Alabama math teacher turns herself in for allegedly smashing 14 year old student (W/Pics)

Young_Chitlin
Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
By PAUL THOMPSON

A married math teacher, 28, was arrested on Monday after she turned herself for an alleged affair with a 14-year-old male student. Alicia Gray, of Mobile, Alabama, was accompanied by her husband and attorney when she surrendered herself to authorities at Mobile County Metro Jail, after a warrant had been issued for her arrest and an investigation into the relationship was launched.

Gray was booked into jail and charged with two counts of second-degree ? , one count of second-degree sexual abuse and one count of school employee having sexual relations with a student under the age of 19. The teacher, who worked at MGM High School in Mobile, was released two hours later after posting bail, but is due back in court in March.

Police in Mobile have released few details about the arrest and said their investigation was "ongoing". On the MGM High School's website she described herself as "highly qualified in mathematics". Former students said they were shocked by the allegations. Her biography has since been removed after school officials placed her on administrative leave. “She's really cool,” said former student Matt Boykin.

“I had her class when I was in ninth grade. I struggled with math a lot, and she really helped me.” Gray had graduated from Mary G Montgomery High school and went on to pursue a bachelor degree in mathematics education from the University of Mobile in May 2007. She then received her master’s degree in teaching and learning from Nova Southeastern University in May 2011.

article-2285572-1855F052000005DC-495_306x364.jpg

article-2285572-1855F059000005DC-880_306x364.jpg

article-2285572-1855F04D000005DC-600_306x423.jpg

Comments