Why they ruin Allstar weekend?

13»

Comments

• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    R.D. wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Doubletee wrote: »
    Lebron said it himself that he's a game dunker what else do yall what him to do...and whos to say that if hes in it he'll win it anyway???i just think these guys who have been in the nba dunk contest just havent been creative...i like the idea blake had when he brought out the kia but ? if you go jump over a car "jump over the car!!" not the damn hood.

? that. Bron was in the high school dunk contest.... he can do all the dunks theses ? be doin ad he jumps higher.... just him being in it is good for the game and for fans.... ? just being selfish

he was wack in that contest and he cant jump like Shannon Brown or Gerald Green

my point is how can no be scared to be in a high school dunk contest which he won then have every excuse to not be in the NBA one? Its a joke anyway with all the missed dunks and is only 2 rounds.. hell he can just do his 2 handed windmill from the free throw line and get a 50 and be in the finals
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dunk contest was weak, they might as well played 21 instead
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    I would rather see 1 on 1 contests before i would another dunk contest. The dunk contest is played out due to lack of star power. They should have all of those who qualify for the all-star game put their name in a hat or whatever, draw two names and they go at it, first to 5 points until the last man is standing. As added incentive to the players, the winning players conference gets home court advantage during the 'offs.

Bud Selig is that you?
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    these superstars are too spoil I would've thought I see wade in atleast one slam dunk contest in his career

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lebron said it himself that he's a game dunker what else do yall what him to do...and whos to say that if hes in it he'll win it anyway???i just think these guys who have been in the nba dunk contest just havent been creative...i like the idea blake had when he brought out the kia but ? if you go jump over a car "jump over the car!!" not the damn hood.

? that. Bron was in the high school dunk contest.... he can do all the dunks theses ? be doin ad he jumps higher.... just him being in it is good for the game and for fans.... ? just being selfish

I was going to post that contest as probably the biggest reason he shouldnt enter the NBA contest, I guess you could argue he was only in high school then but I think you would get the same results, disapointment
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    all star weekend is trash anyways. Has been for a long time.
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Need to incorporate a 90s legends game with all the NBA players from the 90s.......dunk off is getting lame each year.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    U know an all star weekend was trash when the most memorable thing from it was the line:

"Me encanta cuando me llamas grande papi!!"
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    [img]https://sphotos-b.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/c26.0.403.403/p403x403/525641_591428597552335_41824111_n.jpg[/img]

Why she dressed like the little Mexican girls in the Katt Williams joke? Got a tutu and flip flops on at a basketball game. ? outta here letting these kids dress themselves.
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    knights wrote: »
    [img]https://sphotos-b.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/c26.0.403.403/p403x403/525641_591428597552335_41824111_n.jpg[/img]

Why she dressed like the little Mexican girls in the Katt Williams joke? Got a tutu and flip flops on at a basketball game. ? outta here letting these kids dress themselves.

"Where is SHE GOIN??? Where is she going??"
  • 2 Drawlz
    2 Drawlz Members Posts: 777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dunk contest is wack, because 96% of the dunks, have been seen.
    The NBA plays a huge role, in the decline as well .

every time the league has a solid competition.
    the NBA tends to stiff out the more deserving candidates , for the more popular ones.

2011 with Blake Griffin and Iggy vs. Nate Are recent ones that come to mind. Guys like Iggy, Javelle, Demmar,Ibaka, and others are like ? it.

It has ? to do with star power
    the stars will be doing do the same dunks .the ? we complaing about are doing.

Every body talking Jordan this, Nique that
    them ? was doing the same as routines every competition.

• KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 Drawlz wrote: »
    The dunk contest is wack, because 96% of the dunks, have been seen.
    The NBA plays a huge role, in the decline as well .

every time the league has a solid competition.
    the NBA tends to stiff out the more deserving candidates , for the more popular ones.

2011 with Blake Griffin and Iggy vs. Nate Are recent ones that come to mind. Guys like Iggy, Javelle, Demmar,Ibaka, and others are like ? it.

It has ? to do with star power
    the stars will be doing do the same dunks .the ? we complaing about are doing.

Every body talking Jordan this, Nique that
    them ? was doing the same as routines every competition.

Yeah, they highlighted that ? by mistake on ESPN. Showed footage of the contests Jordan was in and it was like the only thing that change was the clarity of the picture due to improvements in technology.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1of1 wrote: »
    Zach Randolph vs. Demarcus Cousins 1 on 1

da niggardom bowl lol

lol. The trophy is a gold mini-statue of Trinidad James. Runner-up gets Jeromy-Rome's gold toofis.
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

my point is how can no be scared to be in a high school dunk contest which he won then have every excuse to not be in the NBA one? Its a joke anyway with all the missed dunks and is only 2 rounds.. hell he can just do his 2 handed windmill from the free throw line and get a 50 and be in the finals

huh?

you think LJ has more of an ego issue now than then? c'mon son... i dont feel like seeing ESPN doing 15 hrs a day of Lebron losing the dunk contest.. or 18 hrs of him winning it..
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to have a 1 on 1 tournament with 8 players bracket style. Winner get's 1 million. No dunk contest.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

Duke really jumped over a dude in game

u cant use him jumpin ova John Lucas as a reference in a dunk contest lls its too late for Bron to do it in his 10th year in da league but he shoulda tried it at least once IMO unless he scared of injury or sumthin. personally iont think he woulda had da creativity to have any memorable dunks but it woulda got ratings nd been good for da fans