Anybody listens to Umar Johnson

Undergroundraplegend
Undergroundraplegend Members Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2013 in R & R (Religion and Race)

Comments

• poindexter2
    poindexter2 Members Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    on the surface his message is good, but IMO hes just another race ? like sharpton and jesse may jackson
  • Undergroundraplegend
    edited March 2013
    on the surface his message is good, but IMO hes just another race ? like sharpton and jesse may jackson

nah guy isnt like that brotha hes real good his whole point is for Blacks to get there ? together he even talks of what your saying of Black leaders

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAnYOsT2zMc
  • Undergroundraplegend
    Seriously my thread still at 11 views
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He IS one of the most intelligent blackmen in public life i agree with most of what he says, I just wish he could get more public exposure.
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I listen to him regularly and I agree with 70% of what he's saying. What he's saying applies to blacks worldwide. the only thing I don't agree with is his stance on religion and islam in particular. Other then that he's always on point. Apart from being an intelligent man he's great orator as well. He really knows how to get his point across...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cag36qkUmTA
  • longmeat
    longmeat Members Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭
    Muhannad X wrote: »
    I listen to him regularly and I agree with 70% of what he's saying. What he's saying applies to blacks worldwide. the only thing I don't agree with is his stance on religion and islam in particular. Other then that he's always on point. Apart from being an intelligent man he's great orator as well. He really knows how to get his point across...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cag36qkUmTA

From the video's I've seen of him, he doesn't really talk much about religion outside of the fact religion is used as a crutch by a lot of black people. He constantly takes Marcus Garvey's stance and says your religion is between you and your ? , African people has bigger issues other than who's ? is right.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I c/s this thread. Umar is an intelligent dude. I agree with alot of what he says. U can't try to convert a man from what he truley believes in. But I can guarantee u religion was a part of the reason he is who he is today. Not religion in a whole but that fact that he decided to seek the most high that woke him up to the plight of the black race.

It may not have but o can.say from a personal experience that mu walk with ? caused me to look at the world in a different way. Which in turn caused me to research and helped me to develop a zeal for the advancement of blacks as a whole.
  • Undergroundraplegend
    I c/s this thread. Umar is an intelligent dude. I agree with alot of what he says. U can't try to convert a man from what he truley believes in. But I can guarantee u religion was a part of the reason he is who he is today. Not religion in a whole but that fact that he decided to seek the most high that woke him up to the plight of the black race.

It may not have but o can.say from a personal experience that mu walk with ? caused me to look at the world in a different way. Which in turn caused me to research and helped me to develop a zeal for the advancement of blacks as a whole.

brotha isgreat and really tells you what you should do as a Black person.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    one thing I noticed is people like him brother polite or tehuti or whatever his name is dislike or hate on each other on youtube a lot.
  • Muhannad
    edited March 2013
    @longmeat the only thing I didn't agree with is when I heard him say he's a black man first and a muslim later. If you're a muslim you know religion comes before anything else. I heard him say we shouldn't emphasize the importance of the (fos7a) Arabic language, but as a muslim he should know better. Other than that I agree with almost everything he says. I'm listening to a lecture of him as we speak...
  • zombie
    Muhannad X wrote: »
    @longmeat the only thing I didn't agree with is when I heard him say he's a black man first and a muslim later. If you're a muslim you know religion comes before anything else. I heard him say we should emphasize the importance of the (fos7a) Arabic language, but as a muslim he should know better. Other than that I agree with almost everything he says. I'm listening to a lecture of him as we speak...

Umar is 100 % right when it comes to religion,. The black slaves in Sudan and Mauritania and Sudan are slaves. You cannot place your non-black Muslim brothers above your black Christian brothers or even idol worshipers. If you do then you are useless to our fight. Islam is used as nothing more than Arab imperlism.
  • zombie
    I mean the black slaves are Muslims.
  • Muhannad
    edited March 2013
    You're confusing Arab nationalism or racism with islam while the two have nothing to do with eachother. Arabs only make up about 30% of the muslim population anyway.
  • Muhannad
    I just found out this brother is just 37 year old. It says so on his site. He's a great role model.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0345u7GPBQ
  • Big James
    Big James Members Posts: 345 ✭✭✭✭
    Damn, I gotta get my ? together.
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    His view on the school system are fresh and coming from someone who sees it from the top
    He also doesnt let his education overshadow the spirit of his message
    He is the book of Revealations
    To the few that truly understand
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's decent , but I think brother polight is top dog in the conscious community right now.
  • Undergroundraplegend
    @thesiah91

post a video of his.
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • zombie
    i really don't consider Dr umar to be part of the so called conscious community.
  • Undergroundraplegend
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it aint no conscious community, you got so many different schools of thought there is no one-ness besides us being black, then you got a debate on that, (i'm not black i'm a moor, i'm kemetian,i'm asiatic, i'm african, etc...)
    I respect a lot of the positive stuff that the brothas are doing.

big shout out to sara suten seti,brotha polight,king noble,saa neter,natural tahuti,umar johnson,phil valentine, and so many more. Keep doing the work!
  • zombie
    @zombie why not

Because the philosophy that umar seems to be trying to modernize is good old fashioned pan-africanism of the garveyite type.

The so called conscious community revolves around ancient history and spiritual systems it is mostly composed groups who claim to know something, the problem is that what they claim to know is mostly made up, implausible, or impossible to verify. These groups include the moorish science temple, the various hebrew israelite groups definitely the nuwabians and to a lesser extent the kemetians.
  • Undergroundraplegend
    zombie wrote: »
    @zombie why not

Because the philosophy that umar seems to be trying to modernize is good old fashioned pan-africanism of the garveyite type.

The so called conscious community revolves around ancient history and spiritual systems it is mostly composed groups who claim to know something, the problem is that what they claim to know is mostly made up, implausible, or impossible to verify. These groups include the moorish science temple, the various hebrew israelite groups definitely the nuwabians and to a lesser extent the kemetians.

@zombie

Actually its more then just concious community doin that it can range from Pan africanist Thinking(Umar)
    to what you said not just that but I see what your saying