Most Unstoppable NBA Player in his Prime

Options

Comments

• Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Jordan
    ^ That game kobe scored 63 in 3 quarters he also had 25 ft attempts in 3 quarters which is ridiculous

And he Never dropped 60 in the playoffs matter of fact he's only scored 50 ONCE in the playoffs.Unstoppable players dominate all year not just in regular seasons like kobe
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^ That game kobe scored 63 in 3 quarters he also had 25 ft attempts in 3 quarters which is ridiculous

And he Never dropped 60 in the playoffs matter of fact he's only scored 50 ONCE in the playoffs.Unstoppable players dominate all year not just in regular seasons like kobe

Mavs players were getting ejected with Techs for going at the refs neck for the calls they were giving.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Kobe
    For the 12 people that voted Kobe, take two steps backwards, and then punch yourself in the ? face, are you going to sit here and tell me at any point Kobe was more unstoppable than Jordan? These ? ? babies ? me

Kobe scored 81 points, 50,60+ with almost ease against zone and triple teams....Kobe is a better scorer than MJ, that is an across the board agreed upon fact. You can argue MJ a better all around player, but as a scorer, nahhh son MJ ain't there.

Close.......but no cigar.

? shut the ? up!!!!

do you realize that MJ scored over 32000 pts in 15 seasons? and two of thoses seasons dont even count since he played less than 20 games in them. Kobe just got to 30k this year his 17th season

do you realize that MJ has avg over 30ppg 8x? Kobe did it 3x

Do you realize that MJ has the highest career scoring avg at 30ppg and it would be even higher sans the Wizards yrs? Kobe is down at like 25ppg

Do you realize that MJ has shot over 50% from the field?8X Kobe has NEVER done it

MJ has a career FG% of 50% KB 45%

MJ has a career 3pt% of 32% and Kobe 33%

MJ was damn near 40 ? years old avg 23ppg KB is 34 avg 26ppg

MJ has 10 scoring titles Kobe has 2

please explain to me how KB is a better scorer than MJ when history,stats,titles nothing suggests any of the sort.

You Kobe stans need to ? and pay homage to the gawd!!!

yall need to fix this approved comment ?

Too many feelings in this post, too much garbage spewed......Kobe could have those numbers easily, but he played with shaq and played a team concept for years.....and as far as scoring titles, Jordan never in same era as great scorers such as iverson and Durant and mcgrady.....Kobe played in the era of the greatest SCORERS in nba history. Try again you test tube baby.
  • P swayze166
    Options
    Prime Kobe
    It's Jordan easily.I don't recall kobe dropping 50-60+ points in the playoffs/finals Multiple times like MJ or winning 10 straight scoring titles.That's utter dominance and this was while being the focal point of every team every night your whole career

It's much harder to do that in the playoffs jordan dropped 54 in the ECF vs the #1 defense in the nba then dropped 54 in the finals in the same year putting up 41ppg during the series.That's unstoppable

All this post basically says is Jordan was just a ball hog and didnt embrace the team concept like Kobe did. So don't waste ya time reading this drivel.

Jordan scored 60 plus....and lost. Nobody gives a ? , take ya cape off its too tight around ya neck u rambling getting sonned again.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would say Collie, but y'all some haters. So I'll go with M.J. 1a and Shaq 1b.

If Shaq was at least a 60% free throw shooter, I would say him. Dude was just automatic and one of the few athletes of any sport that made you wonder if he was human in his prime.

I was born in '81, so these are probably the "Wow/WTF" player moments depending on your generation.

Born before the '80s = Jordan gliding from the free throw line.

Born in the '80s = Shaq breaking down the goal multiple times and forcing the league to make them "shaq-proof."

Born in the '90S = Kobe's 81 game.

Born in the '00s = Steve Francis' face.
  • P swayze166
    Options
    Prime Kobe
    You needa include any pick your moment from any series between the lakers and celtics, ? gave no ? about Jordan in the 80s, not until it was almost over atleast.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Prime Jordan
    It's Jordan easily.I don't recall kobe dropping 50-60+ points in the playoffs/finals Multiple times like MJ or winning 10 straight scoring titles.That's utter dominance and this was while being the focal point of every team every night your whole career

It's much harder to do that in the playoffs jordan dropped 54 in the ECF vs the #1 defense in the nba then dropped 54 in the finals in the same year putting up 41ppg during the series.That's unstoppable

All this post basically says is Jordan was just a ball hog and didnt embrace the team concept like Kobe did. So don't waste ya time reading this drivel.

Jordan scored 60 plus....and lost. Nobody gives a ? , take ya cape off its too tight around ya neck u rambling getting sonned again.

You're easily the waccest most emotional poster in cheap seats right now But I'll continue to son your ? .Jordan 50 point Playoff games 7.Kobe 1

Jordans record in those games 5-2(both losses were in ot's)

Kobe's record 0-1.The Topic is most unstoppable not who's team won in games that they scored 50+.Now catch feelings and flag this like u do all my posts u lil ?
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HyenaKilla wrote: »
    Wilt... Look it up...they made dunking illegal because of his dominance...

He would be my "Jim Brown" pick. Meaning all I can go off of are old ass highlights with missing frames and stats.

• In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Wilt
    Jordan is the goat. no question. But Wilt dominated at his time. Nobody was close to him as far as productiveness.
    50ppg in a season. enough said.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Prime Jordan

All this post basically says is Jordan was just a ball hog and didnt embrace the team concept like Kobe did.

Word that's why Jordan has averaged more assists for his career,More assists in the playoffs,11 assists in a finals,has a season averaging 8 assists a game which put him #1 in scoring and top 10 in the nba in assists and his career high for assists is higher than kobe's.He also had 12 straight games of 10+ assists

Now get mad catch feelings and flag this.You're my public ?
  • Reggie80
    Reggie80 Members Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Wilt
    For the 12 people that voted Kobe, take two steps backwards, and then punch yourself in the ? face, are you going to sit here and tell me at any point Kobe was more unstoppable than Jordan? These ? ? babies ? me

Kobe scored 81 points, 50,60+ with almost ease against zone and triple teams....Kobe is a better scorer than MJ, that is an across the board agreed upon fact. You can argue MJ a better all around player, but as a scorer, nahhh son MJ ain't there.

? shut the ? up!!!!

do you realize that MJ scored over 32000 pts in 15 seasons? and two of thoses seasons dont even count since he played less than 20 games in them. Kobe just got to 30k this year his 17th season

Do you realize that MJ has the highest career scoring avg at 30ppg and it would be even higher sans the Wizards yrs? Kobe is down at like 25ppg

Do you realize that MJ has shot over 50% from the field?8X Kobe has NEVER done it

please explain to me how KB is a better scorer than MJ when history,stats,titles nothing suggests any of the sort.

Too many feelings in this post, too much garbage spewed......Kobe could have those numbers easily, but he played with shaq and played a team concept for years.....and as far as scoring titles, Jordan never in same era as great scorers such as iverson and Durant and mcgrady.....Kobe played in the era of the greatest SCORERS in nba history. Try again you test tube baby.

Karl Malone Hakeem Olajuwon Dominique Wilkins Alex English Reggie Miller and Patrick Ewing would like to rebutt this comment. This ? trying include Durant like him and bean from the same era dickriding at it's finest. That's like making a argument for Moses Malone and then including Mike when Moses had his best scoring years before Mike even came in the league even though they played at the same time.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Wilt
    wilt says
    tumblr_lkyg82h6SA1qg45tj.gif
  • SocialAssassinRati
    SocialAssassinRati Members Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Shaq

? shut the ? up!!!!

Please continue to bless us with your seemingly infinite pool of basketball ignorance.
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it's Wilt then Jordan

Wilt
    50 ppg season
    100 point game
    30 ppg career avg(second to MJ)
    22.9 rpg career avg(highest of all-time)
    most points in a season(4,029)
    most points in a half(59)
    most consecutive 50,40,30,20 point games
    most ppg by a rookie(37.6)
    most free throws made in a game(shared with Adrian Dantley)
    most seasons leading the league in rebounding(11)
    most rebounds in a game(55)
    most consecutive triple doubles(9)
    only player in NBA history to record a double-triple-double(20+ of any category) 22 points,25 rebounds,21 assists
    only player in NBA history to record a quadruple double-double(two of either 40 points,40 rebounds or 40 assists) he did this 5 times

after critics called him one-dimensional Chamberlain led the league in total assists the next season(702)
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Prime Kobe
    patrick ewing though
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Kobe
    Reggie80 wrote: »

? shut the ? up!!!!

Karl Malone Hakeem Olajuwon Dominique Wilkins Alex English Reggie Miller and Patrick Ewing would like to rebutt this comment. This ? trying include Durant like him and bean from the same era dickriding at it's finest. That's like making a argument for Moses Malone and then including Mike when Moses had his best scoring years before Mike even came in the league even though they played at the same time.

Dog, Kobe finished second in scoring just last year to Durant.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Kobe
    I was at a Sonics vs. Lakers game Durant's rookie year where Kobe dropped 49 on his head.
  • P swayze166
    Options
    Prime Kobe
    damn bilfiger losing hard along with his sorority of reggie and social whatever....yall gotta step it up, gop to the baseball thread yall ? dont know jack about ball, its disgusting
  • SocialAssassinRati
    SocialAssassinRati Members Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Prime Shaq

? shut the ? up!!!!

Since when has Kobe even been a team player bruh?

But youre right because MJ didn't play against kareem, nique, Barkley, Malone, English, bird, dantley, drexler, king ect

You're absolutely right MJ never played against dynamic scorers in an era where you could actually d up your opponent with more than just a stare before they called fouls.

Oh yea thats right hand checking, back forearms and other means of tough physical defense were legal back then. But you're absolutely right now because despite MJ's higher FG percentages (seasons and career) , ppg avg, career pts total in less games, and their virtually equal 3pt% and ft%... Mjs 10 scoring titles and if I'm not mistaken 8 of them were consecutive... To Kobes 81 pt game none of that means ? ....

My bad I had it all wrong all this time I thought that stats, history, titles, rings, and impact determined who was greater and in this case better offensively but clearly the criteria is who can ? the most ? in Colorado and get away with it.

"Kobe" *Dave Chappelle voice*
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    how do we know lebron is in his prime?
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options

Jordan averaged 5.3 assists per game kobe is now averaging 4.7 tell me who is more of a team player.
  • Chase N Bundlez
    Chase N Bundlez Members Posts: 5,040 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Jordan
    CoolJoe wrote: »
    I really don't undertsand how Prime Kobe was as unstoppable as Prime Shaq or Prime Jordan.

If Kobe was that unstoppable, he wouldn't have had a 3 year streak of not getting out the first round, come on now.

I would think the most unstoppable players will make serious noise in the playoffs, no matter how bad their teammates are.

? that, if he was that unstoppable he wouldve had more than 2 scoring titles and not let AI, T Mac, LBJ, KD, and Wade eat.

One thing wit MJ, when he was playing u could just chalk up coming in 2nd in ppg before the season even starts...word.
  • Reggie80
    Reggie80 Members Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Wilt
    patrick ewing though

My point from that is he scored more points than anyone P was talking about.What do you mean P Ewing is he not a all time top 20 scorer?
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Reggie80 wrote: »

? shut the ? up!!!!

Dog, Kobe finished second in scoring just last year to Durant.

And Mike finished second too no man for 10 years,really b way too bring up the facts Kobe and Durant aren't from the same era Kobe is in the tail end Durant is in his prime sorta like when Dr.J passed the torch too Mike jesus christ.

Oh yeah and ? stay bringing up that 81 point game while very impressive wasn't even better than Mike's 69 point game against Cleveland overall.

Plus before you ? ? say oh who cares about rebounds I can recall the same ? being said when Bean choked in that game 7 oh but he got 14 rebounds he was still controlling the game oh 23 points and 14 rebounds wasn't choking blah blah blah..Thank artest and Gasol for the last chip cause your boy choked.

• playmaker88
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Prime Kobe
    lol do you cats see the silly ? yall are saying

this cat thought he dropped major ether when he put Jordans 5.3 career assist to Kobes 4.7 implying that Kobe is a otherworldy ballhog for averagin .6 less assist per game... and Jordan averages roughly 3 more shot per game thank Kobe does at this point... instead of being irrational just leave it at... i just hate him..