For the hip-hop head 30 and up.....what's left for us?

Comments

• ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These youngins must not know about texting at work, computers at work or

When an old ? is just on his/her 'off' day
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mad older rap cats put out music... go find it... it aint that hard really...
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This ? rides till March.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are new artists I like a lot.Hip hop don't stop it just changes

kendrick,Big sean,Cole.Action,Slaughterhouse etc still make good music I like
  • $tayRichROLLIN
    $tayRichROLLIN Members Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    were fucced! we have no radio stations that relate to us. its either this new ? or its RNb from the 80s n 90s which is ok. but maybe the question should be why is it that the artist thats buzzin are 30s or closer to 30s and they make bad music.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ill be 32 monday and ? ain't looking bleek to me some good ? and good young artists out there. it's given now that the mainstream is out of balance so no need to keep ? bout that...a lot of the wack ? i just laugh at and turn it off and keep it moving
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This ? rides till March.

LOL.. hahaha..
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zigefresh wrote: »
    Y'all some old ass ? . Lol

Don't y'all have careers to do or something.

Something you'll never be faced with clearly...
  • Weazel
    Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the younger genaration I like:

Kendrick Lamar, Jay Rock, Ab Soul, Schoolboy Q, Fashawn, J Cole, B.o.B

And then some more, but not that much
    I'm 32 and most of the rappers I listening to are my age or (way) older
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outside of a few joints, the 30+ crowd has been largely neglected and even laughed at cause they can no longer do ratcchet things without being made fun of or look foolish. Maturity in Hip Hop and our immediate surroundings have been laughed at in recent years, cause heads still want to hang on to youth. More 30 somethings want to be like 2 Chainz than a Jigga nowadays.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Contrary to popular belief, i think hiphop is in a very great place right now. Sure you have ? rappers out there but there are a bunch of great young rappers coming up (K Dot, J Cole, Krit,etc) and then you got the vets still doing their ? .

Plus i can always listen to my old albums.

5-7 years ago all we saw was Lil Jon, Franchise Boys, D4L,etc, now it's more of a balance out there.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You just mad cause ya ass is old

First thing you do is to pick up the phone
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wild Self wrote: »
    Outside of a few joints, the 30+ crowd has been largely neglected and even laughed at cause they can no longer do ratcchet things without being made fun of or look foolish. Maturity in Hip Hop and our immediate surroundings have been laughed at in recent years, cause heads still want to hang on to youth. More 30 somethings want to be like 2 Chainz than a Jigga nowadays.

Sad but true. I'll be 40 this summer, I can't relate to a lot of this stuff for one, I never lived that life,and 2 I can't go backwards in life. And spending all day on the CPU outside of work is crazy. Go crate dig, you'll find more ? to get into that way, invites to parties and women
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBH, I don't listen much to mainstream hip-hop. I don't feel neglected in anyway due to the fact that there is so much great music in the underground that I can relate to. The advent of the internet has been good for that.

With that said there is so much more variety to choose from within the mainstream and underground from when I was growing up that I really don't have too much to complain about. I mean I never really looked to radio or music videos to help find music anyways as it really wasn't like that for me as a youngin'
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly dont listen to too much new stuff. constantly playing 90's and early 2000's albums.
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    okaay wrote: »
    I dumbed down my taste in music.

I'm Gonna Have To Co-Sign This Statement...My 21 Year Old Self Would Spit At My Currently 30 Year Old Self For Bumpin Rick Ross Juicy J And The Rest Of These ? ...The Underground Aint What It Used To Be Either...In The End The Its All Entertainment...Some People Take Music Too Damn Seriously...I Used To Be One Of Them...Ol Aesop Rock Listenin Ass ? ...Ol Jedi Mind Tricks Over The Top Horrorcore Gibberish Lyrics Decipherin Ass ?

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Most depressing thread title ever.

But lol @ "CDs". I converted all my CDs to digital years ago. Took a whole wekend but its worth it (there's also places that will do it for you)

I got over 10,00 songs, with 90GB left on my Ipod.

Catch up you Analog ass nggas. Lol
  • hnic1978
    hnic1978 Members Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my 30s. Never spent a second of my life on the internet in my teens or 20s. I was livin life outside the internet. It was the 90s and earlier 00s. Im happy for that. This the only site i ever been involved on. I have no problem with music. I listen to mostly 90s rap, but ill listen to it from the 70s on up to today if i like the song. Im an open minded dude.

This here.....I'm 34 years old and its all about having a open mind and knowing what u like. As much as I like Jay, BIG, Wu-Tang.....I like Curren$y, Joey BadA$$, Drake, and Kendrick Lamar. Just cause u are a certain age doesn't mean your taste of music is supposed to stop.
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IC Topic of the future will be...

"Who was all time best rapper Lil B vs.Tupac"....lol
  • hnic1978
    hnic1978 Members Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭✭✭

usmarin3 wrote: »
    Contrary to popular belief, i think hiphop is in a very great place right now. Sure you have ? rappers out there but there are a bunch of great young rappers coming up (K Dot, J Cole, Krit,etc) and then you got the vets still doing their ? .

Plus i can always listen to my old albums.

5-7 years ago all we saw was Lil Jon, Franchise Boys, D4L,etc, now it's more of a balance out there.

I been sayin this. As much as I love Wu-Tang or the LOX, Nas when i'm at home or in my car, but when I'm in the the club with two drinks in my hand with bad ? in heels............2 CHAAAAAIIIIIIINNNNNNNZZZZZZ!!!!!!
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol@ J.Cole being good.

Boosie & Lil B>>>>>>>>>>>>Jermaine
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    hip hop is just dead on the radio..

im more concern with the state of r&b right now..