does prayer accomplish anything?

Options

Comments

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    prayer does work and ? does not predetermine every little thing only christians of the calvinist influence hold to the doctrine of predestination.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    prayer does work and ? does not predetermine every little thing only christians of the calvinist influence hold to the doctrine of predestination.

You beat me to it bruh...

I doubt this will receive a rebuttal.

• BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ this ? opening up with "first off, ? ? ."
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't pray for miracle

Be the miracle
  • lordhonka2
    lordhonka2 Members Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it does. my wife and I pray together it for out common goals
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    THREAD FULL OF ? THAT DONT BELIEVE IN SOMEONE, YET THEY HATE THAT VERY THING THAT THEY CLAIM DOESNT EXSIST
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you are being of the 8th dimension according physics you will be able to see all strands of possibilities. So ? can see all possibilities, but knows what it is in your heart, but you can choose. He just knows every route you will take.
  • whitecracker
    whitecracker Members Posts: 406
    Options
    i think prayer is just a strong belief or want. i think its real i pray sometimes but could do it way more often
  • IamtheVILLE
    IamtheVILLE Members Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so how do yall feel about if you think it shall come?
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LMAO @ them cows wow
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    These Cows must have been some praying muthafuckas

4390302_h.gif

Mass cow tipping.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 6,385 ✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    These Cows must have been some praying muthafuckas

4390302_h.gif

Mass cow tipping.

No Mater
    No Cars
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Even though i am stone athiest now at the time i was religious prayer provided a great time of solace and reflection for me. It might sound weird (might not to religious folks) but some times speaking to yourself really helps you slow things down and sort things out.

Nowadays prayer is replaced by meditation during hard times, every time there is a problem the answer is within...you just have to spend some time within yourself and find the answers.
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PRAYER CAN NEVER BE REPLACED.. JUST LIKE ? CAN'T BE REPLACED. . THAT'S THE PROBLEM NOW. . EVERYONE THINKS THAT THEY KNOW IT ALL AND THEY HAVE EVERYTHING IN CONTROL.... YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE LITTLE PETTY PROBLEMS THAT YALL HAVE NOW SO HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY THINK YOU REALLY "KNOW"
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1361747508202.gif This gif>>>>> This thread.
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prayer is only meant for you to spiritually connect with ? /Jesus, not for you to ask for things like he's Santa Claus of something... Everything that you get in this world you earn, you control your own destiny and make your own decisions
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Those that go to ? with a grocery list of request really not tapping into true power that prayer provides.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The way prayer works is, if you have a problem, you pray to ? , and in doing so, you relieve tension and stress, and with stress and tension relieved, you handle your business and make decisions, and without stress, you make better decisions and thats how it works.

Now, personally I do not belive in ? but I can understand how it works for those who do. About the question of not being able to handle petty stuff so how can I "know?" I gave up trying to know a long time ago. Knowing gives me nothing. Life is what you make it, I rather spend my time on making my life better and spend my time on what effects me, "knowing" wont really change much, and spending time trying to "know" is time wasted imo.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I usually just fap to relieve stress but i can see how prayer could work.
  • NIKE...
    NIKE... Members Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm startin to think t/s is some kind of loser b..all his threads sound like he lives in a shitbox of a house and drinks 40's and smokes swishers (without the weed) all day..

27725214.jpg
  • Premeer
    Premeer Members Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    brah.. prayer is everything. i could go on and on, but ill just give you an example.

i was diagnosed with depression for like 8+ years.. i swore i was bi-polar tho.. highs of highs and lows of lows.. it was terrible.

but after a while, you begin to realize that these meds aint curing ? .. all they do is temporarily fix you for a couple days, then you gotta go back in and up your dosage. and its just a continuous cycle.. then those pills, lead to other sicknesses and MORE pills.. and its just a vicious cycle they put you in.

and around the time i started taking being a christian a little more serious, keeping my head in the Bible .. made it a daily routine. and ? said hes a healer...

but before i started reading the Bible, i couldnt understand ? lol. but i knew it was true so i asked ? in prayer to help me understand.. so boom. i started reading and things started coming together.

? said he was a healer.. and something told me 1 morning to leave those pills alone and start praying ... so i threw the pills out and started praying to help my depression.. to give me happiness and mental strength to get through those lows and stay high..

within a week, depression was a non-factor in my life.

all depression is is YOU stuck in your thoughts beating yourself up.. you have to change your thoughts and you can change your life. ? taught me that.

of course every now and again you might still hit a low, but thats expected. not nearly as low, tho and lasts a night at the most. prayer built me up, strong, solid, sturdy emotionally, mentally, and gave me wisdom / understanding, etc.. just through prayer.

• Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^i pray you never type a titangraph again