ISP's monitoring your downloading..

2»

Comments

• renagade410.
    renagade410. Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭
    so torrents a no go.. so how about websites like sharebeast, etc

there are safe ways to use torrents but with so many direct links out there its almost no point. Only time i use torrents is for linux distros and filipino movies.

direct links>>>>>>
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    in these 17 steps you could literally browse without a trace.....the whole guide on how to do so is bout 5 pages worth of typing...pm me for a guide

1. Obtaining Tor Browser
    2. Using and Testing Tor Browser for the first time
    3. Securing Your Hard Drive
    4. Setting up TrueCrypt, Encrypted Hidden Volumes
    5. Testing TrueCrypt Volumes
    6. Securing your Hard Disk
    7. Temporarily Securing Your Disk, Shredding Free Space
    8. Installing VirtualBox
    9. Installing a Firewall
    10. Firewall Configuration
    11. Installing Ubuntu
    12. Ubuntu Initial Setup
    13. Installing Guest Additions
    14. Installing IRC (Optional)
    15. Installing Torchat (Optional)
    16. Creating TOR-Only Internet Environment
    17. General Daily Usage

Yea...you know a few things about *ahem* network security and Hac...I won't say that word, but I'm with you 100%...!! @renegade410.

lol computer science major looking to get my ceh(certified ethical hacker) but until then im a grey hat hacker for the time being. Had to step my security game up after the ? fbi raided my crib last year cuz of sprint ? ass. Exploited sprints 4g and had the whole hood on a single connection and someone went HAM and that ? fell on me. Signal did 120tb in a month...yes you read that right. A ? aint got nunin to hide just take pride in the fact that if i did the feds couldnt find SHAT on my system

I'm thinking about majoring in computer science

best decision i made in my life tbh....i was doing information systems but we like to joke that thats a major for ppl who couldnt handle computer science so i switched

i highly recommend getting your A+ and network+...computer science is one of those fields where certifications can outweigh a degree and can substitute for experience

thanks for the info, any other info i should know about computer science?
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013

I fond this program to help with VPN dropouts.

VPNCheck Pro
    Secures your VPN connection and Computer ID.
    Auto login for PPTP and OpenVPN.
    Shutdown network or close and autostart programs upon VPN crash. Unlimited programs supported.
    Virtualization supported for VMware and Virtualbox.
    Computer ID protection helps you against WPA/WPA2 attackers, and network Computer ID sniffer algorithms.
    https://sites.fastspring.com/guavi/instant/vpncheck_pro?referrer=

It's $20 for the Pro version.

--

I use a program called jdownloader to manage my downloads. Works for youtube also.
    http://jdownloader.org/

List of Anonymous VPN's
    http://torrentfreak.com/vpn-services-that-take-your-anonymity-seriously-2013-edition-130302/

How to setup a VPN in Windows 7
    http://www.nextofwindows.com/how-to-set-up-a-vpn-connection-in-windows-7/

And Mac OS X
    http://www.it.northwestern.edu/oncampus/vpn/native/mac.html
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    What about the that ? that rips music from youtube? can they track that?

They can probably see you downloading the youtube vid, but they're probably not going to go out of their way to see what you downloaded, nor do anything about it., especially if you download the video as is(flv format), then use another program to convert it to mp3.

Now what I want to know from network heads is if they can monitor the ? you're streaming from sites linked through free movie sites and ? , and can they tag you off that.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoldChild wrote: »
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    What about the that ? that rips music from youtube? can they track that?

They can probably see you downloading the youtube vid, but they're probably not going to go out of their way to see what you downloaded, nor do anything about it., especially if you download the video as is(flv format), then use another program to convert it to mp3.

Now what I want to know from network heads is if they can monitor the ? you're streaming from sites linked through free movie sites and ? , and can they tag you off that.

All sights log ip addresses. They would have to get the log. I'm sure if it's a weak site, they can sneak something in to monitor but I'm not sure that's too legal on their part. still, the ISP couldn't do much to individuals but they will eventually attempt to take down that site.
  • renagade410.
    in these 17 steps you could literally browse without a trace.....the whole guide on how to do so is bout 5 pages worth of typing...pm me for a guide

1. Obtaining Tor Browser
    8. Installing VirtualBox
    9. Installing a Firewall
    11. Installing Ubuntu
    12. Ubuntu Initial Setup
    17. General Daily Usage

Yea...you know a few things about *ahem* network security and Hac...I won't say that word, but I'm with you 100%...!! @renegade410.

lol computer science major looking to get my ceh(certified ethical hacker) but until then im a grey hat hacker for the time being. Had to step my security game up after the ? fbi raided my crib last year cuz of sprint ? ass. Exploited sprints 4g and had the whole hood on a single connection and someone went HAM and that ? fell on me. Signal did 120tb in a month...yes you read that right. A ? aint got nunin to hide just take pride in the fact that if i did the feds couldnt find SHAT on my system

I'm thinking about majoring in computer science

best decision i made in my life tbh....i was doing information systems but we like to joke that thats a major for ppl who couldnt handle computer science so i switched

i highly recommend getting your A+ and network+...computer science is one of those fields where certifications can outweigh a degree and can substitute for experience

thanks for the info, any other info i should know about computer science?

if you aint good at math...dont think that youll become it overnight lol
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭

1. Obtaining Tor Browser
    8. Installing VirtualBox
    9. Installing a Firewall
    11. Installing Ubuntu
    12. Ubuntu Initial Setup
    17. General Daily Usage

Hold up, feds raided your crib ??!? Damn and Over what?

@renegade410.
  • renagade410.

1. Obtaining Tor Browser
    8. Installing VirtualBox
    9. Installing a Firewall
    11. Installing Ubuntu
    12. Ubuntu Initial Setup
    17. General Daily Usage

Hold up, feds raided your crib ??!? Damn and Over what?

@renegade410.

titanagraph warning

over the sprint ? ...sprint was once advertising TRUE unlimited 4g data with no throttling so i decided to test their claims out. Rooted my phone and made it into a wireless hotspot(without paying the extra 30/month) and had the whole neighborhood on my signal. Racked up well over 120tb in a month(actually a lil less than a month because they called me on the 21st). So they told me how much data i used up and that the only way to possibly use that much data was through illegal downloads/file sharing. They gave me 2 days to fix the problem which i did, even though there was no written rule that said you couldnt go over a certain amount...not even in the fine print. So 2 days later i get another call from sprint and they tell me my service is terminated FOR LIFE..even though i fixed the problem. ? aint even let my switch my number to a diff carrier smh. So i take the L and assume thats it....nope next days feds at my door talkin bout they got a warrant to search my ? due to illegal activity. They raided the ? outta my house...seal team 6 style. Took my computer and kept asking me where my phone was and i told em straight up i tossed that ? in the river.(not necessarily the best thing to have said at that time) Long story short sprint took me to court but ? got dismissed...like i said earlier there was no written rule about how much data you could use and i did not know ppl were on my 4g signal illegally downloading. Since then sprint has now changed the rule to 15gb/month even though its really hidden in the fine print because they still advertise unlimited 4g data even though its not.(well if you use the hotspot its a 15gb limit) Also internet providers now have a rule where even if someone hacks your signal and downloads illegally on it...? falls on you. So ever since that day i figure the feds still keepin tabs on me n ? ..so im extra EXTRA safe...i dont even watch copyrighted ? on youtube no more lmao.