Why do people act like HBK drew money??

Options

Comments

• Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crow Sting drew like a ? .One of the hottest runs of all time.
  • Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Over=someone who is popular and credible with a particular promotions fan base.

(Christopher Daniels,Koffi Kingston,Kane,etc).

Brand Name =Someone who is generally well known and popular among wrestling fan's in general regardless of promotion.

(Rvd,Samoa Joe,Angle,Raven,Scott Hall,etc).

Draw=someone who sells merchandise,tickets, and has a positive effect on ratings off name and appearance alone.

Wrestling has plenty of draws.

(flair,Bret,Sting,Cena,etc turf)

Superstar=someone who crosses over into mainstream media and entertainment success.Someone who can transfer over to non wrestling fans.

Wresting has few true Superstars(austin,Rock,Hogan,Piper,Macho,Andre,turf).
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    not being on the level of a hogan, flair, sting, scsa, or rock shouldnt really be a knock against a legend because those names are in a class of their own, according to u, wrestling has plenty of draws, and im sure hbk was one so ion think u can really knock a hbk, or a jericho, or a mysterio, at least they drew something and werent failures as champs like a jack swagger or diesel, look at that roster hbk was competing with, u really think Connecticut Blue Blood Hunter Hearst Helmsley woulda drew more? lmao, and at the end of the day does it even matter? when u ask somebody why their favorite wrestler is their favorite wrestler, im sure the last thing they think about is how much money the guy drew, HBK still one of the most popular and best of all time
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HBK was ? up the money if any thing case in point

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUZizMxgSlY
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^ I remember that. I also remember HBK stomping Vader's face in that match too. He was probably high LOL
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Paul Hate. wrote: »
    Crow Sting drew like a ? .One of the hottest runs of all time.

He didn't draw on his own, he was feuding at the time with the biggest draw in the company, Hulk Hogan. Sting was about as good of a draw as Shawn Michaels, nobody wasn't watching WCW until the NWO angle started
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Over=someone who is popular and credible with a particular promotions fan base.

(Christopher Daniels,Koffi Kingston,Kane,etc).

Brand Name =Someone who is generally well known and popular among wrestling fan's in general regardless of promotion.

(Rvd,Samoa Joe,Angle,Raven,Scott Hall,etc).

Draw=someone who sells merchandise,tickets, and has a positive effect on ratings off name and appearance alone.

Wrestling has plenty of draws.

(flair,Bret,Sting,Cena,etc turf)

Superstar=someone who crosses over into mainstream media and entertainment success.Someone who can transfer over to non wrestling fans.

Wresting has few true Superstars(austin,Rock,Hogan,Piper,Macho,Andre,turf).

You know ya ? my ? but ya Jeff woulda been bigger than Cena imo if he stayed and is the TNA equivalent to Cena right now.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can Ziggler become the next HBK?

Lotta people comparing the two.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Outside of Hogan, Savage, Warrior, Rock, Austin and Cena, who did?

^sting,goldberg,jericho??

No, I guess, and no

That was in WCW btw
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    Can Ziggler become the next HBK?

Lotta people comparing the two.

He gonna have his cult following grow more and more (since its already been established), but I don't see him transcending the sport .. like guess starring on tv shows, talk shows, VH1 shows, being randomly bought up in casual context as a representation of the wrestling industry on a sketch comedy, being used as a line in random rap or rock verses, and doing movies.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's called revisionist history.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    now sting wasnt a draw? lol
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Damn Jim ethered the f**k outta Shawn Michaels. I always wondered why Vader never won the belt

I think I heard somewhere, Vader was suppose to win it at Survivor Series 96 (I think) but some shss happen
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »

Damn Jim ethered the f**k outta Shawn Michaels. I always wondered why Vader never won the belt

I think I heard somewhere, Vader was suppose to win it at Survivor Series 96 (I think) but some shss happen

Jim ethers everybody
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    i dont care that he wasn't an outside draw like the rock or hogan, or a marketer's dream like Austin was. HBK ate, drank, breathed, snorted the wrestling business. Yeah he was a ? , but that ? was the reason i started watching wrestling.
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol you ? say Shawn Michaels wasnt drawing....... Like the WCW/NWO vs WWF wars werent going on........ If he didnt draw he its because of the WCW/ NWO./ WWF wars...... Michaels gets the title March of 1996, Hall and Nash leave May 1996, Bret Hart decides to take a break until November, which is Survivor Series........ Nash and Hall are with a different company being reckless and doing whatever the ? ...... WWF talent was very thin 90 to 94 by the way....... Sure the ratings in the WCW/ WWF Monday Night Wars were lower but did you ever take a step back and see why you watched WCW more??????? If not it was because the names are more familiar......... Who the ? wants to watch the Bodydonnas when you can see your old favorites from the WWF tag team?????????? Lol if Shawn didnt draw its because WCW had better storylines and more familiar faces....... Shawn Michaels carried the company and drew when Bret had to go find his own smile and reinvent himself....... ? actin like Shawn Michaels was built to be bigger than NWO (legends with more than average ability) when all the WWF had was Marc Mero and Goldust and Stone Cold just coming into his own lol........ Like did you really wanna see more Savio Vega and "Ringmaster" Steve Austin matches bruh??????? ? out of here with that drawing power ? ...... If there was no Shawn Michaels what would the WWF have been April '95 to August '97?????????? ? would have been dead and WCW would have took that ? over PERIOD......... If you saw it or remember it Shawn Michaels owned that ? ...........

• TheIraq
    Options
    I never typed that much ? on here.... I apologize in advance..................
  • TheIraq
    Options
    IYH: Badd Blood was my second PPV I ordered so I might be bias..........
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's good he came back in the 2000's and basically laid the cement on his legacy....but yeah he aint draw ? and without the rivalry with bret that "lost his smile" ass ? woulda been looked at like the no draw he was in the 90's.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He was supposed to win it at Summerslam, Michaels was supposed win it back at the Royal Rumble
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He was supposed to win it at Summerslam, Michaels was supposed win it back at the Royal Rumble

Shawn could have drew money but he wasn't willing to put dudes over . Vader was a big star coming off his WCW run and could have bought more attention to the WWF if he won the belt but he didn't want to put dude over so no money was drawn .
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's called revisionist history.

This... There's some out right outlandish things being said in here? Sting didn't sell? There's a reason sting is the icon and he never set foot in wwe. Nobody watched wcw before the nwo? Tell me who the 4 horsemen are, then. Seriously, like it or not, hbk held down the wwe as best as anyone could at the time. He could drop by tonight or a year from tonight and the crowd would pop like a muthafucka. The bottom line is that in the mid to late 90s WCW had a better product. It doesn't matter who wwe put the belt on, the result would have been the same.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HBK was a great in ring worker he almost single handily carried the company from about '94 to about' 97 or '98 along with Bret Hart.

Micheals was a great worker but not near the draw that that guys were before or after him were.

Michaels wasn't near the draw of Hogan or Austin or to a lesser degree even Cena.

He's a better wrestler than any of those guys ever were but not a better draw.

His ? gimmick generated zero interest heck I didn't start checking for HBK until DX was formed and by then his heyday had kinda passed guys like Austin and The Rock were the face of the company but they did kinda reinvent HBK with DX.

When Hogan came back Vincent tried to bring back some of that magic it didn't generate the hype though as both guys were well past their prime.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Damn I wanted Vader to win the belt too

Damn you Shawn Michaels