Screw all this "social experience" bs the big 3 console makers are "marketing"

13»

Comments

• themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ohhhla wrote: »

What do y'all Sony fans thinks of this video??

only point he brought up that was worth mentioning was the price point....I guess some people are taking this as gospel because he using big words
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Uses the same gimmick to express himself as Dane Cook uses to try and be funny
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    I don't really see the problem. As long as their efforts to add extra functionality to the systems doesn't take away from the gaming, why do you care? I probably won't use 90% of the extra options they tie into the PS4, but I'm not going to complain that it's there. Who does that? Who gets mad because they are getting more more their money? lol

because the ? they are trying to do goes into the console cost (even if the console is sold at a loss) also it costs millions if not billions in pointless marketing. If the console and servers are so focused on trying to find out which games you want to download you don't think that going to effect the price i pay or the quality of the game?

I honestly doubt a lot of this stuff goes into the hardware cost. Like you yourself pointed out, they are already selling the console for more than its worth, so it's doubtful that they are charging much for some ancillary stuff that likely doesn't take them much to produce anyway. The consoles are basically computers. The time social ? they are putting on them is like a drop in the bucket these days. It's relatively easy to do. I'm pretty sure they are willing to take a loss on whatever work they put in developing that in hopes that it will attract more people to the system. And I honestly don't think they are going to spend any more on marketing because of this. Yes, a portion of the commercials they air will be dedicated to that aspect of the system, there is nothing to suggests that they would spend any less on marketing if that didn't exist. They just focus the marketing strategy on some other aspect of the system.
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    joshuaboy wrote: »

Uses the same gimmick to express himself as Dane Cook uses to try and be funny

What is that???
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    brown321 wrote: »
    ocelot wrote: »
    brown321 wrote: »
    ? ? me with this all I care about are the games but don't have a Vita.

Vita don't have games tho.
    Right.

I know everyone's tastes' are different but that thing don't have ? to play. If I got one I would play nothing but the psone FF games & some of the E-shop games. Not worth the 2fif.
    What's your taste?
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Internet is making everything we grew up with wack.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    Uncharted Series
    Infamous Series
    MGS4
    Resistance 3
    RDR
    Assassin Creed Series
    Darksiders
    Dishonered
    And many more

If those didn't appeal to you as a ? gamer then nothing will

Been sick of the MGS series since the PS2 gen. Couldn't get into Uncharted or Infamous and I really tried. Screw Resistance because again I hate FPS. This post just made me realize that yeah I guess I should probably not even try to get back into gaming on my own accord. After 25 years I guess I've outgrown the habit because a lot of the new IP's don't interest me in any way.
  • brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Uncharted Series
    Infamous Series
    MGS4
    Resistance 3
    RDR
    Assassin Creed Series
    Darksiders
    Dishonered
    And many more

None of those do ? for me & I'm "? ".

What's your taste?

RP
    My all time favorite games are

1 Super Mario Bros.
    2. Sin & Punishment
    3. FF VI
    4. Silent Bomber
    5. No More Heroes
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uncharted Series
    Infamous Series
    MGS4
    Resistance 3
    RDR
    Assassin Creed Series
    Darksiders
    Dishonered
    And many more

Been sick of the MGS series since the PS2 gen. Couldn't get into Uncharted or Infamous and I really tried. Screw Resistance because again I hate FPS. This post just made me realize that yeah I guess I should probably not even try to get back into gaming on my own accord. After 25 years I guess I've outgrown the habit because a lot of the new IP's don't interest me in any way.

Games with better graphics, better gameplay, and much more detailed formulated story than it's predecessor doesn't appeal to you?

Eh, yea you might have outgrown gaming.
  • Broddie
    Never been a graphics ? and "better gameplay" is extremely subjective. Also a lot of the storylines in these games are still quite amateur and contrived and have them come across as wannabe motion pictures instead of actual video games. I'll keep an eye on what's coming but it'll probably be a bit more than handful that appeals to me going forwards (most of that probably being new entries in old IP's).
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You ? didn't evolve with the times.

You wish it was PS1 ERA.

How sad?
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    >? gamer
    >infamous and assassin creed
    Lolwut sonygger
  • Broddie
    You ? didn't evolve with the times.

You wish it was PS1 ERA.

How sad?

Why would I wish to be back in high school? life is much sweeter now. You just aggy cause most of your favorite new game franchises have ? appeal to a lot of people.