Screw all this "social experience" bs the big 3 console makers are "marketing"

Options

Comments

• Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Co sign, i bought a system because I saw someone doing a 360 no scope wall bang silent shot across the map on afgan on youtube.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    VIBE wrote: »
    You guys don't understand the future of big business.

please elaborate because consoles aren't taking market share from i pad and i phone users who could care less about the next metal gear solid. buying a console for an virtual social world aint no casual gamer got time fo dat lmaooo. Call of duty moves consoles i aint never heard of anybody buying a ps3 for playstation home son lmaoo

Everything is interactive, big time players use YouTube to get paid, they also use twitter and FaceBook to promote themselves and keep their fans in the loop.

It's opening the door for more people to do the same. Recording your gameplays and uploading them is the hottest thing to do right now. People are trying to be the next breakout youtube sensation.

Twitter and FaceBook have millions of users, celebrity endorsed too. The usage of being able to share through that is big.

YOU may not want to, but what the companies see is bigger than your ideas. Sony has always been ahead of the competition. You'll see.

youtube videos get paid cents based on every million views or so. The biggest viral videos are not some ? on halo or uncharted doing some crazy ? so that argument is pointless. ? it real out here for sony.

TV's losing market share to samsung LG since the LED HD era
    walkman dead
    sony music group = lackluster sales

sony is depending on the playstation brand to help the hurting in the company. and ask any market analyst the money in twitter/facebook/youtube views aint ? when it comes to a company that needs billions more in revenue.

unless you are getting new users to buy a console and or winning back old users you are not going to make profit its that simple lol.

Sony/MS/Nin/Apple etc. might not see a single dollar from youtube/fb/twitter, but they will see increased sales depending on which console the user finds easier to upload their data to the networks from

How so? Its easier than ever to purchase a videogame instantly via download.....but if thats the case why are video game sales down. Why are more and more video game compaies facing bankruptcy. If you want the new (insert game here) you will go to the store and download it or physically buy it. Putting a game to download at the opening home screen isn't going to boost sales.

Consumers who want a game will buy it weather its in their face or not

47e8dbce_Point_over_your_head1.jpeg

Not talking about buying a game, talking about a console that appeals to your needs to show off your achievements.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vaas wrote: »
    Co sign, i bought a system because I saw someone doing a 360 no scope wall bang silent shot across the map on afgan on youtube.

thats the thing though lmao ? already bought consoles who are watching these videos. Its not like some random 18 year old girly girl stumbled upon a high viewed call of duty video blog and was like oh ? lemme drop $400 on a ps3/xbox 360. Anybody typing in call of duty reviews most likely got teh map update of a game they make every year lol.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    You guys don't understand the future of big business.

please elaborate because consoles aren't taking market share from i pad and i phone users who could care less about the next metal gear solid. buying a console for an virtual social world aint no casual gamer got time fo dat lmaooo. Call of duty moves consoles i aint never heard of anybody buying a ps3 for playstation home son lmaoo

Everything is interactive, big time players use YouTube to get paid, they also use twitter and FaceBook to promote themselves and keep their fans in the loop.

It's opening the door for more people to do the same. Recording your gameplays and uploading them is the hottest thing to do right now. People are trying to be the next breakout youtube sensation.

Twitter and FaceBook have millions of users, celebrity endorsed too. The usage of being able to share through that is big.

YOU may not want to, but what the companies see is bigger than your ideas. Sony has always been ahead of the competition. You'll see.

youtube videos get paid cents based on every million views or so. The biggest viral videos are not some ? on halo or uncharted doing some crazy ? so that argument is pointless. ? it real out here for sony.

TV's losing market share to samsung LG since the LED HD era
    walkman dead
    sony music group = lackluster sales

sony is depending on the playstation brand to help the hurting in the company. and ask any market analyst the money in twitter/facebook/youtube views aint ? when it comes to a company that needs billions more in revenue.

unless you are getting new users to buy a console and or winning back old users you are not going to make profit its that simple lol.

Sony/MS/Nin/Apple etc. might not see a single dollar from youtube/fb/twitter, but they will see increased sales depending on which console the user finds easier to upload their data to the networks from

How so? Its easier than ever to purchase a videogame instantly via download.....but if thats the case why are video game sales down. Why are more and more video game compaies facing bankruptcy. If you want the new (insert game here) you will go to the store and download it or physically buy it. Putting a game to download at the opening home screen isn't going to boost sales.

Consumers who want a game will buy it weather its in their face or not

47e8dbce_Point_over_your_head1.jpeg

Not talking about buying a game, talking about a console that appeals to your needs to show off your achievements.

Im not even talking about a game that shows your achievements thats one thing. Buying a console that goes way past a few accomplishments as in a whole virtual social world and other bs like telling you what to buy isn't going to push console units. I think you are missing the point. What ? is like "you know what im gon cop the ps4 xbox 3 or wii u because i can interact via facebook and twitter with the new console!"

what ? is like "you know what im gon cop a $400 machine becuase its so much more than a video game console! I mean i already have an i phone a laptop but damnit i need a console that does the same ? !"
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    Obviously to you and the average gamer it isn't going to matter, but to the youtube junkie/showoff that uploads 15 to 30 vids a day, it would. And this type of gamer is growing everyday when people realise they can get their 15 mins of fame. To me and you it means nothing, we just want to play games.

At the end of the day, its a argument that's neither here nor there. To the people that want this feature, its great for them and makes it easier to do their thing. To me, it doesn't bother me because I don't have to access the feature to enjoy my games. It's not like the addition of this feature is going to affect my experience.
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    If I'm getting a new car.. I want the fastest, most suped up, technological superior car I can afford. The best car on the market.

You may say as long as the car has 4 wheels and can moie.. you're fine. That's not the majority though.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seeing as how Sony is the only company to invest in new franchises and bring the games last gen no one should be worried about that aspect from them.MS has been the ones to primarily focus on non game related features and people criticized Sony for not having better network and social features and now they complain when the step it up.People also ignore the fact that E3 had not come yet and all social features shown for the PS4 were about sharing game footage, information and connected with other gamers.Nothing shown did not put games and game interaction first.These same people complaining pay for Live because of its social features.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    If I'm getting a new car.. I want the fastest, most suped up, technological superior car I can afford. The best car on the market.

You may say as long as the car has 4 wheels and can moie.. you're fine. That's not the majority though.

lol how are you going to compare purchasing a video game console under $1,000 to purchasing a car which at the cheapest costs $1,000 and requires insurance, state registration and in some states a tax just to drive one lmao not to mention there aren't 3 or 4 different types of cars in total to choose from.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    brown321 wrote: »
    ocelot wrote: »
    brown321 wrote: »
    ocelot wrote: »
    ? ? me with this all I care about are the games but don't have a Vita.

Vita don't have games tho.
    Right.

I know everyone's tastes' are different but that thing don't have ? to play. If I got one I would play nothing but the psone FF games & some of the E-shop games. Not worth the 2fif.

Actually it does have games to play it just needs much more.Gravity Rush and P4 Golden are good games as well as Golden Abyss and LBPVita.Your opinion is not fact.It does need much more support but games like Tearaway and Soul Sacrifice are neefed much more consistantly.The Vita has delivered much more than the 360 has in the last 4 years.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    lol at comparing a car to a console...

at least when you buy a car you own it...

you wont get thrown in jail, sued, fined or shamed for modifying it to get more performance out of it.

can't say that bout these new consoles... you pay half a mortgage payment for one and you still dont own the ? .

Don't you get ticketed or have your car impounded for having it lowered too much, performance exhausts, lowered too much and certain other upgrades?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2013
    Options
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    obey-poster-skull-monster.jpg

funny how there are people in here disagreeing...

i just want to play the ? game... ? all that extra ? ... bring back games. cheats, passwords, and hotlines... ? a multiplayer.
    how the ? the sony gon turn on the mindset that kept it in business?

? it... im too old for that ? anyway...

you are aware of this invention called the internet correct?

• [Deleted User]
    Options
  • themadlionsfan
    Options

i just want to play the ? game... ? all that extra ? ... bring back games. cheats, passwords, and hotlines... ? a multiplayer.

i know what im getting myself into for the most part when dealing with the internet.

? outta here yo. im a consumer, how you gon tell me my thought process wrong?

IM A CONSUMER.

just cause you ? got dreams of having real robot legs, dont mean i do...

lol.....naw...I don't give a ? about the social apps either but I'm not gonna complain thats is their.....but the line I bolded threw me for a loop....this ain't 1991.....ole old school nintendo power ass ? .....second childhood ass ? ....ole I'd rather spend 5 minutes listenin to a recorder to get through a stage when I can look it up in 60 seconds ass ?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • themadlionsfan
    Options

i know what im getting myself into for the most part when dealing with the internet.

? outta here yo. im a consumer, how you gon tell me my thought process wrong?

IM A CONSUMER.

just cause you ? got dreams of having real robot legs, dont mean i do...

lol.....naw...I don't give a ? about the social apps either but I'm not gonna complain thats is their.....but the line I bolded threw me for a loop....this ain't 1991.....ole old school nintendo power ass ? .....second childhood ass ? ....ole I'd rather spend 5 minutes listenin to a recorder to get through a stage when I can look it up in 60 seconds ass ?

? you ? ...

You was probably ok with the way that Mattel redesigned He-Mans Power Sword...
    4639295.jpg
    $T2eC16dHJG!E9nm3rIdEBRBt+qY3C!~~60_35.JPG

WEREN'T YOU!?!

super soakers and hot wheels>>>>>>
  • CallMeWelvin
    Options
    This ? Jamel still plays Atari on a black and white tv.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's been geared at casuals as early as this current gen. I was playing Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 at a friend's house the other night. First time I ever played it. Boy was I disappointed by the whole medium attack, light attack, heavy attack" button configuration. I'm like "where the ? is low kick, high kick, low punch, high punch, fierce etc."? it was so ? dumbed down I was rocking the ? just by button mashing smh no need for any kind of skill anymore. I don't even know if I'm buying the next XBOX or PS so early.

I'm going to wait out on them for a bit I skipped this current generation cause too many of the games were unappealing to me as a more "? " type of single player gamer since I'm really not into shooters. Before I jump back into gaming and invest in the next one I need serious time to feel out the ideas of Ninty, Sony and MS first. About a year.
  • CallMeWelvin
    Options
    Uncharted Series
    Infamous Series
    MGS4
    Resistance 3
    RDR
    Assassin Creed Series
    Darksiders
    Dishonered
    And many more

If those didn't appeal to you as a ? gamer then nothing will
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But Samson is right you won't own any your games the cameras on the next xbox and ps4 are basically biometric scanners etc etc
  • CallMeWelvin
    Options
    You conspiracy ass ? will turn anything into a conspiracy.
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ohhhla wrote: »

What do y'all Sony fans thinks of this video??