I finally got around to watch Transformers 1,2&3 And.....

Options
stupot0607
stupot0607 Members Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
...First of all they were awesome films, i really enjoyed them, being a transformers fan when i was a kid, and seeing the effects are just mindblowing....

BUT...

They are filled with American Military propaganda, the dialouge, the situations they get in. The fact you never see one military person get wounded or die in a realistic way. The whole freedom ? by optimus. The fact the main character is called Sam (uncle sam) and the whole "you can be a soilder too" message. The fact that the transformers where helping the americans against the middle east. they are so filled up that it almost ruins the series...

Just the next time you watch one of the films, think of a Military Commercials....

Disclaimer: i am not a conspiracy nut & the fact im english doesnt change me or mean i hate all americans.

Oh & the girls in the films! ? me..............

Comments

• cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    stupot0607 wrote: »
    ...First of all they were awesome films, i really enjoyed them, being a transformers fan when i was a kid, and seeing the effects are just mindblowing....

BUT...

They are filled with American Military propaganda, the dialouge, the situations they get in. The fact you never see one military person get wounded or die in a realistic way. The whole freedom ? by optimus. The fact the main character is called Sam (uncle sam) and the whole "you can be a soilder too" message. The fact that the transformers where helping the americans against the middle east. they are so filled up that it almost ruins the series...

Just the next time you watch one of the films, think of a Military Commercials....

Disclaimer: i am not a conspiracy nut & the fact im english doesnt change me or mean i hate all americans.

What's wrong with being a conspiracy nut?
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everything in Transformers was ? other than the action. I never pay attention to anything but the explosions and bullet spray.
  • Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never mind the fact that they're pieces of ? films with plot holes the size of the grand canyon
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @t/s there is always a military/paramilitary presence in all superhero movies except for ghostrider or punisher.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Never mind the fact that they're pieces of ? films with plot holes the size of the grand canyon

in Part 3 Bumblebee shown taken prisoner, hands up in the air...... totally defeated

and then the very,very next scene he is shown fighting along side the other Autobots
    WTF???

no battle scars, no explanation or nothing
    I mean he was just THERE

superhero,action movie whatever

that ? was beyond incompetence on the editor and director part

completely inexcusable
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cobbland wrote: »
    stupot0607 wrote: »

BUT...

What's wrong with being a conspiracy nut?

Everything...
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I Was Too Disgusted WIth Them At First Glance To Find Deeper Meaning Or Subtle Messages
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other than the action..? the transformers series. In the last movie ain't no way them ? could win. Not even with both sential prime and Megatron dead, they were simply too out numbered.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    Everything in Transformers was ? other than the action. I never pay attention to anything but the explosions and bullet spray.

I was going to argue with this and then I thought about it. You're right. I enjoyed all three movies, but that's mostly because I turned my brain off. The action was good and I'll even say some of the comedy was decent, but if you were expecting more than that you'll be disappointed.

That said, it amazes me when people expect a lot more than that from movies like Transformers and G.I. Joe. I'm not saying you couldn't make great movies from these franchises, but the source material was pretty cheesy when you go back and look so it shouldn't be all that unexpected that the movies made aren't much better.

• rage
    Options

I was going to argue with this and then I thought about it. You're right. I enjoyed all three movies, but that's mostly because I turned my brain off. The action was good and I'll even say some of the comedy was decent, but if you were expecting more than that you'll be disappointed.

That said, it amazes me when people expect a lot more than that from movies like Transformers and G.I. Joe. I'm not saying you couldn't make great movies from these franchises, but the source material was pretty cheesy when you go back and look so it shouldn't be all that unexpected that the movies made aren't much better.

I dont buy this..

Transformers and Gi Joe while cheesy in its origins...can be made into a good to great movie. With the right script, actors and DIRECTOR! Michael Bay has made increasingly ? ? since the Island. Look at the Batman franchise...it went from abject cheesy ? to the benchmark for superhero movies with the right director and actors. Give Katherine Bigalow the Gi Joe franchise and see what happens, give JJ the Transformers franchise and see what happens.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    rage wrote: »

I dont buy this..

Transformers and Gi Joe while cheesy in its origins...can be made into a good to great movie. With the right script, actors and DIRECTOR! Michael Bay has made increasingly ? ? since the Island. Look at the Batman franchise...it went from abject cheesy ? to the benchmark for superhero movies with the right director and actors. Give Katherine Bigalow the Gi Joe franchise and see what happens, give JJ the Transformers franchise and see what happens.

big co-sign on this

saying it's "just a Transformers" movie is a sorry cop-out

and no excuse for ? editing,directing, and acting

these basic foundations of what makes a movie enjoyable

should not be half-assed because of the genre

unless it's straight up satirical exploitation on the level of "Grindhouse" and "Machete"
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The comics of both TF and Gi Joe were far from cheesy. My issue with the TF movies is that they tried too hard to be funny and it just came out corny. Ninja Turtles did a great job of blending humor with action in a none cheesy way.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After watching all 3:

1>>3>>>>2
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    lol @ threadstarter just now being shocked - SHOCKED! - by the presence of ignorance in the Transformers films. He realize the 2nd flick was the one w/ The Coonbots (iirc their names were Mudflap & Sleep-n-Eat) tap dancing and singing Dixie, right? imo Military Propaganda is kind of the least of yo worries when you got Autobots w/ gold teeth eating watermelon smfh.

LMAO @ kufi-wearing Poor Righteous Teacher cats that write articles about how Jay-Z is a black slave master, then pay money to support Transformers 2. I know you ? are out there....
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BUMBLEBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

I dont buy this..

Read what I said again. Your post doesn't disagree with what I said. I specifically acknowledged that both franchises could have been turned into something good. I just pointed out that no one should have been surprised that they didn't. Seriously, go back and look at old school GI Joe and Transformers. If some good director took either of those and made something tight, I'd give them props. But I'm not about to be like "? Bay ruined the greatest thing ever by making a movie with lots of explosions and robots changing shapes" when the movie was based on a cartoon that pretty much involved lots of explosions and robots changing shapes and little else.
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    good movies.. one of the best trilogies ever. Mike Bay is replacing Shia with Mark Wahlberg in part 4 so expect some next level badassery with extra amounts of no ? given about the haters.
  • rage
    Options

I dont buy this..

Read what I said again. Your post doesn't disagree with what I said. I specifically acknowledged that both franchises could have been turned into something good. I just pointed out that no one should have been surprised that they didn't. Seriously, go back and look at old school GI Joe and Transformers. If some good director took either of those and made something tight, I'd give them props. But I'm not about to be like "? Bay ruined the greatest thing ever by making a movie with lots of explosions and robots changing shapes" when the movie was based on a cartoon that pretty much involved lots of explosions and robots changing shapes and little else.

But thats not what ruined those movies...if anything those were the best parts of the movies. The worst part of those movies was the TERRIBLE scripts, TERRIBLE acting performances, TERRIBLE direction. All of that has nothing to do with the 80's TV shows.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

I dont buy this..

But thats not what ruined those movies...if anything those were the best parts of the movies. The worst part of those movies was the TERRIBLE scripts, TERRIBLE acting performances, TERRIBLE direction. All of that has nothing to do with the 80's TV shows.

It absolutely has to do with the source material. If you have a solid base on which to work, the scripts and direction basically are already in place. You just have to do some fine tuning for the change in media. If you're taking something from a weak base, then that puts more on the people behind the movie to create and opens the door to them ? it up. Now the terrible acting, you're right, has nothing to do with the source material.
  • rage
    Options

I dont buy this..

It absolutely has to do with the source material. If you have a solid base on which to work, the scripts and direction basically are already in place. You just have to do some fine tuning for the change in media. If you're taking something from a weak base, then that puts more on the people behind the movie to create and opens the door to them ? it up. Now the terrible acting, you're right, has nothing to do with the source material.

Absolutely...but nothing good or great ever comes from going the easy route. A good script would be hard to write...absolutely....so get it done, do the hard work. The thing is M.Bay took the easy route and put out some rushed ? because thats all he is capable of.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I stopped watching after "Robot Heaven". I mean literally, I walked out the theater when I saw that nonsense...
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Megan fox is overrated
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

I dont buy this..

Absolutely...but nothing good or great ever comes from going the easy route. A good script would be hard to write...absolutely....so get it done, do the hard work. The thing is M.Bay took the easy route and put out some rushed ? because thats all he is capable of.

Hey, I don't disagree with you. I'm just pointing out that there are stories that write themselves and that even bad directors can't mess up. GI Joe and Transformers just aren't examples of that.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the way megatron was destroyed is woat