Rumor: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Uncovered

Options

Comments

• joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag release date leaked

Pirate-themed adventure will ship on next-gen consoles, too.

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag will be launched on 29th October 2013, a hastily-edited page on Ubisoft's website has revealed.

The game will be available on both current and next-gen consoles, the page continued - presumably both PlayStation 4 and Microsoft's next Xbox.

A fellow with a Black Beard.

Ubisoft officially announced Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag yesterday after a slew of leaks, and mentioned a release for the game on PC, PlayStation 3, Wii U and Xbox 360.

PlayStation 3 players will once again get an extra hour of bonus Assassin's Creed 4 gameplay.

Today's leak was visible via a countdown page on Ubisoft's website (spotted by Gaming Everything). Another piece of artwork was also spotted, showing a piratey fellow with a ? Beard. Hmmm.

We rounded up all the Assassin's Creed 4 leaks earlier this week - and so far, all of them have so far come true.

The game is set in the early 18th Century Caribbean (1715 to be exact) and will star the father of Haytham and grandfather of Connor from Assassin's Creed 3.

He's a privateer, assassin and occasional pirate, and will get to visit locations spread all over the region.

We'll be posting a full reveal of the game at 5pm on Monday, 4th March.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd rather they go back further in time
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    Options
    This game would be better presented as a prequel to Assassin's creed 3 and not titled as AC4

it should be AC:Black Flag period
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looking forward to that modern day version.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    still haven't played 3 and ? with AC heavy. the second one is still the best to me. they took what was great about 1 and expanded on it. they do need a difficulty setting though. block parry attack, it should be easier than that.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This game would be better presented as a prequel to Assassin's creed 3 and not titled as AC4

it should be AC:Black Flag period

I think giving them numbers kinda ruins it a bit as well. Once things get past 3, people start to get like "oh really? ANOTHER one?!" at least for the majority of things. Could you imagine if the titles for cod were "Call of Duty 9: Black Ops 2"? ? just seems pretentious
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn I aint finish the last one yet

Me either. But funk makes a good point about the sync. Get rid of that. Hell I got a bunch of syncs I need to redo, all b/c I didn't do it the first time around. Too much of a hassle man.
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm kinda trying to go forward in time, not backward
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    How far back in time you all feel a pirate story would be?
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    Looks much more interesting than the currect AC
  • Art-illery
    Art-illery Members Posts: 743 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »

They say that the main character is Ratonhnhaké:ton's (Connor Kenway) grandfather, Edward Kenway. I'm assuming that the pirate talking to his sailors in the vid is Edward "Blackbeard" Teach... So, late 1600s, early 1700s... Personally, I would've LOVED a game playing as Haytham Kenway... Dude was a G. But how are Desmond's (ONLY check the spoiler if you've played through Assassin's Creed 3)...
    memories still synching after his death!? And if so, how can anybody extract memories from a dead body? If that was the case, then Abstergo could've still extracted memories from Clay Kaczmarek's (Subject 16) body after he went crazy and murked himself. I've read some rumors, and the craziest rumor I heard was that Clay was able to re-animate himself through Desmond's death, and he will be taking over as the lead modern-day character. That would be interesting, because of Clay's disposition of the "insane genius."

• KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    SPOILERS FOR PART THREE, SO SCROLL ON

Why the ? is the game still in the past? Desmond resurrected one of the ancient "gods" and died to save mankind, but the game is STILL trying to stay in the past because they have a history fetish? ? outta here. Upgrade the combat to deal with modern day weapons like Watch Dogs and create new characters.

AC3 pretty much built on nothing but "Oh, snap! There's Benjamin Franklin talking about hoes! Oh, and here's Samuel Adams!" and none of that ? made the game better. They could've been new characters with no loss of effect.

Unless there's a twist that reveals the game is set in modern times and focusing on how to stop the all-powerful goddess who wants to control everyone, they lost me on this one. Naughty Dog realized that Drake/Tomb Raider ? was getting old, and switched it up to Last of Us. Ubisoft needs to go ahead and put this engine on a new Prince of Persia or something for this current gen.
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    Art-illery wrote: »

They say that the main character is Ratonhnhaké:ton's (Connor Kenway) grandfather, Edward Kenway. I'm assuming that the pirate talking to his sailors in the vid is Edward "Blackbeard" Teach... So, late 1600s, early 1700s... Personally, I would've LOVED a game playing as Haytham Kenway... Dude was a G. But how are Desmond's (ONLY check the spoiler if you've played through Assassin's Creed 3)...

Haven't played thru yet ......... so I'll end the discussion here. lol
  • Art-illery
    Art-illery Members Posts: 743 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But by the way Edward Kenway is looking, he could potentially have more swag than Ezio! Doubt it though... I thought Altair was an ? in the first game, until I played AC: Revelations and realized that he literally repped for The Brotherhood until his final breath. I still think Connor has more of a story to tell. A lot of people hated his character, but I can understand why Connor wound up the way that he did...
  • DarthRozay
    Options
    Art-illery wrote: »

memories still synching after his death!? And if so, how can anybody extract memories from a dead body? If that was the case, then Abstergo could've still extracted memories from Clay Kaczmarek's (Subject 16) body after he went crazy and murked himself. I've read some rumors, and the craziest rumor I heard was that Clay was able to re-animate himself through Desmond's death, and he will be taking over as the lead modern-day character. That would be interesting, because of Clay's disposition of the "insane genius."

Does it have to be desmond using the animus? Perhaps it's his father using it? I never even thought about the modern day aspect to be honest.
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All previous character models looked like Desmond. This new one doesnt so it appears they may be finally moving on from Desmond's story.

I have a suspicion that the new character will tie into the AC portable game released with AC3 also.
  • DarthRozay
    Options
    Here's a thought as well, maybe we'll get to see a younger Achilles too.

I seen someone on an AC video say it'd be cool to play a game as achilles, which I definitely agree with. He probably has an interesting backstory.

and I second Art-illery saying that an entire game as Haytham would be pretty badass as well.
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    Options
    finally wielding dual weapons
  • lurkinassnigga
    lurkinassnigga Members Posts: 453 ✭✭✭
    Options
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Now the question at hand is should I get it on PS3 or wait and get it on PS4?
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    Now the question at hand is should I get it on PS3 or wait and get it on PS4?

If it follows the usual release times, the PS4 should release around the same time it drops.
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    An Achilles backstory would be dope as ?
  • FlashHex
    FlashHex Members Posts: 138 ✭✭
    Options
    Sick of this franchise, but I do like the Pirates theme they're going with

I hope its only-next-gen.... not cross-gen.

I think they have used up all the power they can in PS360 already. Time to take it to the next level on PS4

I love it. I know they are milking it every year but I love the assassination missions.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-to-get-exclusive-ps4-features-6404751

PS4 will be the BEST version of ACIV, and will have exclusive features.... according to Ubisoft.