Most Unstoppable NBA Player in his Prime

Options

Comments

• kAjUn
    kAjUn Members Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Wilt
    Wilt the Stilt. Bill Russell is considered the best defensive big man to ever play the game and Wilt dropped 50 or on him 7x's. Even Russell said even though his team was winning they couldn't stop Wilt.
  • aka40Cal
    aka40Cal Members Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other (name names)
    Tracy McGrady. I know imma catch some heat for this but watching this dude in his prime was amazing. Scored the ball as easy as anybody. Pretty good defender with his length. I always thought he was better than Kobe in his prime.
  • will grimey
    will grimey Members Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Wilt
    Wilt....averaging 50pts a game is UNSTOPPABLE...
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Hakeem
    the fact that the Dream was the best center and dominated on both ends of the floor while playing against a prime Ewing/Robinson/Rodman and a young Shaq/Mourning should say something. Shaq dominated in against mediocre competition and MJ played in an era where he really didnt have a rival and the star players were on different teams. Kobe spent his prime playing with a subpar team for the most part
  • Sir Lurkalot
    Sir Lurkalot Members Posts: 5,426 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Jordan
    Comes down to mj & shaq

...#23 forever
  • almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Shaq
    Yall ? want Kobe to be the answer to every question

Prime Bird
    Prime McGrady
    Prime Iverson
    and Prime Duncan deserve consideration...i have no clue why Isaiah's on here
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Shaq
    IT'S SHAQ DISEL, when you have GROWN ASS MEN ala White Sports Announcers call you "DADDY" as in MARV ALBERT you have to be an unstoppable force....

But i wasn't even a Shaq fan, i hated his ass in his prime and always rooted against his ass and the LAKERS, but an OG that i know who was a Laker fan told me the realest ? and pulled my card on why i hates Shaq... he said "I KNOW WHY YOU HATE SHAQ, IT'S BECAUSE HE'S THE MOST DOMINANT FORCE YOU EVER SEEN IN YOUR LIFE" i sit on back and thought it about and he was right, Shaq in his prime force his will on other Centers and team, He owned the paint and did what the ? he want to do, they drop the rock in the paint to shaq and he back you down and YAPP,lol........over and over and over and over and over and over and over again, with 2-3 dudes hanging on his arm and legs and still YOKING...SMH
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Shaq
    How could it not be Wilt. It does not matter if you ever seen him play. You just know.

from nba.com

Most games with 50+ points, 118; Most consecutive games with 40+ points, 14; Most consecutive games with 30+ points: 65; Most consecutive games with 20+ points: 126; Highest rookie scoring average: 37.6 ppg; Highest field goal percentage in a season: .727. And with many of these, the player in second place is far behind. His name appears so often in the scoring record books that his name could be the default response any time a question arises concerning a scoring record in the NBA.

STILT was, is, and always will be THE GREAT but i have to give it to Disel, WILT was playing with white boys, they aint never seen a ? that size, and skill in their life, STILT did as he please, the only brotha was Bill Russell but nobody could of ? with him until LEW ALCINDOR and that FRO came along
  • SocialAssassinRati
    SocialAssassinRati Members Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Shaq
    the fact that the Dream was the best center and dominated on both ends of the floor while playing against a prime Ewing/Robinson/Rodman and a young Shaq/Mourning should say something. Shaq dominated in against mediocre competition and MJ played in an era where he really didnt have a rival and the star players were on different teams. Kobe spent his prime playing with a subpar team for the most part

the entire NBA was MJ's rival...and there were other great players in his position...Drexler,Miller,Richmond,Dumars, and good players as well like Spree, Hornacek, and Steve Smith, ect.
  • Jeremyiahest83
    Jeremyiahest83 Members Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Kobe
    Someone do a "Most Underrated NBA players" thread. That ? would be dope.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Jordan
    Shaq was able to be stopped, just put him at the free throw line
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Kobe
    Between Kobe and Wilt. I'll just say Kobe because he had the most versatile offensive skillset ever.
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shaq was able to be stopped, just put him at the free throw line
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN7fndDd0B4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_8_7gorEug

freethrow battle.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Shaq
    was stuck between a prime Jordan nd prime Shaq but being 20 i seen Shaq in his prime nd caught Jordan towards da end of his career so i gotta roll wit Shaq. Dude demanded double nd triple teams every time he tocuhed da ball no way in hell could u guard him 1 on 1. His numbers are insane for someone who was considered "lazy" if he had worked out more dude coulda averaged around 40ppg
  • OhPee
    OhPee Members Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Kobe
    the Kobe Bryant of 2005/2006 was a created player
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Wilt
    prime Shaq best year was 29 and 13.

Kareem = 35 and 17
    Wilt = 50 and 25 ( vs 80% white boys tho)

Shaq was huge and NEVER EVER led the league in rebounding
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Shaq
    Shaq Diesel
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Jordan
    It's between MJ and Shaq.

MJ always wins...
  • OhPee
    OhPee Members Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Kobe
    It kills me that the prime years of Kobe were spent with Smush, Kwame, Mihm and Radmonivich
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Shaq
    How could it not be Wilt. It does not matter if you ever seen him play. You just know.

from nba.com

Most games with 50+ points, 118; Most consecutive games with 40+ points, 14; Most consecutive games with 30+ points: 65; Most consecutive games with 20+ points: 126; Highest rookie scoring average: 37.6 ppg; Highest field goal percentage in a season: .727. And with many of these, the player in second place is far behind. His name appears so often in the scoring record books that his name could be the default response any time a question arises concerning a scoring record in the NBA.

against who tho? bunch of 6'8 white men...

he was a beast but put ? into perspective

• Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Toss up between prime Jordan and prime Shaq.

Jordan is the best perimeter player ever and his will to win is unmatched in my opinion.

I saw Shaq get double and triple teamed and still got his numbers.

Regardless of whether you are a Kobe fan or not during those this 3 titles those were Shaq teams not Kobe teams.

That takes nothing away from Kobe though he's a top 10 player in NBA history that just happened to play with another top 10 player in NBA history.

If Shaq played for a lessor team and asserted himself like he could have he coulda averaged 35 and 20 for several seasons.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Jordan
    So Wilt is an option, but Bill Russell who has 11 rings isn't mentioned. That shouldn't even be considered other. I still voted Jordan though.

/thread
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Kobe
    Toss up between prime Jordan and prime Shaq.

Jordan is the best perimeter player ever and his will to win is unmatched in my opinion.

I saw Shaq get double and triple teamed and still got his numbers.

Regardless of whether you are a Kobe fan or not during those this 3 titles those were Shaq teams not Kobe teams.

That takes nothing away from Kobe though he's a top 10 player in NBA history that just happened to play with another top 10 player in NBA history.

If Shaq played for a lessor team and asserted himself like he could have he coulda averaged 35 and 20 for several seasons.

Shaq was on lesser teams more than he was on teams with Kobe and he never did that....? a coulda woulda shoulda, Kobe had a few minutes a game to do him with shaq and he still got numbers. Shaq was a force, but he could be stopped, spurs held him down many a night.....but I watched these games live, not with the espn nostalgic haze they put on you people....there's a reason shaq was on Lebron "never get it done" status before Kobe AND Phil came to the rescue....then he got gassed and played himself right out of Los Angeles.....if he was a pro like say gasol is and handled himself that way he coulda rode Kobe's coat tails to another 3-5 titles, and at the same time kept Kobe from getting his legendary status he now has......shaq was great, but he ai t ? with Kobe, MJ, even iverson when it came to being unstoppable...mainly because he was useless past 7 feet from basket.
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Kobe
    Prime iverson gets the nod after Kobe...dude at his peak was literally a problem.....his greediness and fg% says otherwise, but when he was on In the zone, nobody was ? with duke.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @P swayze166 ESPN didn't put anything on me I watched all those games and I'd rate Shaq as one of the top 5 or 6 players in history in his prime.

From about 99-04 you could have put him on just about any team and they would have been in the playoffs and probably contenders.

Kobe is a great player and probably the second best perimeter player ever in my opinion but he benefitted from playing with other greats.

Had he been drafted by lessor squads he would have maybe a title or two tops.

Shaq was so called lazy and out of shape half the time and was still putting up 29 and 13.

I remember a young Shaq taking the Magic to the Finals back and getting beat by a better Rockets squad.

Hakeem the Dream wasn't no such himself.

Shaq got outclassed by Hakeem but he still put his numbers up.