was averaging the most points per game in NBA finals history.

Lol at ? saying Kobe was more dominant than Shaq cause he put up 81 against Toronto.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Prime Wilt
    How could it not be Wilt. It does not matter if you ever seen him play. You just know.

from nba.com

Most games with 50+ points, 118; Most consecutive games with 40+ points, 14; Most consecutive games with 30+ points: 65; Most consecutive games with 20+ points: 126; Highest rookie scoring average: 37.6 ppg; Highest field goal percentage in a season: .727. And with many of these, the player in second place is far behind. His name appears so often in the scoring record books that his name could be the default response any time a question arises concerning a scoring record in the NBA.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    Options
    Prime Shaq
    Reggie80 wrote: »
    Shaq.

In year 2000, during the regular season, Bryant averaged almost 29 points and five assists per game. How did these stats translate over to the NBA Finals? They lowered to 15 points and four assists per game.
    Shaquille O’Neal, on the other hand, raised his scoring average, from 28 in the regular season to 38 in the finals.
    In 2001, the Lakers once again won the NBA Finals. Kobe’s scoring average dropped in the clutch once again, forcing O’Neal to step up his scoring from 27 per game in the regular season to 33/16/5 in the finals.

In 2002, For the third straight year, Kobe’s scoring and assists declined in the finals and O’Neal of course stepped it up in the finals.

Kobe Bryant: 22ppg 2rpg 4apg 38%FG with Bean taking 6 more shots per game lol........
    ^^^^^
    Not to mention, logically, why should a player shooting with a much lower FGP average six more shots than a former three times finals MVP that was shooting a much higher percentage?

For his first three chips, Kobe had the privilege of watching Shaq put up three of most dominant finals performances ever. In fact at the time of Shaq’s third championship, he was averaging the most points per game in NBA finals history.

Lol at ? saying Kobe was more dominant than Shaq cause he put up 81 against Toronto.

There's a lot of biased stats up there that I don't feel like rebutting, but Shaq's prime is NOT Kobe's prime idiot. That alone kills your argument since your base is off.

No one was saying Kobe was the GOAT with Shaq. Kobe's prime was well after the whole Shaq ? . SMH @ your ignorance.
  • CoolJoe
    Options
    Prime Shaq
    I really don't undertsand how Prime Kobe was as unstoppable as Prime Shaq or Prime Jordan.
    If Kobe was that unstoppable, he wouldn't have had a 3 year streak of not getting out the first round, come on now.

I would think the most unstoppable players will make serious noise in the playoffs, no matter how bad their teammates are.
  • Reggie80
    Reggie80 Members Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Prime Wilt
    Reggie80 wrote: »
    Shaq.

^^^^^

There's a lot of biased stats up there that I don't feel like rebutting, but Shaq's prime is NOT Kobe's prime idiot. That alone kills your argument since your base is off.

No one was saying Kobe was the GOAT with Shaq. Kobe's prime was well after the whole Shaq ? . SMH @ your ignorance.

I know that ? I was simply refefering to the truth writer post for the ? trolling saying Kobe prime was better than Shaq or anyone else's while throwing some shade at Bean cause you ? get all uptight whenever that happens.Plus what numbers are biased they are what they are. What would you consider Kobe's prime?
    Was it 05-07 when he was putting up ridiculous numbers but in the 3 seasons where Kobe did not have Shaq and Gasol, he failed to make it past the first round and he even once failed to lead his team to the playoffs. . There is no excuse for Kobe and the Lakers to lose a 7 game series against the Suns minus Amare and go 0 for 3 in chances to advance past the 1st round.

Or was it 08-10 when they won those back to back chips?

Either way Wilt Mike Shaq Kobe