Thoughts on These Smoking Jackets?

Options
Maximus Rex
Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
As much as I enjoy smoking cigars, I really don't care for smelling for clothes to smell like smoke afterwards, so I like to get your opinions on these smoking jackets.

tumblr_lhqydhWnCo1qdbf5lo1_400.jpg

psHoliday-4.jpg

These two are from Paul Stuart

B107_NAVY?$bbproductimages$

513B_NAVY?$bbproductimages$

These two are from Brooks Brothers

Comments

• MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    THEY CLEAN BUT DO YOU REALLLLLY NEED TO BUY A JACKET JUST TO SMOKE IN?
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so u wear these to smoke in? just get a fira as bath robe and cuff the arm collars lol
  • Maximus Rex
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    so u wear these to smoke in? just get a fira as bath robe and cuff the arm collars lol

wfa1.jpg

That's a smoking robe and it's doing too much. There's a fine line between fly and pretentious. Besides you can't wear that ? to the club.

• twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the green one is dope.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hugh Hefner swag.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This one...

I rock a smoking coat when bunning...
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i want one..

and i dont even smoke!!!!
  • runningwolf1980
    runningwolf1980 Members Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? be trying to hard to act like white folk
  • ceothachosen1
    ceothachosen1 Members Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭
    Options
    they have a few redeeming qualities especially when it comes to stuntin
  • Maximus Rex
    Options

That's the problem with ? , it seems that dressing well, going to school, reading, listening to something other than rap, R&B and using correct proper English are associate with being white? Try are some things that white people do that we need to emulate, one of those is knowing who to dress. It's gotten to the point now where ? are so ? hood, that the don't even know how to polish shoes, tie a necktie, or coordinate causal or buisness dress. How is wearing smoking jacket considered "white," when basically the only person who wears on is Hugh Heffner. SMH @ the ratchet ? who came in here on some hatin ? .

• runningwolf1980
    Options

That's the problem with ? , it seems that dressing well, going to school, reading, listening to something other than rap, R&B and using correct proper English are associate with being white? Try are some things that white people do that we need to emulate, one of those is knowing who to dress. It's gotten to the point now where ? are so ? hood, that the don't even know how to polish shoes, tie a necktie, or coordinate causal or buisness dress. How is wearing smoking jacket considered "white," when basically the only person who wears on is Hugh Heffner. SMH @ the ratchet ? who came in here on some hatin ? .

man take your ass to a hootie and the blowfish thread
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    achewon87 wrote: »
    This one...

I rock a smoking coat when bunning...

this ? right here fire
  • Say What
    Say What Members Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This isn't dressing well it is trying to look prestigious. Every dude in the hood can't conduce business meeting because the are not businessmen. Its like the solider from infantry attempting to be a general. I believe in education and experiencing other things in the world but there is always a line. Yours is just different than others.
  • Maximus Rex
    edited April 2013
    Options
    "Say wrote:
    This isn't dressing well it is trying to look prestigious. Every dude in the hood can't conduce business meeting because the are not businessmen. Its like the solider from infantry attempting to be a general. I believe in education and experiencing other things in the world but there is always a line. Yours is just different than others.

SMFH, the failings of the public school system in America, coupled with ? abject refusal to read and increase their vocabulary is a muthafucka. Dude did you mean:

prestigious indicative of or conferring prestige: the most prestigious address in town.

2. having a high reputation; honored; esteemed: a prestigious author.

or

pretentious characterized by assumption of dignity or importance, especially when exaggerated or undeserved: a pretentious, self-important waiter.

2. making an exaggerated outward show; ostentatious.

3. full of pretense or pretension.

because if you're trying to convey the thought that "looking prestigious," is a bad thing and will generate negative results, then you should gone and "commit that," right now. Besides, I'm not trying to ? with "hood ? ." I'm trying to attract and be around people who trying to make something of their lives and make it happen.
  • runningwolf1980
    edited April 2013
    Options

SMFH, the failings of the public school system in America, coupled with ? abject refusal to read and increase their vocabulary is a muthafucka. Dude did you mean:

prestigious indicative of or conferring prestige: the most prestigious address in town.

or

pretentious characterized by assumption of dignity or importance, especially when exaggerated or undeserved: a pretentious, self-important waiter.

because if you're trying to convey the thought that "looking prestigious," is a bad thing and will generate negative results, then you should gone and "commit that," right now. Besides, I'm not trying to ? with "hood ? ." I'm trying to attract and be around people who trying to make something of their lives and make it happen.

that ? looks like i wrote that ? lol...anyway far as im concerned you would look like a ? ? wearing that monkey ass ? ...get your ass a monocle while your at it and go full blown ? you uppity ass ?
  • Say What
    Say What Members Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

or

I was referring to the terms like celebrated,distinguished, making yourself look greater than. I graduated from the hood but I never seen anyone walk around in their home or outside with that on. As long as you think buying material objects will get you accepted you will remain a ? . Clothes don't make the man
  • Maximus Rex
    Options
    "Say wrote:
    I was referring to the terms like celebrated,distinguished, making yourself look greater than.

To paraphase Apocalypse, "Rex doesn't make himself look greater than, he simply is."

• Maximus Rex
    Options
    Yesterday was a seminal day in Rex's fashion development, for it was yesterday that Rex was fitted for his first piece of custom clothing.

As y'all all know, I've been wanting a smoking jacket. When I went priced the jackets, surprisingly, I found it would be cheaper to have one made as opposed to buying one off-the-rack. Having my jacket made saved me roughly $100. Also, if I would had bought the jacket off-the-rack, I still would have had taken in to have some alterations made. (E.g. if I would have bought the off-the-rack, I would have had the sleeves taken in about an inch to show cuff.

The sacrifice I'm making is in the style of the jacket. I wanted this one, except in traditional red with the black shawl collar and black cuffs.

navy_smoking_jacket.jpg_1.jpg

The place I went didn't have this pattern, and that's the major difference between a bespoke clothing and made-to-measure. With bespoke clothing, a lot more measurements are taken and from those measurements, a custom pattern of your body type is made. From that custom pattern, the tailor will make your suits. With made-to-measure, few measurements are taken and they'll match your measurements up with pre-existing patterns and that's what I did with this jacket. The smoking jacket that I'm going to get is going to look like this.

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=52086055

? is still fly as ? and I'm going to shut ? down walking around Catholic School with this ? on. I'm just trying to decide on what kind of shirt to get.

• twatgetta
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I got one. It's Black on Black with a Black silk liner and silk lined pockets. stitched cuffed, real simple but dope. I only wear that ? on rainy days when I know for a fact that I'm in the house for a while. that way I can get that super player relax on with the Cigars, Brandy and Kush. have that ? all on my Poker table. I feel you @MaximusRex it takes a REAL player to recognize what real players like.

• Maximus Rex
    Options
    twatgetta wrote: »
    I got one. It's Black on Black with a Black silk liner and silk lined pockets. stitched cuffed, real simple but dope. I only wear that ? on rainy days when I know for a fact that I'm in the house for a while. that way I can get that super player relax on with the Cigars, Brandy and Kush.

51zeAvBPYaL._SL1500_.jpg

Do you have something similar ^^^^^?
    I feel you @MaximusRex it takes a REAL player to recognize what real players like.

This what cats don't understand, the intricacies involved in game recognizing game. It's kinda like being in a secret society. As a cigar smoker, when you're smoking a cigar on the street, fellow "Brothers of the Leaf," will acknowledge in the street. When you're dressed right, people will want to ? with, especially white people. White dudes will be like, "His suit fits, he's showing and inch of cuff, he has on dope pocket square. Dude's alright, let me find out a little more about him." Dudes need to stop reaching for the lowest common denominator and try to reach for something a little bit higher.
  • twatgetta
    Options
    i want one..

and i dont even smoke!!!!

? YOU sposta been had one, ? ...break a ? and go get dat done ? ...lol
  • twatgetta
    Options
    I got one. It's Black on Black with a Black silk liner and silk lined pockets. stitched cuffed, real simple but dope. I only wear that ? on rainy days when I know for a fact that I'm in the house for a while. that way I can get that super player relax on with the Cigars, Brandy and Kush.

51zeAvBPYaL._SL1500_.jpg

Do you have something similar ^^^^^?
    I feel you @MaximusRex it takes a REAL player to recognize what real players like.

This what cats don't understand, the intricacies involved in game recognizing game. It's kinda like being in a secret society. As a cigar smoker, when you're smoking a cigar on the street, fellow "Brothers of the Leaf," will acknowledge in the street. When you're dressed right, people will want to ? with, especially white people. White dudes will be like, "His suit fits, he's showing and inch of cuff, he has on dope pocket square. Dude's alright, let me find out a little more about him." Dudes need to stop reaching for the lowest common denominator and try to reach for something a little bit higher.

Similar but no belt, I got buttons, and the only stitching I have is on the cuffs. and the lapels are just smooth.
  • Maximus Rex
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I like the buttons, it's smooth look, but there's just some really pimpish about the belt and the double breasted ? . You should wear you ? out to the club or the nudey bar. The good part is the jacket will open ? for you, the bad part is ? will come up to you with their nasty ass hands tryin' to touch all on your velvet smoking jacket. You got the ascot, playa?
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you really wearing ascots and smoking jackets?

you trying to get that invisible man swag or what?