Rumor: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Uncovered

Options
joshuaboy
joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

A pirate's life for me?

Earlier this year, Ubisoft's CEO announced that a new Assassin's Creed game would be coming this year. That was no surprise, though the fact that the game would star a new hero in a new era was something worth noting. Today, Kotaku appears to have uncovered precisely where that game will be set - and what it will be called.

A photo of a poster, set to run in game stores this coming Monday, March 4, was sent to the outlet, indicating the name of the next AC game will be 'Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag'. The poster, illustrated by Todd McFarlane, also clearly showcases a new assassin in a pirate-themed era. This also lines up with multiple rumors from earlier this year, suggesting Ubisoft's time-spanning saga would be moving to the Caribbean.

Here's a look at Kotaku's poster:

original2-610x1082.jpg

Stay tuned to IGN for all the latest on Assassin's Creed.

Comments

• funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hopefully, they take out the stupid sync ? . They tryna make a non-linear game linear by telling you how you have to complete a mission instead of letting you do it the way you want. AC2 did it right. And please, no more multiplayer; I never touched it on Revelations or AC3.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Sick of this franchise, but I do like the Pirates theme they're going with

I hope its only-next-gen.... not cross-gen.

I think they have used up all the power they can in PS360 already. Time to take it to the next level on PS4
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    Options
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PS4 exclusive

1361901153_2468_1.jpg
    what is that?

also, I hope the game isn't on boats and ? for the majority of the game.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i have to play 3
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If they aren't gonna implement a difficulty setting they need to gone ahead and wrap this series up. The boat mini game ? was the worst in number 3.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn I aint finish the last one yet
  • T-Rel
    T-Rel Members Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im on sequence 9 on AC3. Haven't played in a while though, multiplayer is wack af.
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    Options
    they been stretchin out this story for way too long

they need to start uppin the ante cuz the story gettin boring and the games are gettin repetitive
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Has any of the assassins creed games involve a modern day storyline/missions???!!!
  • DarthRozay
    Options
    icks86 wrote: »
    Has any of the assassins creed games involve a modern day storyline/missions???!!!
    AC3 had modern day parts where you had to find power sources, and one near the end where you save your dad. only small parts of the game though, the majority is in the past.

• Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    there are plenty of modern day missions all the games (idk about Assassin's Creed wit Altair cuz I still haven't played it)
    they feel more like miniguns... just Desmond gettin his ass whooped, platforming and creating objects with his mind and using them to platform

But I can't deny the fact I'm always gon ? with these games... AC2-Revelations was a great lil story

AC3 was cool too but I'm glad their movin on to a new character

The lil indian dude did his thing and his gameplay was innovative with all the runnin through trees and ? .... but I think the character served his purpose in that ONE game and I'm glad their hopefully movin on to a new character in the AC timeline
    I'll ? with a pirate story as long as the technology and gameplay are progressing

But this pirate ? better have some real believable relevance to the AC story... I don't want to play a ? pirate just because they couldn't come with anything better smh

But wait a minute.... wouldn't pirates mean they are movin backwards in time? Most famous pirates died before the events of AC3

they need to either jump to the post Civil War and let us fight the ? (Templars lol) or jump to World War 2
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    there are plenty of modern day missions all the games (idk about Assassin's Creed wit Altair cuz I still haven't played it)
    they feel more like miniguns... just Desmond gettin his ass whooped, platforming and creating objects with his mind and using them to platform

But I can't deny the fact I'm always gon ? with these games... AC2-Revelations was a great lil story

AC3 was cool too but I'm glad their movin on to a new character

The lil indian dude did his thing and his gameplay was innovative with all the runnin through trees and ? .... but I think the character served his purpose in that ONE game and I'm glad their hopefully movin on to a new character in the AC timeline
    I'll ? with a pirate story as long as the technology and gameplay are progressing

But this pirate ? better have some real believable relevance to the AC story... I don't want to play a ? pirate just because they couldn't come with anything better smh

But wait a minute.... wouldn't pirates mean they are movin backwards in time? Most famous pirates died before the events of AC3

they need to either jump to the post Civil War and let us fight the ? (Templars lol) or jump to World War 2

Haven't played thru AC3 yet, but pirates were more modern than those events.

Not as modern as the Somali pirates today, but definitely last two centuries.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Assassin-s-Creed-4-Black-Flag-Leaked-Cover-Art-Confirms-Its-Protagonist-2.jpg

"However thanks to quite a few leaks and reports, we already know that the title will be called Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag and that it's going to star Edward Kenway, the grandfather of Assassin's Creed 3 protagonist Connor, who apparently was a famous pirate in the Caribbean. "
  • Mr.LV
    Options
    When I was playing AC3 they was flirting with the idea because there was some missions in the Caribbean. And Connor outfit would always change to his blue pirate type of outfit.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    This shaping up to be ubisoft version of COD. I'm already having franchise fatigue, ubisoft need to let it breather. I respect naughty dogs for giving you 3 games and then move on to a new ip
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also the poster above remind me of the prince from prince of persia
  • DarthRozay
    Options
    Connor's grandfather eh? Wonder if there'll be any mention of ol what's his name, can't remember connor's dad's name right now lol
  • Mr.LV
    Options
    Connor's grandfather eh? Wonder if there'll be any mention of ol what's his name, can't remember connor's dad's name right now lol

Haytham Kenway is his name. I wonder if they would mention how old he is ,probably a kid at the time and what about the Templar Reginald Birch who brought Haytham to the templars in the first place.
  • joshuaboy
    Options

Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag Confirmed
    Full reveal coming next week.

Ubisoft has confirmed that the next entry in the Assassin’s Creed series will be called Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag. The news comes in the form of the game’s first official art, which you can check out below:

Today’s announcement confirms the title initially revealed by leaked marketing material this week and also expands upon Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot’s comments earlier this month that the newest Assassin’s Creed game features a new hero and time period.

While no concrete details are given in the art, it’s immediately clear that the game will involve pirates, just as rumors suggested a few weeks ago.

acbfkeyartjpg-4802d0-610x859.jpg

Want to know more about Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag? IGN will be live streaming the game's official announcement -- including the first details -- on Monday, March 4th at 9:00 a.m. Pacific. Our pre-show starts at 8:30, so tune in early and find out all the news as it's revealed.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    Options
    PS3 version of ACIV is getting exclusive content.

AC4BF_PS3_UK_2D_92371_640screen.jpg
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I still have AC3 wrapped in plastic
  • DarthRozay
    Options
    I heard the AC3 PS3 exclusive content was ass.
  • DarthRozay
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »

Haytham Kenway is his name. I wonder if they would mention how old he is ,probably a kid at the time and what about the Templar Reginald Birch who brought Haytham to the templars in the first place.

I knew it was something beginning with an h!
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tired of the series. Don't really like the direction the story is taking either. I'll be skipping this.