Do you remember the first time you DUNKED?

Options
13»

Comments

• sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When i was about 14. I remember one day I was out on the playground trying to practice dunking for hours
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    13 years old at fort stevens recreation center in the lay-up line for a summer league rec game
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    My senior year at eastern southern maricopa county college. 12 seconds left, down by 2. I didn't see a shot, so I said ? it and jumped from behind the 3 point line and shattered the rim. First ever 3 point dunk
  • aka_OG
    aka_OG Members Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    grade 10, the rim was kinda low tho. 0 ? were given at the time.
  • Cigarello Slim
    Cigarello Slim Members Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    01149.jpg

Ain't touched a rim since
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My senior year at eastern southern maricopa county college. 12 seconds left, down by 2. I didn't see a shot, so I said ? it and jumped from behind the 3 point line and shattered the rim. First ever 3 point dunk

? this post. 'Cause I was the one guarding him.
  • Cigarello Slim
    Cigarello Slim Members Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? this post. 'Cause I was the one guarding him.

Well damn what happened? From the 3 pt. line? ? must've jumped off of you lol.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J-Breezy wrote: »
    5'10 but got a 6'3 wing span and big ass hands for no reason on some Rondo ? so I can palm the ball easy. My friend threw a oop and I put it down clean as hell. I felt like a ? lol. I can grab the rim easy but that was the only time I dunked. I never really try it. now that I think about it I should be taller. I wear a 13 sometimes 14 me and ? need to have a discussion.
    ? a dunk tho. wild ass layup>>>

Lol my great uncle was like that. 5"9 with a crazy wingspan and big ass hands

it's a curse lol. I never hear the end of that ? . I remember I was hoopin in the hood at Joe D it was kinda like AAU and this ? was like "gotdamn you got some big ass hands. you bet not never finger yo girl. and look at his feet that ? got some boats on" I laughed but I dropped 30 and told that ? to tell his girl bout me.

Ducktales, ? get shot at the hood Joe dumars for less all the time
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On a regulation: in the driveway in 10th grade. What's hilarious is that I was about 5'10'' 280+ and rose up and threw it down on my homie Rico's head (R.I.P.). I spent that whole summer being that "fat ? that dunks." We moved 2 years later, I lost weight, grew 7-8 inches... and I ain't dunked since lol.

Lowkey hate going on a court to hoop because everybody think I'm supposed to be some And 1/ex-NBA player because of how I'm built now lol.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea on a 8 and 9 foot rim, I'm 6 feet n I've been able to grab regulation rim for the longest but never just yammed, I MIGHT have poked one in on a alley once. Maybe.
  • mrtdb
    mrtdb Members Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    10th grade...I had just purchased 2k...and drove through the lane with Lebron...I remember it like it was yesterday...soft defense...no help...easy 2 points
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was 14yrs old and 6 foot at the time finishing 9th grade. I was playing defense against some short ? that had handles. He was very quick and tried a crossover move on me but I saw it coming before he even tried and he got cookied. I ran after the ball and picked it up. While at mid court I dribbled twice and took two steps taking off with my left foot and dunking with my right. When I stole the rock from son I didn't know he was behind chasing me. He went up and tried to block but got dunked on. I gave him a dead stare and threw a chest pass at him while he was about to inbound and told him to "sign my rock."
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Alley oop in a pickup game then followed it up with a put back dunk. Felt like I could fly. Then my homie whom is just 5'10" two hand dunked on a fast break. I felt ? !
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cybertr0n wrote: »
    I was 14yrs old and 6 foot at the time finishing 9th grade. I was playing defense against some short ? that had handles. He was very quick and tried a crossover move on me but I saw it coming before he even tried and he got cookied. I ran after the ball and picked it up. While at mid court I dribbled twice and took two steps taking off with my left foot and dunking with my right. When I stole the rock from son I didn't know he was behind chasing me. He went up and tried to block but got dunked on. I gave him a dead stare and threw a chest pass at him while he was about to inbound and told him to "sign my rock."

is that really how it happened the first time?
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    6 Foot 3 With A 2 Inch Vertical NH
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    nawledge_? wrote: »

Tall dudes that can't dunk is a oxymoron. My homie 6"8' and flat footed as hell
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nawledge_? wrote: »

Tall dudes that can't dunk is a oxymoron. My homie 6"8' and flat footed as hell

I Got A Few Things Going Against Me

- I'm Built More For The Pro Bowl Than The NBA All-Star Game
    - I'm Mexican
    - Not Very Athletic
    - Never Tried To Develop My Speed And/Or Hops Whenever I Did Ball
    - My Basketball Career Started And Ended In The Harveyworld Milk Crate League
    - Did I Mention I'm Mexican?
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    freshman year in high school was in basketball practice and was alone on a fastbreak and i did a tomahawk.

i used to throw it down like lebron on the break. i got long arms so i really got alot of extension.

came in 2nd my senior at my high school dunk contest for homecoming. the dude who came in first durrell summers dunked from the free throw line. he was an all american and went to michgan state.

same dude who dunked on stanley robinson at the final 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R9h-_drCm4
  • matt2
    matt2 Members Posts: 430 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    01149.jpg

Ain't touched a rim since