Colin Cowherd calls Pacers fans Beer Drinkin Inbreed Racist Rednecks that hates Dunking Negroes

Options

Comments

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    lol that makes no sense. His argument is built on a fallacy. He is saying that some level of racism is the cause of the poor attendance. Well then How can it be racist if you support the black players for the colts but you don't support the black players for the Pacers? Its not racist. He can't bring up race is an issue and then turn around and say its not an issue with the Colts. Its just not liking the nba anymore and not wanting to buy a 'reasonably priced' ticket in the cheap seats. Colin is a troll, but usually a good troll. This isn't one of those times.

Well its a difference between Black players being at the forefront for the pacers and Colts who have Andrew Luck who

is the face of the franchise . Andrew Luck(white) is considered to be the most important player of that franchise.

Someone the white crowd can "relate to" so to speak .

While that is true, you got to look at recent sports history when it comes to attendance figures. Folks ain't paying to go see no bad team in this economy. Most teams that aren't winning consistently, and even some that are, have seen attendance numbers drop over the past few years. Add in that most recently in Indy the most successful team has been the Colts because of what Manning did from 98-2011 and it makes sense that the Colts would have more support right now. Before Manning came to the Colts, the Pacers and the Hoosiers were the top draw. They both until recent haven't been that good so people put their support/money towards the successful team
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Respect to those who aren't afraid of hot subjects. Collin doesn't start ? that he can't win.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1. I agree with him.

2. He should get suspended or something for that just out of fairness. If Rush Limbaugh can't make the same kinds of statements on ESPN about Blacks, neither should he.

But yeah, Cowherd >>>>
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    lol that makes no sense. His argument is built on a fallacy. He is saying that some level of racism is the cause of the poor attendance. Well then How can it be racist if you support the black players for the colts but you don't support the black players for the Pacers? Its not racist. He can't bring up race is an issue and then turn around and say its not an issue with the Colts. Its just not liking the nba anymore and not wanting to buy a 'reasonably priced' ticket in the cheap seats. Colin is a troll, but usually a good troll. This isn't one of those times.

Well its a difference between Black players being at the forefront for the pacers and Colts who have Andrew Luck who

is the face of the franchise . Andrew Luck(white) is considered to be the most important player of that franchise.

While that is true, you got to look at recent sports history when it comes to attendance figures. Folks ain't paying to go see no bad team in this economy. Most teams that aren't winning consistently, and even some that are, have seen attendance numbers drop over the past few years. Add in that most recently in Indy the most successful team has been the Colts because of what Manning did from 98-2011 and it makes sense that the Colts would have more support right now. Before Manning came to the Colts, the Pacers and the Hoosiers were the top draw. They both until recent haven't been that good so people put their support/money towards the successful team

But the point Cowherd was making is that Indy always likes to touts itself as a great basketball state and how they support basketball better than anywhere else. The Pacers have been good for the last 2 years. The Redskins can be garbage ofr 20 years and that ? is still sold out every Sunday. Not saying the PAcers should be selling out but they should have more fan support.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Respect to those who aren't afraid of hot subjects. Collin doesn't start ? that he can't win.

he can't win this one. he rattles off about alot of stuff that makes no sense. and this makes no sense. at least based on what is stated in the article. I'm sure some of it was explained in more detail on his show and this little "clip" doesn't do justice to his argument. I don't know. but based on what is quoted in the article and based on the facts about previous attendance and based on the actual definition of racism, this is something he cannot win because its an extremely weak argument.
  • Matt-
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »

But the point Cowherd was making is that Indy always likes to touts itself as a great basketball state and how they support basketball better than anywhere else. The Pacers have been good for the last 2 years. The Redskins can be garbage ofr 20 years and that ? is still sold out every Sunday. Not saying the PAcers should be selling out but they should have more fan support.

the point Cowherd, and others have made (based on this article/thread) is that:

1. they have a reputation as a "basketball state"
    2. the city of Indianapolis doesn't fully support the Pacers
    3. the city does support the Colts
    4. There is no explanation for this, so it must be about race.

I don't see how any person can hear/read this and think,

"oh man, he makes a great point"

rational people don't think that. but you know who does?

ancient-aliens.jpg

• nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this is a ? lazy argument
    the reality is, they have a poor pr department and their all stars to boost sales have been hibbert, granger and paul george this year.
    those ? ain't exactly killing the endorsements and lighting up the marketing dept.
    it has nothing to do with skin color and more to do with marketing
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »

the point Cowherd, and others have made (based on this article/thread) is that:

1. they have a reputation as a "basketball state"
    2. the city of Indianapolis doesn't fully support the Pacers
    3. the city does support the Colts
    4. There is no explanation for this, so it must be about race.

I don't see how any person can hear/read this and think,

"oh man, he makes a great point"

rational people don't think that. but you know who does?

ancient-aliens.jpg

the same ? who make incomplete half ass statements like this "cowherd >"
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    Thats a good point too though ^^^^

They dont really have anybody to sell to the public....but isn't winning supposed to be what its about?
  • Matt-
    Options
    even when they had a marketable team that was winning, they STILL weren't even any better than 10th in attendance. They've never been a city who has help sellout every game, regardless of record or roster. And that is incredibly racist.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    nycest_1 wrote: »
    this is a ? lazy argument
    the reality is, they have a poor pr department and their all stars to boost sales have been hibbert, granger and paul george this year.
    those ? ain't exactly killing the endorsements and lighting up the marketing dept.
    it has nothing to do with skin color and more to do with marketing

I agree with this to a certain degree.

But some states and areas just don't embrace pro squads as much as they do college. Race may be apart of it, but there's no hard core proof of this.

Georgia is similar. North Georgia is filled with white/redneck die-hard, rabid UGA fans that swear UGA has 20 national titles or some ? , but when it comes to the Falcons (even when they're good and have stars like Vick, Deion, or Julio) alot of those same rednecks are nowhere near as excited about it.

Plus, like the Falcons/Hawks, the Pacers play in one of the two cities in the state that have the deepest black population.

I don't know alot about indiana, but I don't think there are many blacks outside of Indianapolis and Gary.

Alot of redneck suburb/rural fans hate the fact that they have to drive into the heart of the ? section of their state to see these pro teams.

Suburban whites in ATL have been wishing and striving for years to get the Falcons and Braves moved to Gwinnett County (one of the whitest parts of Metro ATL.)

• greenwood1921
    Options
    Colin Cowherd = The smart man's Skip Bayless.
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Memphis sells out why can't the pacers? He's saying when your sports stars are black white ppl don't show up... A lot of gms and coaches believe this if u listened to his show he pointed it out. This isn't soley based on cowherd it's everyone.
  • Matt-
    Options
    Memphis sells out why can't the pacers? He's saying when your sports stars are black white ppl don't show up... A lot of gms and coaches believe this if u listened to his show he pointed it out. This isn't soley based on cowherd it's everyone.
    indiana has had a slew of white players over the years. this is a good time to namedrop Austin Croshere
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    I guess this kinda ? on the "small market fans only support their teams more because it ain't ? else to do" argument.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol after the brawl with Detroit instead got rid off all da ? ? and went into full ? mode like Minn is doin now
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've ran through some white hoes from Indiana University on a cruise so i don't know about that racism ? . lol

I think what Indy is lacking is a star, lets be real for a second, the Pacers brand of basketball isn't a good watch.
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Artest shoulda went into the crowd and punch one of them pacers fan red necks in the eye, not the dudes in Detroit, they have so much in common with a guy like Ron.....namely smelling like queens bridge.
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    I've ran through some white hoes from Indiana University on a cruise so i don't know about that racism ? . lol

I think what Indy is lacking is a star, lets be real for a second, the Pacers brand of basketball isn't a good watch.

I disagree, the Pacers play rough, defensive ball that's actually interesting to watch imo
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »

Racism can't be measured with sex.

Most slave owners smashed their black female slaves more than they smashed their own wives.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Winning solves all that racist ? . You can't really blame it on race though. It may be a valid argument but you really don't know. When it comes to sports most times its bigger than race. all kinds of racist of motherfuckas live in the south but they support their teams.
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Isn't this almost the exact reverse of what got Rob Parker fired/not get his contract renewed.
  • Matt-
    Options
    cowherd, i don't think, got in any trouble for saying that Goodell was the father figure to all the black nfl players since so many of them grew up without their dads and they came up throught the ranks without a father figure in high school or college or that John Wall couldn't lead a team and made an ass of himself dancing before games because his father wasn't around.

he's got away with saying stupid, race baiting stuff before. But this ? about the pacers may his worst argument of all
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cowherd, i don't think, got in any trouble for saying that Goodell was the father figure to all the black nfl players since so many of them grew up without their dads and they came up throught the ranks without a father figure in high school or college or that John Wall couldn't lead a team and made an ass of himself dancing before games because his father wasn't around.

he's got away with saying stupid, race baiting stuff before. But this ? about the pacers may his worst argument of all

^^^^^that ? right there is why i listen to and have respect for Colin Cowherd, because he is the go to WHITE guy in the sports media world where he speaks and say what white people think concerning Sports, and you going to get the raw truth on how they see things concerning sports and black athletes, Colin Cowherd is that show on the low.....? skip bayless and that want to be hip, jive fake ass barbershop show, i know what we think on sports, go to the local barbershop and get it, but if you want to know what the white man is thinking and saying about the sports tune into Colin Cowherd show and you will get "THIS IS WHAT THEY THINK ABOUT YOU" in a honest form and that's why i am not shock about what Cowherd said, that's the mind of the white man......
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    colin cowherd that ? cracka