C-Webb (99-02) VS Pau Gasol (07-10)

Options
blu197
blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2013 in From the Cheap Seats
Which would you want as your starting PF???

C-Webb (99-02) VS Pau Gasol (07-10) 43 votes

PAU
13%
nawledge_god_Menace_blu197OhPeeParalleltha bause 6 votes
C-Webb
86%
wilberdmillzplaymaker88marc123S2Jalmighty breezeinfamous114the ghostwindycity2117joeyfkncrakkprop joeaf.r.i.c.a.unspoken_respectPanchoYoSanchoDOPEdweebzCoolJoeL.O.S.T.IbexFlyFreeCttexasdaking88NothingButTheTruth 37 votes

Comments

• blu197
    Options
    PAU
    I got Pau.... Dude is jus better to me

lakers26paugasol.jpg
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    C-Webb
    ? the Lakers around that time
  • SocialAssassinRati
    SocialAssassinRati Members Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    C-Webb
    CWebb and it aint even close....

CWebb in his prime was one of the most complete players ever...you talking bout a dude avg. 27ppg 13rebs.5ast. 2stls and 2blks during that time

Pau has NEEEEEEVVVEEERRRR come close to those numbers....and add in the fact that CWebb is a leader Pau has never been a leader.
  • blu197
    Options
    PAU

CWebb in his prime was one of the most complete players ever...you talking bout a dude avg. 27ppg 13rebs.5ast. 2stls and 2blks during that time

Pau has NEEEEEEVVVEEERRRR come close to those numbers....and add in the fact that CWebb is a leader Pau has never been a leader.

C-Webb only has 3 seasons out of 15 where he shot over 50% from the field... And pau (in his prime) can put up those type of numbers if he played on those king teams frm 99-02... if you replace a prime pau for webber on those king squads they would've been better..... and pau is the better playoff performer and more reliable as far as health and WAYYY MOE CONSISTENT.....

PLAYOFF STATS FOR CAREER:

PAU/17.6ppg/9.6reb/3.3ast/1.9blk/51.7Fg%

C-Webb/18.7ppg/8.7reb/3.6ast/1.2blk/46.4Fg%
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • blu197
    Options
    PAU

Oh yea and Pau has a Spanish King MVP (2001) and a Spanish league Finals MVP (2001) and was hands down the Leader on BOTH Olympic teams in 08 and 2012
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    C-Webb
    Pau is a side kick

Yall just gon forget his Memphis days when he wasn't winning ? .

Webb was the best player on a team contending for a championship.
  • WiseGuyy
    WiseGuyy Members Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    C-Webb
    C Webb Was A Dominate force back then. Gotta go with him. Pau Was just a great compliment to Kobe
  • WiseGuyy
    Options
    C-Webb
    blu197 wrote: »

C-Webb only has 3 seasons out of 15 where he shot over 50% from the field... And pau (in his prime) can put up those type of numbers if he played on those king teams frm 99-02... if you replace a prime pau for webber on those king squads they would've been better..... and pau is the better playoff performer and more reliable as far as health and WAYYY MOE CONSISTENT.....

Cant talk career stats when you used a specific timeline bro
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Rhyme_Religion
    Rhyme_Religion Members Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    C-Webb
    Pay got the 2 Rings, 3 Finals appearances, Gold Medal, etc.

He not ? w/ a healthy C.Webb at all.

• Rhyme_Religion
    Rhyme_Religion Members Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    C-Webb
    Got Damn no edit option. What kinda smart dumb ? don't allow you to edit your own posts ? *Pau . ? this typo ? .

Pay Gasol is Pau other lil brother like Cliff Paul
  • SocialAssassinRati
    SocialAssassinRati Members Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    C-Webb
    blu197 wrote: »

Pau is the better playoff performer despite not getting out the first rd of the playoff til he came to LA?

CWebb BEEEEEEEEN leading cats to the promise land HS,College,Pro...just couldnt get over the ? in pros.

If Pau played on those Kings teams duke wouldnt be doing ? ... you talking about going up against Prime Shaq,Divac,Duncan,KG,Sheed,Mailman and Young Dirk,Brand,Jamison,Yao.

Pau be fading into the background NOW in a league with no real talent down low save 3-4 guys spread across the entire league...that are mostly 1-D at best on most nights.

The players I named....ALLLLLLLLL in the Western Conference at the time. Pau would be an afterthought...C.Webb put up numbers against the best of the best every night.

Pau is barely mentioned in an era lacking bigs and post players...stop disrespecting C.Webb's timeout calling ass.
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    C-Webb
    Chris Webber is my ? back in Sac dude was undoubtedly my fav player, silky midrange with guard passing and handling abilities... CWebb's game had a mean swagger up until he tore his cal vs DAL in the Pkayoffs, that should've been Sacramentos year, I loved those deep Kings squads
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    C-Webb
    Lol @ only the t/s voting for Pau
  • tha bause
    tha bause Members Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PAU
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    Lol @ only the t/s voting for Pau

I voted pau so he won't be alone. Him and webber will both be in the hall though

• Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    C-Webb
    I'd take a prime Webber.

I remember Webber and Divac opening up a clinic on passing and how to get others involved when the Kings were good there in the early 2000s.

Webber was a more effective scorer in my opinion, had a good mid range jumper which is actually a lost art in the league these days, and he could pass well for a big man.

I'd MAYBE put Webber up there in the top 10 passing big men ever in the NBA.

My only knock on C Webb was sometimes he'd disappear in clutch moments I remember one or two of those years when they played the Lakers Mike Bibby carried them hitting clutch shot after clutch shot.

I still think Webber is much better all around than Gasol and Webber will be a hall of famer and deservingly so maybe not first ballot but he'll get in.
  • WiseGuyy
    Options
    C-Webb
    Nah, I think He'll get 1styou ballot
This discussion has been closed.