Comments

• Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That parachute part was ? me off
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's ok so far. No game of the year contender. A bit boring if you ask me. Story is ? so far.
  • Karl.
    Options
    It's called "Tomb Raider" yet you hardly raid tombs. You basically just walk in, open a box and take the treasure. Puzzles are kindergarten level.
  • Karl.
    Options
    This game is exactly what is wrong with gaming. Just a load of cinematic ? . No real challenge. ? is easy as ? and boring.

Then they add about a million "hidden packages" just make the game last a longer.

Why do they think we love treasure hunting so much? Hilarious.

...and I'm sick to death of these ? shanty town back drops.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seen it at redbox was thinking about renting it.
  • vespesianus
    vespesianus Members Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I know I'm late as a mf, but I just finished the game. Anyone thinkin about renting this game, don't. It's not a Tomb Raider game, it's just a bs generic, linear 3rd person adventure game. Graphics are cool, cutscenes and set pieces are cool, but substance? There is none. Easy, and short too.

*Fires up PS1 and plays original TR*
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    mention a Sony property and focus comes running like a pig sniffing out truffles. dont upset him or he's gonna go running to sion.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mention a Sony property and focus comes running like a pig sniffing out truffles. dont upset him or he's gonna go running to sion.

I don't think that is going to happen again
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just finished and gotta say I enjoyed it. Enjoyed it a lot matter of fact. The single player campaign maybe the best I've played in quite a while. Great presentation, great game play, great graphics, great sounds, and good story. Not a fan of the multiplayer, in fact, I say the game doesn't need it at all. Hopefully, some good single player DLC comes out later down the line. Preferably something that adds to the story as some of ME3 dlc did. I'd love to have some reasons to play it again.

Only bad thing is that once you've finished it, there's really no reason to replay it. So I'd say it's good for a weekend rental. Took me about 9 hours or so to beat it. A day and a half. Got 67% completion, but I didn't really go out my way to explore. Just did enough to get the upgrades I wanted and kept it moving. And the quick time does get annoying, but they simplify it at least. The buttons you'd use during game play serve the same purpose in cinema's.

Read a lot of reviews how bout people complaining that's it's not a true tomb raider game. A valid argument with good points made on their side. I for one hated all the previous tomb raiders for many of the reasons they enjoyed it.

But I'm a action junkie and this game delivered that.
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    This game is sick!! Really immerses you into the character.

They borrowed what was good from other games and made this. Like a dark version Uncharted maybe. Survival aspects of Far Cry with the adventure and strategy of Uncharted and exploration from Assassin's Creed, blended together well.
  • Karl.
    Options
    Just completed it. The developers are lame as ? for putting photos of themselves in the credits.

Love it when Lara first dual-wields the pistols. Just looks so damn right!

A Survivor Is Born. Will check for the sequel although I do have my problems with this game.
  • Karl.
    Options
    Completed it at 74% without going back to find everything. Don't think I'll be playing it again.

Will probably trade this and Dead Space 3 in for Bioshock.
  • K_Fisher
    K_Fisher Members Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Am gonna have to get this next month.
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    Really loving this game so far .................. but damn, they bit Uncharted 2 and 3 hard .... lol .... whoever has played the level leading to the beach knows what I'm taking about.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beat this game in 5 and a half hours on hard with 78% complete. *kanyeshrug*
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I could have save my money on this game this nothing more than a button prompt simple ass game w/a simple story. They should leave original material alone. I'm selling the game after I beat it.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    Had this since release week and haven't played it yet. Might play along side with Bioshock. When you beat the game, can you go back and collect everything you didn't find?
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KillaCham wrote: »
    Had this since release week and haven't played it yet. Might play along side with Bioshock. When you beat the game, can you go back and collect everything you didn't find?

Yea
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You're probably wondering about doing it to platinum this game, but you have to invest time in the multiplayer to get all the trophies and the multiplayer is......yeah....no.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options

You're probably wondering about doing it to platinum this game, but you have to invest time in the multiplayer to get all the trophies and the multiplayer is......yeah....no.
    Word?? Damn.. after you said that I looked and there's 15 damn online trophies. ? , I'd have to really like a game to put in 20 hours of online.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? that online ?
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When I beat this game I'm flipping it and selling it back on amazon.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just bought it on sale off of PSN and I am really impressed at the design, gameplay and new style. Lara is much more realistic and has better proportions and an actually personality that makes her appear human and vulnerable. I also like the atmosphere and openness of the game. I must say that Uncharted should take a similar approach to the upgrading system and the non linear environments for U4. This is easily the best looking and best desinged cross-platform game this generation and uses a superior engine to that ? UE3.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    Really loving this game so far .................. but damn, they bit Uncharted 2 and 3 hard .... lol .... whoever has played the level leading to the beach knows what I'm taking about.

Just beat it Yea this ? minus well been on the uncharted engine, they bit a lot of stuff. They Damn near reused some models and platforms from uncharted lol

I enjoyed the playthrough beat it in 1 day and I probably won't play it again lol
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These ? can't ? me!