does prayer accomplish anything?

Options
IamtheVILLE
IamtheVILLE Members Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2013 in R & R (Religion and Race)
you know first off ? ? . but does prayer work? share some stories of how prayer worked and that ? is fake.

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No.

INB4 the lock and/or move.
  • s_a_m_r_i_o
    s_a_m_r_i_o Members Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No, getting up off your ass, communicating and making things happen does.
  • IamtheVILLE
    Options
    but this is g&s though. and dro share how it has worked because i been ....
  • Drew_Ali
    Drew_Ali Members Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It has helped me n life before...
  • death187sin
    death187sin Members Posts: 6,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    everything aint for everybody. I can honestly say there are some things that I prayed for that came to me. Some things never really materialized but hey.. To each its own.
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HONESTLY. . WHY DOYOU CARE... YOU ALREADY CUSSED ? ... SO I TAKE IT AS YOU ARE TROLLIN
  • IamtheVILLE
    Options
    share stories ? . can yall read. and let it cook for now cause i need hope and it seem like prayer is the only solution. fmL
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only if you receive the understanding sent.
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you know first off ? ? . but does prayer work? share some stories of how prayer worked and that ? is fake.

You just answered ur own question with that statement bruh....

Of course it's not gonna work for YOU.....

I KNOW RIGHT.. ? SAID F ? BUT LOOKIN FOR INSPIRATION
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 6,385 ✭✭
    Options

Close ended question.
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No but I don't knock ppl who believe it does

I'm also not sure I beleive in space/time/alley-op but hey, I roll with it for the sake of others
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see prayer as a form of meditation. I think it gives u an enlightening feeling and makes u feel better.

If u get what u prayed for then u believe it works but if u don't get what u prayed for u assume there is a reason/meaning behind it.

Just depends on your beliefs I don't impose mine on others or put people down for theirs.
  • VIBE
    Options
    Prayer is full of arrogance; they think that the world revolves around them and that ? only works in their favor.

It's ? . They never think twice, or even once, that there's others who's prayers go unanswered when praying for life's necessities. Yet they get their prayers answered for a ? tire change or 25¢ raise.

That whole "? works in mysterious ways", is another way of saying, "? those heathens, we are better so therefore ? answers us."

GTFOH.
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if by prayer u mean deep meditation and positive mental attitude, yes...
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes im living proof
  • VIBE
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    So ? has a plan and ? knows all thats going to happen before it happens. And why does ? know this? Because he planned for it to happen long before we were even born.

^^^ CHRISTIAN PHILOSOPHY ON ? ...

Taking that logic (which is Christian logic) into account. There is no need to pray.

SELFISH PRAYER: "? please save my grandmother from cancer"

According to Christian Logic: ? gave your grandmother cancer and it is already preordained whether she will die from it or not. WHY PRAY?

non-selfish prayer: "Thank You ? for blessing me with 2 beautiful children."

According to Christian Logic: You were going to have those kids if you wanted them or not. ? already planned those kids for you.

Thus nothing is in your control. both Muslims & Christians say, "LORD WILLING" in any situation. Thus, it's the Lord's will/plan no matter what. Prayer or no prayer. Religion itself and the belief in an all-knowing, omnipotent ? renders prayer pointless.

Exactly, just more ? .
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this is about adult spirituality, not religion...