Do you remember the first time you DUNKED?

Options

Comments

• jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    11th grade...after 12th grade I couldn't anymore. ? .

lol word 1st time in 11th grade and besides a couple weeks ago Ive done it 1 time in like 3 years, I dont even attempt to dunk anymore ? just hurts my hands, my ? calloused over from grabbing the rim too much
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    10th grade at Cadwalader Park out Trenton, on a fastbreak
  • SocialAssassinRati
    SocialAssassinRati Members Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    11th grade...after 12th grade I couldn't anymore. ? .

lol word 1st time in 11th grade and besides a couple weeks ago Ive done it 1 time in like 3 years, I dont even attempt to dunk anymore ? just hurts my hands, my ? calloused over from grabbing the rim too much

word I dunked at this gym like last month...my ankle been ? up every since lol I came down wrong #LAUCE
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    12th Grade Power Rebound dunk in a pick-up game Barkley style... Grabbed a board came down with it, gathered myself and 2 hand dunked over 2 dudes... I was about 6'2 @ the time but cursed with bad knees and ankles... I think I dunked like 5 times after that. smh @ the shame I feel when on a fast break and everyone is like "DUNK THAT ? " and I lay it up and all I hear is "AWWWW MAN YOU AIN ? "

lol. At least you can do a mean finger roll.

• GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jay83 wrote: »
    12th Grade Power Rebound dunk in a pick-up game Barkley style... Grabbed a board came down with it, gathered myself and 2 hand dunked over 2 dudes... I was about 6'2 @ the time but cursed with bad knees and ankles... I think I dunked like 5 times after that. smh @ the shame I feel when on a fast break and everyone is like "DUNK THAT ? " and I lay it up and all I hear is "AWWWW MAN YOU AIN ? "

lol. At least you can do a mean finger roll.

Not even... nowadays I'd pull up for a jumper... it's a higher percentage shot than a layup for me #FAIL
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    8th grade..saw a ? I didn't like n the lane and yoked on his ass.. was 6'3
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    how could i forget.....i ? it up trying to stunt tho.....went up, double pumped, and brought it home......

but i left it submerged too long and my damn oreo crumbled and went to the bottom of the cup
  • [Trillmatic]
    [Trillmatic] Members Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Double Dribble for NES.......? was goat.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    on ani'm thinking it was around the Christmas of '92 or '93 when my dad finally got us an adjustable goal for christmas. but dunking a 10ft goal? without a trampoline? i'm still waiting on that memory
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Was always able to grab the rim two hands, but one day when I was about 14, got a pass around the basket, took one bounce and boom. Surprised myself. I'm one of those dudes that had great hops but was'nt a dunker.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited February 2013
    Options
    16ish, weight like 140 in wet boots lol, prob like 6'0 max baby faced ass Bandit, reg pick up game balling in a gym teammate got the steal (i thought i was out but some Cop in training sped right past me without me noticing) passed me the ball i jumped a lil behind the second dot line cop jumped up i end up dunking on him and he fell.

A young Bandit was hyped as ? being that was my first dunk, place got live when i dunked, my ? were there, and hella hoes was in there.

went home feeling like i won the Ship
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5'10 but got a 6'3 wing span and big ass hands for no reason on some Rondo ? so I can palm the ball easy. My friend threw a oop and I put it down clean as hell. I felt like a ? lol. I can grab the rim easy but that was the only time I dunked. I never really try it. now that I think about it I should be taller. I wear a 13 sometimes 14 me and ? need to have a discussion.
    ? a dunk tho. wild ass layup>>>
  • king hassan
    Options
    J-Breezy wrote: »
    5'10 but got a 6'3 wing span and big ass hands for no reason on some Rondo ? so I can palm the ball easy. My friend threw a oop and I put it down clean as hell. I felt like a ? lol. I can grab the rim easy but that was the only time I dunked. I never really try it. now that I think about it I should be taller. I wear a 13 sometimes 14 me and ? need to have a discussion.

Lol my great uncle was like that. 5"9 with a crazy wingspan and big ass hands
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

lol ppl always do that to me
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When I was in the 10th grade, I couldn't beat my older cousin for ? and I grew 4 inches that year and got to 5'11 , he was 6'3.
    We was playing 21 and I finally had the lead so, I freaked'em with the Iverson crossover and ran as fast as I could to the goal and dunked, I couldn't believe it I just hung there for a minute Lol.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

it's a curse lol. I never hear the end of that ? . I remember I was hoopin in the hood at Joe D it was kinda like AAU and this ? was like "gotdamn you got some big ass hands. you bet not never finger yo girl. and look at his feet that ? got some boats on" I laughed but I dropped 30 and told that ? to tell his girl bout me.
  • king hassan
    Options

it's a curse lol. I never hear the end of that ? . I remember I was hoopin in the hood at Joe D it was kinda like AAU and this ? was like "gotdamn you got some big ass hands. you bet not never finger yo girl. and look at his feet that ? got some boats on" I laughed but I dropped 30 and told that ? to tell his girl bout me.

That was my uncle, ? had big ass hands and feet, like he never grew into his body, and his arms reached to his knees. But all his brothers were over 6ft
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    5' 8" ? saying ? yall tall ? ...

Lol ? I'm 5'8 too and I been grabbing the rim since 10th grade. Dunked 1st time off a put back at the park around my neighborhood when I was 15 later that summer. I was surprised as ? but happy as ? . ? wanted to just quit playing after that like that was my Al Bundy 4 td's in one game moment lol
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Anti_matter
    Anti_matter Members Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    8th grade P.E. class...

i was rockin' these at the time.

adidas-kobe-shoes-5-b.JPG
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Was always able to grab the rim two hands, but one day when I was about 14, got a pass around the basket, took one bounce and boom. Surprised myself. I'm one of those dudes that had great hops but was'nt a dunker.

I bet ya pops ? you up for breaking that peach basket
  • thegreatunknown
    thegreatunknown Members Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Junior yr, I was about 5'10 and still chubby( I'm 6'3" and in shape now)..It was on a broken play..got the ball on the left baseline, took about three dribbles and jumped off two feet and banged it..gym went crazy. Got my second dunk 5 mins later cherry picking lol. I haven't played an actual game in about 10/11 years..but once a year I'll go the gym to see if I can still dunk..and I can. Somehow I'm still able to dunk off one foot and both feet, still can get it down with two hands too.